70,000 Nigerian Christians slaughtered

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by AidanK, Sep 16, 2020.

1. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

US NGO, International Christian Concern, estimates that during last 10 years between 50 and 70,000 Nigerian Christians have been slaughtered by Islamic extremists.

Beth B and DesertStar7 like this.
  2. Booklady

Booklady Powers

:cry::cry::cry:

sparrow and Carol55 like this.
  3. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

:cry::cry::cry:

sparrow, Beth B and Booklady like this.
  4. AED

AED Powers

This is a frightening number of martyrs. God have mercy on our brave Nigerian brothers and sisters.

5. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Powers

6. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

There are 19 million baptised Catholics in Nigeria and her patron saints are Mary Queen of Nigeria and ......St Patrick of Ireland

Julia and Beth B like this.
  7. padraig

padraig New Member

The Vatican should be selling their holdings to buy these poor people heavy weapons and getting them training. They should be encouraging Catholics to set up new Military Religious Orders like the Teutonic Knights and the Knights Templars.

We are not Pacifists. We have the right to self defense.

Hello out there, is anyone listening? Get these people guns and training.

We are not Pacifists.

We are not Pacifists.

We are not Pacifists.

No matter what an effeminate clergy may suggest.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    Beth B, Booklady, AED and 2 others like this.
  8. padraig

padraig New Member

https://www.persecution.org/2020/09/08/500-christians-killed-ethiopia-since-june-report-states/

500 Christians Killed in Ethiopia since June, Report States

09/08/2020 Ethiopia (International Christian Concern) – Ethiopia is home to one of the oldest churches in the world. It is believed that the first people to convert to Christianity lived were brought to the faith by Matthew and Bartholomew, as well as the Ethiopian Eunuch who spoke with Phillip. The Ethiopian orthodox church was then founded in the 4th century as the country’s religion by it rulers. Despite this extremely old history, the church is coming under attack in recent days according to the Barnabus Fund. The report states that, “coordinated killings, targeting Christians from a wide range of ethnicities including Oromo Christians, began soon after the alleged assassination of a popular Oromo singer, Hachallu Hundessa, who was shot dead on 29 June…”

There has been ongoing strife in the Oromo region of the country for the past several years, but the Barnabus fund says that the recent killing of these young Christians has been conducted by Islamic extremists. “The attackers are from the Oromo ethnic group, which has traditionally been Muslim, and are members of Qeerroo (meaning, “bachelors”), an Oromo male youth movement. In door-to-door attacks on Christian households the Qeerroo extremists arrived in cars and, armed with guns, machetes, swords and spears, sought out and slaughtered Christians. Children were forced to witness their parents being brutally murdered with machetes.”

Not only have lives been lost, according to the report, “Christians’ business premises and houses were burnt down, vandalised or destroyed by the extremists. Billions of dollars of damage was caused to property, including businesses owned by internationally renowned Christian athlete, Haile Gebreselassie, in Ziway and Shashamahe towns.” Please pray for our brothers and sisters in Ethiopia who are suffering at the hands of hateful and violent neighbors.

Beth B likes this.
  9. padraig

padraig New Member

I wish I were younger I would be out there fighting myself. It would be right down my alley. Fighting would not be down decadent, perverted Clergy's Alley. But it would be very, very, very much down mine.

.What Irish person ever did not like a good fight? We are built for it.:):):)

sparrow, Julia and AED like this.
  10. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

When a government can't or won't protect its people , not only do we have a right but there is a moral obligation to defend the weak and indefensible including ourselves. In the Yugoslav civil wars of the 90s hundreds of young Catholic Europeans joined the Catholic Croats in their fight against Slavs and Moslems who would see them annihilated. These men were indeed modern Knights. Please look up Thomas Crowley an Irishman who died an officer in Croatian army

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    sparrow, Julia, Beth B and 2 others like this.
  11. padraig

padraig New Member

Wow!! I didn't even know this.:):)
    My grandfather fought against the Communists in Spain in the Civil War there. He was a sergeant in charge of an armoured vehicle.:)

sparrow, Julia, Beth B and 2 others like this.
  12. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

Indeed your grandfather was a twentieth century Christian Crusader Padraig

Julia, Beth B, AED and 1 other person like this.
  13. padraig

padraig New Member

Sigh. Defending sexual perversion with their masks on. These people won't protect Christians.

They hate Christians.

sparrow likes this.
  14. padraig

padraig New Member

Well to be honest he was not a good person. He was a very, very bad person, He just liked fighting.:)

He just happened to end up fighting on the right side.

Julia and Beth B like this.
  15. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

Any survivor of that cruel conflict was bound to have "issues"

16. padraig

padraig New Member

I don't know about his issues, he appears to have given everyone else issues he ever had contact with. Both before and after the war. Including not telling many women he was already married with various children of many unions.

I think he had at least several marriages. Goodness knows how many children. I don't know how he managed it. Anyway a bad man.

He was also a Fortune Teller. Something else I frown upon. He used to wear a Turban with a Jewel in it to impress. My grandmother and at least one of my aunts had this gift, as do I. But not for money.:)

He ended up, last I know a Missisippi boat Captain. One of those extraordinary vessels where they did gambling.

Yet another thing I frown upon.

Well at least he was never boring. I wonder if he ever slept and if he did so it must have been with one eye open.:D

A scoundrel ; but an interesting scoundrel.

Julia likes this.
  17. AED

AED Powers

Its hard to imagine this was your grandfather Padraig. Fortune telling! Yikes. Although my great grandmother--Irish Catholic--took up spiritualism when her daughter died.

padraig likes this.
  18. padraig

padraig New Member

My grandfather reminds me of this character.

AED likes this.
  19. AED

AED Powers

Sounds like it for sure.

20. padraig

padraig New Member

I could see and hear things even from my earliest days. Padre Pio could too. It is not necessarily a bad thing.

But to sell them for money is bad.

It runs in the family. But they are not meant to be sold for money.

AED likes this.