20th anniversary of "9/11" - where were you?

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by DesertStar7, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Rain

Rain Powers

I was working in insurance and finance at the time. TVs hung from the ceiling throughout the floor so we could see stock prices go by on the ticker all day long underneath the news. One of the TVs was about 6 feet or so from my desk. The volume was off, but the screen caught my attention. A skyscraper was on fire. The newscasters were still speculating if it had been hit by a plane. Someone turned up the volume. By the time the second plane hit there were several people gathered around the TV. There was no doubt at that point that the plane hit the building on purpose. America was under attack.

About 200 people worked on my floor. It was usually rather noisy, phones ringing constantly, with a lot of activity. The phones fell quiet. A hush came over our little corner of the world. Did I mention that I was pregnant with my first baby and due in two weeks? I had an appointment with the OBY-YN that afternoon. My thoughts were dark that day as I wondered what kind of world we were bringing our baby into.

Sam, Jo M, DesertStar7 and 4 others like this.
  2. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I can understand this.

3. Rain

Rain Powers

Whoa. Makes a person wonder...

4. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I’m of the opinion that we do not know the truth behind this whole 9/11 tragedy.
    It truly does make a person wonder.

Jo M, Don_D, Byron and 4 others like this.
  5. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

That's right. Anytime I feel down about our country I just stop and think about all the people and their selfless acts of charity towards others. All the hurricane relief efforts for example.
    Americans give. Hover over the map with your cursor.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/most-charitable-countries

6. Donna259

Donna259 Powers

I was watching a NAT GEO series and the two F16 fighters that were sent off from NJ to look for the PA plane knew one thing: they had no weapons on board and they were on a kamakazi mission. The first pilot said, I'll take the nose and the second said I'll take the tail. The female pilot spoke for the first time on national tv....amazing heroes.They knew it was headed for DC. They never found it.

I don't know what happened to Flight 93. How it finally succumbed. But one thing I know for sure, heroes on board were not going quietly attacking the cockpit. God bless their heroic efforts. So many heroes that day

7. BrianK

BrianK Archangels Staff Member

The locals surmise that it was quicker and simpler to arm the “tank killer” Gatling machine gun on an A-10 Warthog and send it up from its base in Maryland, than to sacrifice an unarmed F16 in a kamikaze attempt to take down the flight before it got to DC. Supposedly it was headed for the White House.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  8. miker

miker Powers

I am only a few miles from NYC. At that time I was traveling to my job in NJ and remember seeing huge plumes of smoke from the city but it was not until I got office that I knew what happened. I remember trying to calm my wife but no calls could get through. So many rumors circulating about more attacks- was frightening time.

It also hit close to hone. My wife owned a day care at that time. Our community is “blue collar”- cops, firemen, teachers, nurse, etc. Si lots of parents of her kids were impacted. And unfortunately, one mom - just 35- who literally returned to work at the WTC the day before died that day. She left a husband and 3 beautiful kids. I still remember her to this day.

Our tiny little parish lost 9 members that day. It’s very moving that every year , tge oarusgb

9. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 To Jesus + through Mary @-}---

Wow. :(

And yes, I recall the fears of continued attacks.

10. miker

miker Powers

The recessional song at Mass today sung very loudly (maybe not as well as these folks) but with much emotion.

Sam, HeavenlyHosts and DesertStar7 like this.
  11. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Agree. I don’t think we will ever know the whole story. :(

12. Jo M

Jo M Powers

I watched that series last night too, it was very well done. Amazing stories of heroism. I was not aware that it took 20 minutes to load missiles. After hearing this, I wondered if missiles had been loaded onto the jets that took off from from Massachusetts to NYC .

Donna259 and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  13. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I always wonder about the video shown of Pres Bush reading to schoolchildren. I was surprised (putting it mildly) by his reaction when he was told of the attack on the Twin Towers. I do remember watching the news in real time when they gave him the news.

Jo M likes this.
  14. Donna259

Donna259 Powers

15. miker

miker Powers

This only solidifies my distrust in institutions I once held dear- government , the institutional Church and the media (remember Walter Cronkite). All of these are lost imo. But it’s all ok b/c I believe This is in God’s plans. Strip away all of what I once trusted and “depended” on and bring to the One source of Truth, Trust and Dependence- Jesus Christ!

Donna259, Jo M and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  16. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

President Bush was in Florida that day. I don’t know where Mrs. Bush was.
    We heard the target was the Capitol Building. Really not sure.

Jo M likes this.
  17. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Agree.

miker likes this.
  18. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

We know who wins.

miker and Jo M like this.
  19. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Padraig posted a quote from St Thomas Aquinas which speaks to this, over at the end of the Mel Gibson thread today. These institutions have been infiltrated by Luciferian forces now. Plus we have been given the duty to pray for our leaders and as a society, we have failed at that, imho. God in His permissive Will has allowed this. But He has a plan, as Fatimapilgrim says often.

Jo M and Sam like this.
  20. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Powers

We have a thread going for praying for our leaders. Come join us!

https://motheofgod.com/threads/jump-in-here-and-well-pray-for-your-leader.17446/#post-354050

DesertStar7, Jo M and HeavenlyHosts like this.