2021 The Year of Joseph

Discussion in 'Pope Francis' started by Clare A, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

There you go. Ask and you shall receive;
    Seek and you will find;
    Knock and the door will be open for you.

All you need to do now is join us on the journey with dear Saint Joseph. You never know, he might let you have a ride on the donkey. Peace:)

AED, josephite, Jo M and 1 other person like this.
  2. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

In case any one is wondering where the donkey comes in.(y)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    AED, josephite, Jo M and 1 other person like this.
  3. Carolann77

Carolann77 New Member

I am glad you enjoyed his Apostolic letter. However, actions are louder than words and I will not be reading anything he has written. The story of Christmas is peaceful enough for me. I was not replaying any misgivings or warnings; those were my original statements.

4. Carolann77

Carolann77 New Member

I never heard of her until I read your statements. I looked her up and she is in the process of being evaluated for canonization and is called a Servant of God. It is sad if her followers think she is holier than Joseph; they should know better.

josephite likes this.
  5. andree

andree Archangels

Now that would be a million times better than being chauffeured in a limousine :)

AED, Julia and josephite like this.
  6. josephite

josephite Powers

Hi Carolann,
    I must state that even though Luísa Piccaretta's writings are available on many internet sights (please do not go to these sites), none of the available writings have been canonically approved and in fact the current English translation are forbidden!

The Bishop in charge of the writings (the Bishop of Trani, Italy) has forbidden the current English translations of all volumes, due to apparent errors in translation, and has exhorted all to await for the critical edition and theology notes which will explain her writings. ( these are not yet available)

There is, apparently an approved authorised Italian site; which offers information on Luísa spirituality and her prayers, however I think most English speaking Catholics will need the theological notes to understand the stated spirituality of Luísa on this site.

If you go to the thread "The New and Divine Holiness" you will find the authorised site there, given by a Luísa devotee.

I exhort you to trust! the Lord has this! He has given us the year of St Joseph and St Joseph is recognised by the Holy Catholic Church as the holiest Saint that has ever lived next to the Blessed Virgin. Mary has also repeated this in her apparitions over the last 50 years

No one can usurp St Joseph's place. He is the terror of Demons and the protector of the Holy Mother Church and as such, I believe, God has appointed him to overcome the modern heresies that abound today.
    Let us rejoice in St Joseph year and invoke his mighty intercession daily!
    God Bless

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    AED and Julia like this.
  7. Shae

Shae Archangels

Another interesting thing I learned in doing the Consecration to St. Joseph is that there are 3 theories about St. Joseph's reaction when he found out that Mary was with child. The theory I like the most is "The Reverence Theory" wherein St. Joseph doesn't doubt Mary's purity or innocence. Instead, he doubts his own worthiness and ability to take care of Mary and the child. Being a just man, he knows Mary belongs to God and considers himself unworthy of living with her. So he decides to separate himself from her quietly out of reverence for Mary and so as not to reveal her mystery.

AED, josephite, PurpleFlower and 2 others like this.
  8. I am with you on this one, Shae. I came to the same choice, also. Peace!

AED and Shae like this.
  9. Sam

Sam Powers

Saint Joseph was an ordinary sort of man on whom God relied to do great things. He did exactly what the Lord wanted him to do, in each and every event that went to make up his life. That is why Scripture praises Joseph as “a just man.” And in Hebrew a just man means a good and faithful servant of God, someone who fulfills the divine will, or who is honorable and charitable toward his neighbor.
    – St. Josemaria Escriva

AED, Julia, josephite and 2 others like this.
  10. AED

AED Powers

I like this idea very much.