2-7 days to live

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by PurpleFlower, May 20, 2021.

1. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Powers

My FIL Jimmie has been told he's got 2-7 days left to live and is being sent home on hospice. We are so grateful he will die at home surrounded by family. He has his Immaculate Heart of Mary and Sacred Heart of Jesus pictures my husband brought to him yesterday and constantly asks to see them. He's like a little child and calls them his Sacred Hearts.

I ask for your prayers, that he and my MIL will be filled with grace, strength and courage to the very end (beginning).

And grace for my husband, who has taken on the role of spiritual support for his parents and brother. He cries on my shoulder, then goes to be their comfort.

2. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Guest

Praying.

When my father died in 1987, the family dynamics changed; I was 22 (and single), and unprepared.

Have no idea if this is the first "parent" death for you; thought I'd mention it, especially for how it might affect your husband once his mother is a widow.

cornhusker, Beth B, Julia and 4 others like this.
  3. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Powers

Yes, this is the first parent death and probably the only one for a while. My parents and my husband's mom are all in their 50s. My husband has one older brother who also lives close and they will be sharing responsibilities helping their mom transition to being alone. Jimmie's sisters also live a couple neighborhoods away from her and are close with her. We'll have her over weekly for dinner and make sure she sees our kids a lot so she won't be too lonely.

Beth B, Julia, HeavenlyHosts and 4 others like this.
  4. bflocatholic

bflocatholic Powers

Prayers going up.

Beth B, Julia, HeavenlyHosts and 5 others like this.
  5. TinNM

TinNM Guest

In my prayer intentions...

Beth B, PurpleFlower, Julia and 4 others like this.
  6. AED

AED Powers

Praying for Jimmie and the whole family.

Beth B, Sanctus, PurpleFlower and 3 others like this.
  7. ellen

ellen Ellen

Praying Divine Mercy Chaplet for Jimmie. right now!

Beth B, Sanctus, PurpleFlower and 3 others like this.
  8. josephite

josephite Powers

9. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

You have my prayers, also. So sorry.

Beth B, PurpleFlower and Julia like this.
  10. Te Deum

Te Deum Archangels

I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Such a difficult time for you to be a tower of strength when your probably hurting just as much. May the Lord carry you and give you strength ... God Bless

Beth B, AED, PurpleFlower and 2 others like this.
  11. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Prayer said for Jimmy and his family.

What a comfort it is to hear of a soul about to enter eternity with faith and the sure hope in meeting the Lord and Blessed Mother. Praise God.

HeavenlyHosts, Sam, Beth B and 2 others like this.
  12. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Powers

Thank you. My husband and I actually had a very good, long cry together this evening.

13. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

My prayers for all of you. He is blessed to have his family to aid him spiritually into eternal life. Not everyone has this and it is truly a gift.

HeavenlyHosts, AED and PurpleFlower like this.
  14. FatimaPilgrim

FatimaPilgrim Powers

Prayers going up for Jimmie and for our Lord to comfort you and your family with the knowledge that Jimmie and all of you are in His loving care

HeavenlyHosts and PurpleFlower like this.
  15. Donna259

Donna259 Powers

Praying PF....for Jimmie and the family

AED, HeavenlyHosts and PurpleFlower like this.
  16. Very, very sorry, PF! Praying for you all!

AED, HeavenlyHosts and PurpleFlower like this.
  17. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Powers

Thank you all for your prayers. Jimmie passed away around 11am this morning, surrounded by loving family gathered around his bed. We had just finished praying the rosary 20 min before, and I had whispered in his ear to give us a sign when Mary arrived to take him with her. (I've been praying specifically for Mary to come for him before he died, and I've never been more confident a prayer would be answered.) Since the previous night, he'd been completely unresponsive, just breathing shallowly with his eyes closed. About 2 minutes before he breathed his last, he gave a great gasp and I knew Mary had come for him! Cathy held him and told him we loved him and he could go, and he did, very peacefully.

After we knew he was gone, Cathy completely broke down sobbing and began to become hysterical, so I silently prayed, "Jimmie, comfort your wife." At that very moment, she took a deep breath and completely calmed down. It was so moving.

Such a beautiful and grace-filled experience, thanks in part to your prayers. :love:

Te Deum, Beth B, AED and 5 others like this.
  18. Beautiful. May he rest in peace!+++

Te Deum, Beth B, AED and 3 others like this.
  19. Booklady

Booklady La Dolorosa

May he rest in peace.

20. padraig

padraig Powers

Prayers tonight, bless you all.