1 Peter and the Times we live in

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by Mario, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Mario

Mario Powers

I have always had a great love for 1 Peter, but today it is more relevant than ever, for it instructs us concerning a period of persecution. The Lord has been speaking to my heart concerning these times and I've been listening to you all. In the last week I've been considering a personal path forward along with my beloved Geralyn. My immediate concern for the residents of the nursing home have shaped my immediate response, but certain imposed decisions are modifying our future responses.

Due to the recent horrifying damage from Ida, I will be unable to acquire the teachings, but when I do, it would be great for us to join together to walk through it. In the meantime let us pray sincerely how we are to move forward. The government is in an enforcement mode. The insane nature of Biden's position was evident when he imposes new mandates because " 1000 are dying every day" while simultaneously twice that number are daily being butchered in the silence of the womb.:cry::cry::cry::cry::mad::mad:

It is good to express our frustrations and fears, but each of us must fervently pray, asking the Two Hearts to guide us in our choices. The "days" are at hand!

Matthew 10:16 Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves.

Lord have Mercy on His children!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    Shae, miker and Jason Fernando like this.
  2. Mario

Mario Powers

Jo M likes this.
  3. miker

miker Powers

I Agree so much with confronting all of this with prayer and fasting. I’m trying with both.

I share the following not to “look and sound “ like a pious holier than thou person. But as a sign and maybe an idea for others. My wife and i pray each day the Morning Office before we start anything (other than my coffee which is needed to make me an ungrouchy hunan :) ). The Psalms, readings , petitions are very helpful. Today for example was this short reading…. I’ve felt am am such a weak person - struggling with this pandemic and vaccine decision. So this so relates to me.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 ©
    I shall be very happy to make my weaknesses my special boast so that the power of Christ may stay over me, and that is why I am quite content with my weaknesses, and with insults, hardships, persecutions, and the agonies I go through for Christ’s sake. For it is when I am weak that I am strong.

Shae, Clare A, Rose and 2 others like this.
  4. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Thank you for sharing, Mario and miker. None of us can think we are able to walk alone and overcome. We are overcomers because of His grace, freely given. But He wants us to ask.

Shae and miker like this.
  5. Mario

Mario Powers

I do too, but you two do it freely; I'm under the constraint of obedience!:D:coffee:

Shae, Clare A and Rose like this.
  6. Clare A

Clare A Archangels

I also have been trying to fit in the morning and evening office as well as the rosary. At present I’m saying the 54 day novena for the coming of the great Pope along with others on this forum.

As the times progress in evil I am more and more grateful for this forum.

7. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Powers

Thank you for being a part of the novena! I wonder how many of us are still praying it?

8. maryrose

maryrose Powers

I have also been praying 54 day Novena. I think I have just 3 days to go.

HeavenlyHosts, Shae, Clare A and 3 others like this.
  9. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Powers

Yes 3 more days! Thanks for praying with us!

10. Clare A

Clare A Archangels

I think Shae is also praying the novena.

11. Shae

Shae Archangels

Yes, I am Clare. Thanks for remembering me!;)

AED, HeavenlyHosts and Clare A like this.
  12. Shae

Shae Archangels

Me too Clare. I try to fit them all in, but sometimes it's hard to get them all in.

AED, HeavenlyHosts and Clare A like this.