Wow! Statue of Our Lady Turns Her Back on us!

Discussion in 'Spirit Daily and Spirit Digest' started by Carmel333, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Timothius722

Timothius722 Archangels

Andy...I too struggle with these questions...I hope God doesn't get angry at me but I have a few questions of my own. Why is there fire and torment and unspeakable horror for all eternity for those who reject God. Its like saying..."you love me or you will suffer for all eternity". Its as if "free will " is really a form of extortion. It is a threat to love... "or else"...therefore... by extention of this logic...God appears to be unjust in creating a creature that must love Him... or be tormented forever more.
    The solution in this quandary is to be found in the very person of Jesus Christ. He who loved freely and gave freely. Man is redeemed...but he hath avail himself of it.

2. Timothius722

Timothius722 Archangels

I am thus reminded of that Scripture verse of the pottery being critical of the pottery maker. God justly says He makes the pottery of His own liking. Scripture also relates that man judges as man but who could know the mind of God? Still yet...Jesus Christ is the answer to all our questions. He has Redeemed us...made us New Creatures. He has healed up our wounds and made us whole. God has answered us in great mercy...though the sacrifice of His Son. Jesus Christ has reconciled us to the Father...this is the Good News! To those who try to quantify the number of those saved...let me ask...can you quantify the Love, the Mercy, the Goodness of God. I dare say... Heaven is brimming with people or those waiting to arrive...and Hell took a third or less as in the time of judgement for the angels.

3. Bernadette

Bernadette Archangels

Andy if you get the chance to watch EWTN and Mother Angelica Classics she was talking about this very thing yesterday. I checked and it will be rebroadcast on 10-28 and 11-2. I can't remember the St. she quoted but she asked the very same questions and God told her it would be more painful for a soul that chooses hell to be in Heaven! It's beyond human understanding but God loves us so much he would never interfere with our free will to exist without him if that's what we want. I'll have to watch the rebroadcast and look up this St. It was a St Mary or Margaret of something and I'll pay more attention this time!

God Bless!

4. Mario

Mario Powers

At the Last Supper, Jesus offered the dipped bread of fellowship even to Judas. In that moment, his salvation hung in the balance. Judas chose the darkness and went out into the night.

God's Mercy is available to the end! And Mary will be at the foot of our crosses!

Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!

5. The 4 things we are and will be responsible for when we die are WILL,BODY,SOUL AND INTELLECT.

In the Hebrew language the word 'many' means everyone (universally). Those that answer the call, those that obey God's commands are few. The WHOLE WORLD is called. People like Noah, Abraham, Mary etc. truly put obedience of faith FIRST and became LOVE for LOVE's (God) sake. Like Christ did. That is why they became and were great and holy. They recognized their total nothingness in humility. We have this in us. We KNOW THIS. We cannot RECOGNIZE it unless we get on our knees and allow God to give us this grace to see it. Satan pumps us and our pride up to the point we don't even know how to get on our knees much less to know Him, love Him or serve Him!

Tonight at bible study we were talking about a rock that the facilitator put in front of us.
    That rock is what God desires it to be.
    GOD is the immovable 'mover'. He never changes. He is moving all the time. God is moving all the time through the Spirit of LOVE. (The Holy Spirit) Which He is.

We are called to be exactly like THAT ROCK. ---To be exactly what God intends us to be. We have to be the Obedience of Faith. That Obedience of Faith is to believe in the AUTHORITY which exists. When the authority speaks....I am obedient. (Matthew 16:25)

We ultimately have to be obedient to Christ. Through His Church (authority) on earth. If God is LOVE, then salvation comes from LOVE. Salvation is the LIFE of LOVE.

How does the Life of LOVE save us?

Jesus said, "I am the WAY (of Love) -which is humility and obedience.
    "I am the TRUTH (of Love)- which is the right correspondence of mind to THINGS. (detachment to things of this world, using things for their rightful purpose to serve God (like our car, our money etc.)
    "I am the LIFE (of Love)- THIS is what saves us. (Living the way and the truth = loving LOVE for LOVE'S sake. (Loving God for God's sake)

Can you see this?? :notworthy: When I did I thought I would die of JOY!! :love:

Andy3 likes this.
  6. padraig

padraig Powers

I always love the answer Jesus gave Blessed Julian of Norwich when she asked Him about hell,

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”
    Julian of Norwich

We just have to trust Him. He loves these poor damned souls and angels a billion times more than us, so we trust He will press the right buttons.

Personally I never find it too hard to believe in hell when I look at the sufferings some poor souls go through on Earth. I was watching lately a young atheist in work in his forties. He is a heavy metaller with long hair down his back and all the black gothic stuff. A very pleasant person, superbly well mannered and spoken. But ohhhhhh so sad, so very,very sad. Looking at him I find it so easy to believe in hell. Poor guy. Everythings a problem for him.

I on the other hand I wake up in the middle of the night and it feels like I am a baby held in God's arm, I wake up smiling and I go to sleep smiling. Faith is my all.

When sometimes the devil tempts me against faith I just say to him this. When I did not believe I was the most unhappy person in the worls. Now I believe I am the happiest. If it is all a fairy tale very well. But it has made me so happy. Your 'truth ' on the other hand made me suicidal with sadness...and ..what can he say? He shrugs his shoulders and walks away. For there is no answer to this. :D

7. padraig

padraig Powers

But I have my own theory about hell, the Last Judgement and what will happen. Don't ask me to prove it, I can't , it is just a little idea I came up with that keeps me happy.

Have you read about Black Holes in space? Well these are stars that have kinda collapsed in on themselves areas of super gravitational density that suck in other stars.

Well my theory is that at the End of Times God will say the word and hell will suck in on itself and become a black hole and all that is in it will become a Black Hole existing in a State of non existence. If you like like a video that has been freeze framed. Suffering in a State of non suffering if you like.

:D You probably think this is nuts. But it came to me in prayer and it keeps me happy.

Think, 'Freeze frame'.

[​IMG]

Andy3 likes this.
  8. padraig

padraig Powers

But you know there are also problems with heaven too, though we maybe don't often think of them.

For instance it is written , 'That every tears will be wiped away'.

Well, when my mother was dying of cancer we both discussed this and found it so incredible. we could not imagine a place where there is no suffering . It is just such a constant , like an aching tooth that to contemplate a place where there is no pain seems just too much. We both reckoned at the moment , taking things as they stand that at the end of life given the choice of heaven or just blinking out of existence at the end of life we would both much prefer to just blink out.

This sounds like a strange,sad thing to say but if you have had a lot of suffering through life and kind of lived a lot blinking out and ceasing to exist cans seem pretty cool far better than the blue skies and pretty meadows of heaven. At least it did to us.

But heaven too needs trust. God says He will set things straight up there so I really trust He will. That there really, really will be no more tears. It's impossible to imagine such an outcome in this valley of tears. But because of His great love we just have to take it on trust.

And I do. We both did. My mother knows now, she looked happy enough when she called back to see me and I look forward to carrying on our conversation in those golden fields up there when we will no longer guess, but know.:)

Andy3 likes this.
  9. What a wonderful grace to have seen your mother!

One time a healing priest from Australia was in town and I was having some spiritual direction and he pointed to a Statue of Our Lady of Fatima which had three small doves at her feet stiffly pointing their beaks upwards to gaze at her. Immovable as they were, I saw them as birds who were attentive to her every word. In awe. Waiting for any sign or acknowledgement from her and profoundly content to sit and wait.

Father pointed to one and said, "BE THAT DOVE".

Mario and Andy3 like this.
  10. SteveD

SteveD Guest

This happened on the day after the Papal 'entrustment' of the world to 'the Blessed Virgin Mary of Fatima'. Contrary to the general belief, the ceremony was not a consecration. The words 'consecrate' and 'consecration' were not used at any point. Our Lady's Immaculate Heart was not mentioned either in the ceremony.
    Perhaps this was a sign of Our Lady's displeasure that, once again, her request for a consecration and one of Russia specifically to Her Immaculate Heart has been ignored in every detail.

11. padraig

padraig Powers

How beautiful.:)

12. Fatima

Fatima Guest

I would contend that the prayers of the faithfull, especially the rosary, have been holding up the arms of Mary, lest God's justice falls upon us. Once there is not enough rosaries being prayed for the gross injustices of the world, even our Blessed Mother will no longer be able to hold the arm of God's justice from us.

Mac likes this.
  13. padraig

padraig Powers

'Order of the Missionaries of the Holy Spirit, led by a certain Bishop Clarisso Benito L. Alvarez Jr. D.D. OHMS'.

A group of ten people led by a 'Bishop' ??? Really? Even a , 'Bishop', with an alphabet behind his name and a . 'Diocese' of ten people?

A , 'Doctor of Divinity', indeed? The , 'OHMS' a handful of people?

" There never can have been, and never can be, and there never shall be any sin without pride."
    --St Augustine

http://www.philstar.com/cebu-news/2...ing-rumors-mandaue-miracle-not-true-residents
    [​IMG]

Mac likes this.
  14. SteveD

SteveD Guest

I'm not sure that this story/link relates to the statue referred to in the original story.

15. No, it does not. This is completely different. Possibly to take away focus from the other miracle??
    The article is A LOT of speculation and rumour. Just because it says there were 10 people of this order
    does not mean that is ALL there is. There was just 10 there apparently.

16. padraig

padraig Powers

Marti you should have been a Marine:) Ten of ten for loyalty.

17. LOL--:ROFLMAO: I live with an Infantry Airborne Ranger Padraig....been a military wife for 21 years and now a military mother. I just cut through the BS as I see it sir! :p

18. SteveD

SteveD Guest

Did your mother never go into a corner and weep to herself at what her children were doing?

mothersuperior7 likes this.
  19. Lily

Lily Angels

Have you ever read anything about Emma De Guzman?
    “ I saw Mama Mary cry. She was saying, “Why are they killing my babies? Make sure that you fall down on your knees and ask God to intervene in this Bill that they are passing in Congress.” Because she didn’t understand, Emma asked Fr. Dennis Paez, “Ano ba itong Bill? She was told this is the RH Bill (Reproductive Health Bill).

According to Emma, “ Mama Mary said, ‘This Bill will bring your country into darkness the way the other countries were deceived. Why then am I appearing in your country if you will just allow this Bill to pass because this Bill is against God’s law of life? You think this Bill is good for the sake of women, but it will destroy your souls.’ ”

Someone said, “Maybe we should march against this bill.” Emma said, “No, Mama Mary said to fall on our knees so God will intervene because we are fighting the power of darkness. We have to be at level of prayer.

She said we have to stand up and fight for our faith because the RH Bill is patterned from foreigners. We have to stand up so that they don’t do this to us.
    - See more at: http://intercession4souls.blogspot....hilippines-from-our.html#sthash.9xf4ShwJ.dpuf

The Lawmakers on Monday, December 17, 2012, approved legislation calling for government-funded contraception and sex education classes in the Philippines, a first in the heavily Catholic nation.

mothersuperior7 likes this.
  20. padraig

padraig Powers

My mother was never much of a one for crying, I'm afraid, Steve

One time my brother Cormac and his wife died together in a car accident when they both 26 together with their two year old daughter Shauna. It was the saddest thing you ever saw in your life ,especially when my sisters brought in the little white coffin into the Church. My mother never cried once, not when her mother died, or when another brother died of heart failure also at 26.

I asked her about this and she said she would love too but just couldn't. It was the way she brought up my grandfather would never let them so much as move, never mind talk in the house.:(

But even if she did weep I could never have imagined her turning her back. I find it hard to imagine any mother doing this.