Who here has had an apparition ?poll

Discussion in 'Marian Apparitions' started by Carmel333, Aug 13, 2014.

?

Have you had an Apparition of Mary or Jesus

1. Yes! Also He/She spoke to me

18.9%
  2. Yes, but no interaction

5.4%
  3. I think so but very brief and sometimes doubt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No but have had other supernatural events happen to me

48.6%
  5. No

27.0%
  1. Greggo

Greggo New Member

Remember

2. Greggo

Greggo New Member

Sorry, too quick on the draw...
    Remember BH the reading at last weeks mass...God speaks to us in "whispers". He is totally involved moment to moment in each of our lives. Arranging circumstances, people, and I believe invading dreams, for the purpose of conversing with his people, to encourage and direct us and to answer the questions that our spirits are asking. I think we need to be still, and listen carefully.

3. Mental Hygiene. I love that phrase. I must use that soon on my kids. Now I must go pound some sunshine into them. Ta-ta! :ROFLMAO::p

4. Jon

Jon Archangels

I didn't have much more than that to say. I don't mistrust your sincerity. And I think this site is blessed with most, or maybe all members being sincere in their faith, and each contributing according to their gifts, including yours.

My point comes from my own struggles with intellectualizing faith during my youth and relying on that reason and intellect too much (...in the head, but not making it all the way to the heart all the time...). So I tend to react with less patience these days when something seems clear to me, and time seems too short for B.S.

Jeanne, mothersuperior7 and kathy k like this.
  5. padraig

padraig Powers

I think mystical phenomena reminds me of my dogs. :)

I do a lot for them. I feed them , groom them, take them for walks, pet them, give them water, take them for vets and keep them company.

Sometimes though the dogs do little things to me which touch me. I might be walking and one will come up behind me and squeeze my hand gently with its teeth. These little unexpected touches of affection I find very touching. The other day they were playing and hit my hard behind my legs and knocked me on the grass laughing.

It would be so sad if it was all about me and nothing about the dogs doing things for me right back. It is a two way relationship between the three of us A relationship of love and trust.

But in these latter days I think people often focus on ourselves and what we do for God and not really believe can reach down from heaven with His teeth grab us by the scruff and give us a gentle shake. Sometimes in prayer for instance , like the dogs He has played with me in prayer and knocked me right over and off my feet causing me to fall to the ground.

I guess that is what the shared stories on this forum are all about. God like a great eagle flying down from heaven and grabbing our little hearts in His jewelled Talons and carrying us away for a little time and giving us a gentle loving shake.

Now as to the dogs, well when they grab my hand in their teeth and give it a gentle squeeze I could rationalise it to where I think it has to do with some smell on my hand , or when they playfully knocked me over the other day that it wasn't them wanting me to join in their play, that it was just an accident.

But in my heart I know it is just and act of love like the acts of love I sometimes find in prayer when I hear the swopping of His eagles wings coming down around me.

How sad not to see these things with the heart and to erase them with the mind into non existence.

[​IMG]

Exodus 19:4

Israel at Mount Sinai
    3Moses went up to God, and the LORD called to him from the mountain, saying, "Thus you shall say to the house of Jacob and tell the sons of Israel: 4You yourselves have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I bore you on eagles' wings, and brought you to Myself. 5'Now then, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be My own possession among all the peoples, for all the earth is Mine;…

RoryRory, Lifesong and Jon like this.
  6. Bonaventure

Bonaventure Guest

I worked maternity nursing for 25 years. Last night I had a dream I was taking care of a man who had a baby....he had a C/S and needed pain medicine. I walked him into the bathroom for the first time after surgery and ran the water to help him go the first time like I did all my mothers....I was totally not affected by the fact that a MAN had a baby. When I woke up I couldn't believe the dream and wondered if it meant that things are so crazy in this world we begin to get numb to things that go exactly against God and nature.....

RoryRory and mothersuperior7 like this.
  7. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus Archangels

Eh... you, Mother Teresa and The Blessed Virgin Mary - you really are in the 'try harder' class with only one mystical experience!!!!!:ROFLMAO:

8. padraig

padraig Powers

Our Lady saw the angel at the Incarnation.

She was given prophecy by Simeon and Anna.

She was visited by the three wise men.

She saw Jesus turn water into wine and numerous other miracles wrought by her son, including the raising of Lazarus.

She met the Ressurected Christ.

She saw the Holy Spirit fall as tongues of fire.

Who knows what else ?

As to what mystical experiences Mother Teresa had who knows. But I would say her going into the ghettos of Calcutta was the result of a profound mystical affirmation.

RoryRory likes this.
  9. Lifesong

Lifesong Angels

Yes it is so beautiful- and I lived near it for eighteen years before every visiting:) And now I am there once a week- a very special place! I still don't know what to make of my own experience except that the Lord was calling me. There is nothing special about me- I am just a wife, mother, and nurse struggling to keep afloat like everyone else. I certainly never sought that kind of interaction- I grew up a very practical Methodist though I have always had the sense that the veil is very thin at times between Heaven and Earth. The Lord speaks in whispers as He did to Elijah- the question is are we listening? Now that I am Catholic the Lord blows me away with His goodness and love everyday- just being at Mass everyday feels like I have arrived even though I am on this side of the veil. I feel like the paupers in the Gospel who were invited to the wedding feast when the rich guests had other things to do. I pray that there will be more of us separated brethren entering soon as the choices in society become more obvious. I kind of feel like that is my mission- to be a sign of Christian unity and joy to those who wonder from both sides of the divide why I am now Catholic.

RoryRory, FoundSoul, maryn and 3 others like this.
  10. padraig

padraig Powers

Im6 must reread this thread right through before going to sleep tonight.

Certainly one of the most wonderful threads we have ever had on the forum.

What a grace reading all this. Wonderful.

The Age of Wonders truly is not past.

Bonaventure and Joanne like this.
  11. I had an experience once where our Lord showed me this priest. I had been thinking of him while I was driving and really thought he had it easy and he was so blessed and comfortable...then in two seconds it seemed, I saw him on his knees with his shirt off flogging himself before his altar crying for his sins and before God for others. I was so stunned because I was like a fly on the wall and it was such an intimate moment between this priest and God and I felt incredibly intrusive to witness his private humility and sorrow. Jesus gave me an incredible joy afterwards to know this priest pleased him in the greatest way--silently and humbly. That joy lasted for weeks. I was not to tell anyone at the time and when I finally shared it, the joy faded like a cloud's mist. It was between me and God and this priest.

12. padraig

padraig Powers

I took a mad notion one time and drove my brother and nephew all the way to Mellary one night, it was I suppose 140 miles away. I was disappointed as he did not seem to see anything. He told me years later he saw something that changed his life, but would never tell me what it was.

Certainly I could feel Mary's presense very strongly there.

One thing I noticed was how many Robin Red Breasts there were... there seemed to be hundreds.

View attachment 2172

13. padraig

padraig Powers

St Tereasa of Avila said a true grace is well remembered, you remember these well Andy.:)

14. padraig

padraig Powers

oh well time for bed, I will read more in the morning, I look forward to it.

Anyone reading this please say a little prayer for me that I get a good nights sleep for a change.

Thanks so much.:)

Bonaventure likes this.
  15. Bonaventure

Bonaventure Guest

Do you know the beautiful story of why Our Lady of Czestochowa has a scar on her face? I just learned this recently (duh).....

16. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus Archangels

From reading "Mother Teresa: Come Be My Light: The Private Writings of the Saint of Calcutta" I understood that she only had one mystical visitation. The rest of her life was lived without any overt divine communication to affirm her endeavors.
    The only affirmation she got was when a priest in Rome was 'spoken to' by a picture of Jesus and told to tell Mother Teresa that she pleased Him very much - or words to that effect.
    The rest of Mother Teresa's life was a dark night of the soul - hoping and trusting - but never knowing.

Jeanne and Bonaventure like this.
  17. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus Archangels

Reading Benedict XVI today, his weekly address re. Angela of Foligno he said:
    "God has thousands of ways of his own for each one, to make himself present in the soul, to show that he exists and knows and loves us.

And Blessed Angela wishes to make us attentive to these signs with which the Lord touches our soul, attentive to God's presence, so as to learn the way with God and towards God, in communion with Christ Crucified.

Let us pray the Lord that he make us attentive to the signs of his presence and that he teach us truly to live."

My own 'experiences' were gestures of love - divine versions of a Valentine card.
    True there was no signature, but my address was on the 'envelope' - it was for me. I know He loves me.
    Maybe some of us need more affirmation than others - God knows that, and if it takes an occasional 'Valentine card' from God for us to be confident of that, then He will send one.
    Some people don't need that affirmation - no card necessary :love:, but don't be closed to the possibility of one turning up in the post someday!

Lifesong and Jeanne like this.
  18. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

This is the reality of being in Divine Will...Mother Teresa's life was mystical in and of itself. Everything she did was in line with Our Lord Jesus Christ. Did she make mistakes on the way...i am sure she did, but by living in the Divine Will so perfectly, every action was mystical. Mother Teresa, as well as all great saints are denied cosulations...because they are living consulations to the world. We are all called to be saints but few reach the level of mystical union with Our Lord Jesus Christ. Its a consulation that most of us cannot mentally, physically or spiritually handle. God chooses and knows who can handle that great cross. But if we look deep enough, we might see consulations all around us.

May Gods Will be Done

19. padraig

padraig Powers

I think it is easy to affirm that someone has had mystical experiences . We simply have to look at their writings to see that it is so.

On the other hand I think it is much more difficult to deny that someone has had a mystical experience. .The fact that they have not written about them does not mean they have not happened. For instance I could look at the writings of a great , say , the exstensive writings of a great French author and see no evidence at all he had ever been to Paris. But the fact he has never actually written about it does not mean he never visited.

Also we come back to the definition of what a mystical experience actually is. From Mother Teresa's writings and spirituality she appears to me to have the most profound mystical recognition of Christ in others . This it seems to me is a huge mystical grace. Not a lights , angles appearing celestial music kind of mystical experience but a mystical carving on the heart.

This is the difficultly in talking of the mystical , it is hard to pin down.

When the famous English Atheist Malcolm Muggeridge went to vist Mother Teresa in that old Hindhu Temple in Calcutta with a BBC film team the camera man told Malcolm it would be impossible to film as it was too dark. They went ahead and filmed anyway. The shots were bright as day and the camera man, who was an atheist said it was a miracle.

Malcolm converted some time after this.

View attachment 2173

kathy k likes this.
  20. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

Did not deny Mother Teresa had mystical experience stated her life was a mystical experience.

:)