What kind of Songs have made you cry?

Discussion in 'Music' started by sponsa Christi, Jun 22, 2019.

1. sponsa Christi

sponsa Christi Sponsa Christi Desire of Baptism to be Catholic

Please could you name some songs you love. Just not your favorite songs but those songs that had you tearing up.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  2. heyshepard

heyshepard Archangels

The bread of life song tends to tear me up along with wish you were here from Pink Floyd, Stewball from Peter Paul and Mary, Free Bird from Lenard Skynard and Leader of the band from Dan Folgalberg. Each one associated with the parting of a good friend or family member.

3. Indy

Indy Praying

4. Indy

Indy Praying

Susan Boyle is a wonderful person

Jo M likes this.
  5. Blizzard

Blizzard thy kingdom come

6. Indy

Indy Praying

This has brought a tear to my eyes, more than once

I don't know why, I have had thoughts of it playing at my funeral, morbid, but that's what I thought.

josephite, Jo M and sponsa Christi like this.
  7. Blizzard

Blizzard thy kingdom come

josephite and Jo M like this.
  8. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

The song, A Thousand Years, in the following video always makes me tear up now since I watched this video. Warning: please make sure you have a hankie available before you watch it.

The lovely lady in the video is a friend of mine, she and her husband originally eloped and then she was diagnosed with early stage cancer which prevented her from having children and then just when they were going to adopt a child, she was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and the adoption agency cancelled the adoption.

A charity funded Nancy and Jake's vow renewal featured in the video.:)

Nancy has since passed away, RIP beautiful lady.

josephite, padraig, Dolours and 5 others like this.
  9. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

:cry::love:
    Very emotional

Carol55 likes this.
  10. Andrew1

Andrew1 New Member

Basically anything these guys write, but this one in particular.

11. djmoforegon

djmoforegon Powers

Precious moments, Carol. Thank you.

Carol55 likes this.
  12. Dolours

Dolours Powers

I'm not much of a cryer, but when I was very young I got weepy whenever they played Scarlet Ribbons on the radio at Christmas time:

I was at Knock Basilica when the Bishops consecrated Ireland to the Immaculate Heart of Mary and got a lump in my throat when they sang Our Lady of Knock. Lots of versions by professional singers on youtube but I like this child's voice:

13. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I love “Scarlet Ribbons”
    Can’t get the Our Lady of Knock video to play

14. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Must be a regional thing that it won't play where you are. Here's wee Daniel singing it:

I'm thinking of asking for it to be sung at my funeral.

josephite and Sam like this.
  15. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I don’t blame you a bit for wanting it at your funeral. It’s a glorious hymn. Thanks for reposting.

16. O Quam Suavis Est - Pietro Allesandro Yon, sung by The Columbians, a male chorus of the Mater Dei Council, Knights of Columbus, Indianapolis, Indiana. I have it on a mass record. The mass begins with O Sanctissima. O Quam Suavis Est is sung during the offertory.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  17. sponsa Christi

sponsa Christi Sponsa Christi Desire of Baptism to be Catholic

I probably already posted but I found this other song.

18. KnightTemplar

KnightTemplar New Member

Haven't posted much in a while. Anyway, I always loved this song from the soundtrack of the Polish film, "Faustyna". It's basically repetition of "Misericordia" it's of course Latin for Mercy or Pity...then follows up with..."A mi". (In other words...Mercy on me) First time I heard it...it moved me.

Also, if you'd like to see the full movie with English subtitles go here:
    https://gloria.tv/like/4jjrSXJhHmoD4CuzguFhrX8QE

Sam likes this.
  19. padraig

padraig New Member