1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the "storm"?

Discussion in 'The mystical and Paranormal' started by a soul, Dec 17, 2016.

1. a soul

a soul New Member

Pardon me, but I don't get out much from my part of cyberspace...

I've seen the term 'storm' written sometimes in articles I come across. The term 'storm' is used in such a way that it is assumed that everyone knows what this means.

I am sincerely clueless on this subject. I don't know what it means. What is the 'storm'? Where does the term come from? Which chosen messengers promote this in their heavenly messages?

Thank you in advance for clearing up my ignorance. God bless!

2. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

The earliest I have seen it mentioned is by one worthy of belief. But it doesnt bode well for those who promote the term.

FALSE APOSTLES, under the appearance of honeyed words and false promises and tell lies soliciting my dear children to SAVE THEIR LIVES FROM THE STORM AND THE PERIL OF BLOOD http://motheofgod.com/threads/more-from-jahenny.8345/

BrianK likes this.
  3. FatimaPilgrim

FatimaPilgrim Powers

The storm is what is currently raging all around us worldwide. The earliest I have seen it mentioned is by one worthy of belief:

http://www.usccb.org/bible/matthew/14:22

And from Saints such as this one:
    http://www.marys-touch.com/Saints/bosco.htm

4. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

From Saint Anne Catherine Emmerich “The Church is completely isolated and as if completely deserted. It seems that everyone is running away. Everywhere I see great misery, hatred, treason, rancour, confusion, and an utter blindness. 0 city! 0 city! What is threatening thee? The storm is coming. Do be watchful!"

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    DivineMercy, DonnaS and Sanctus like this.
  5. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

I read Saint Bosco's prophecy and I wonder if that website has it wrong. The death of Pope John Paul I does not sound like it occurred that way at all. I also wonder if the 2 meetings with the bishops may be the past 2 synods, if that is the case, then could Pope Francis be the pope in this vision but it also states that a new pope would be elected almost immediately (I realize that there other prophecies which state that we will be without a pontiff for awhile. I, of course, am not certain of the timing of anything).
    If the sign of the WCWTS will really occur on 9/23/17 then it appears that the following prophecy should be considered and I have included Yves Dupont's analysis.
    From Saint Anne Catherine Emmerich "When the Church had been for the most part destroyed (by the secret sect), and when only the sanctuary and altar were still standing, I saw the wreckers (of the secret sect) enter the Church with the Beast. There, they met a Woman of noble carriage who seemed to be with child because she walked slowly. At this sight, the enemies were terrorized, and the Beast could not take but another step forward. It projected its neck towards the Woman as if to devour her, but the Woman turned about and bowed down (towards the Altar), her head touching the ground. Thereupon, I saw the Beast taking to flight towards the sea again, and the enemies were fleeing in the greatest of confusion. "
    “Then, I saw in the distance great legions approaching. In the foreground I saw a man on a white horse. Prisoners were set free and joined them. All the enemies were pursued. Then, I saw that the Church was being promptly rebuilt, and she was more magnificent than ever before."
    Comment [by Dupont] The description of the Beast of the sea and the Woman with Child is strikingly similar to that which is given in the Apocalypse. Yet, Sister Emmerick's confidant, whose truthfulness cannot be doubted, said that she had never read it. In this passage the Woman is the Church. She is about to give birth to ("elect") a Pope who will rule with a "rod of iron" (Apoc. 12: 5), and her travail will coincide with the last persecutions before peace is restored. The legions are those of Henry, the great Catholic prince. Many prophecies say that he will ride a white horse, and this may be taken quite literally, for by that time Europe will be in ruins and there will be nothing else for travelling.

Saint Emmerich also states that things aren't all rosy quite yet:
    "I saw a new Pope who will be very strict. He will estrange from him the cold and lukewarm bishops. He is not a Roman, but he is Italian. He comes from a place which is not very far from Rome, and I think he comes from a devout family of royal blood. But there must still be for a while much fighting and unrest.
    Comment [by Dupont] This is one of the countless prophecies announcing a strong Pope and one of the few adding that he will be of royal blood. But we shall see more of these. This Pope will make use of his God-given power, the mandate every Pope receives from Christ and which he has the duty to use unhesitatingly and resolutely.

I am just offering the above for thought.

DivineMercy and sparrow like this.
  6. Harper

Harper Archangels

Emmerich is not a saint, she was declared a "blessed." The beatification was on the basis of her personal sanctity and one miracle. The Vatican explicitly avoided any endorsement of her visions, written reports of which had been called into serious question; the man who wrote them down and published them is believed to have made many additions of his own. It is unlikely Emmerich's visions will ever receive church approval. St. John Paul II beatified her in October, 2004 (from EWTN and the Catholic Encyclopedia.)

7. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Yes, Blessed. Maybe I know something others haven't figured out yet. :ROFLMAO:

8. Harper

Harper Archangels

Or maybe not:) Emmerich's visions are uplifting, but they conflict in many ways with visions attributed to St. Bridget of Sweden, for one, and I think some other venerables.

9. Clare A

Clare A Principalities

The Storm here is a crisis of faith in the Church and also in the world, coinciding with the spread of evil and many people believe we are living in it now. The prophecies of Charlie Johnston strongly suggest this. Also the writings of Mark Mallet speak of a storm - he has a blog and has been writing for more than ten years.

People initially expected the Storm to involve a breakdown of society and the infrastructure itself - no light, heating and little food in the shops. Communities having to protect themselves. The 'preppers' are those who have been storing food and water in expectation of this. However the time frame for the Storm as Charlie J speaks of it has narrowed because Christmas 2017 is supposed to be a 'normal' one, post Storm.

I certainly believed in this prophecy but now I am not sure it is correct. Widespread panic hasn't happened - it might in the future, however.

10. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Please sight the prophecies of St. Bidget's to which you are referring are in conflict. It would help all here to discern. I only see Bl. Emmerich's as uplifting because she doesn't get into the specifics of the fighting and the unrest but she does mention them. Most of the messages that we have been given from the BVM state that her Immaculate Heart will triumph in the end, so they could all be considered uplifting in that respect.

11. Harper

Harper Archangels

I can cite this article: http://www.mysticsofthechurch.com/2015/09/why-do-visionaries-have-different.html

Easy to find on Google.

12. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

I meant specific to what I had posted. Thank you anyway, that is interesting, it explains why different visionaries may have different interpretations of the same thing. In particular, why Bl. Emmerich and Saint Bridget have differences about when the BVM died and how Jesus was nailed to the cross.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016