Welcome, Bernie

Discussion in 'Welcome to New Members' started by padraig, Sep 13, 2010.

1. padraig

padraig Powers

Welcome to the Forum, Bernie. I hope all goes well at the Pope's visit to Glascow. You are blessed getting to see Susan Boyle singing there. The Scots seem to be a lot more welcoming to his visit than the English... :)

2. Mario

Mario Powers

Greetings, Bernie! Do share any personal perspectives on the Pope's visit to your homeland. We'd love to hear from you.

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

3. bernie

bernie New Member

Hi Everyone,
    Thanks for the welcome..
    With the info we have about the Papal Visit to the UK, We received the following prayer and it also states
    "Encourage your people to pray that it will be a time of grace for the whole Catholic community...Assure them that the Pope constantly remembers them in his prayers and holds them in his heart."
    Prayer for the Papal Visit to the UK
    16th--19th September 2010......

God of truth and love,
    your Son, Jesus Christ, stands as the light
    to all who seek you with a sincere heart.
    As we strive with your grace
    to be faithful in word and deed,
    may we reflect the kindly light of Christ
    and offer a witness of hope and peace to all.
    We pray for Pope Benedict
    and look forward with joy
    to his forthcoming visit to our countries.
    May he be a witness to the unity and hope
    which is your will for all people.
    We make our prayer through Christ our Lord.
    Amen.
    -----

Our Lady, Mother of the Church--pray for us.
    St Andrew--pray for us.
    St George--pray for us
    St David--pray for us.

4. Kathleen

Kathleen New Member

Welcome to the forum Bernie! God bless you! Kath

5. MomsCalling

MomsCalling Principalities

Welcome Bernie!
    Pray Pray Pray!

6. Lee

Lee Principalities

Bernie, welcome to the forum, it's a blessing having you with us.

Lee

7. maryrose

maryrose Powers

Welcome Bernie,

I am looking forward to hearing more about the Popes visit to Scotland.

God Bless
    mary

8. bernie

bernie New Member

Thank You everyone,

By attending the Papal Mass in Glasgow was a beautiful and an uplifting experience for me. I felt privileged to have been there..The reverence and respect among the large crowd of 65,000 people during The Mass was a delight to witness..It was wonderful to witness this magnificent sight...Unforgetable..

9. padraig

padraig Powers

Well I am writing this from a hotel in the centre of Birmingham. I could not get a ticket to get into the Pope's mass because of the security, I am too late. But I am hoping to see him pass bye standing along the road a little later.

But I got to mass in Latin at Cardinal Henry's Oratory was beautiful and got to touch his relics. I met my Aunt Rosie who is dying, her heart is failing out of her ventricles has been completly destroyed and they say she has six weeks maybe to live.

She has such great faith her bedroom is filled with statues! I said I was praying for her and she shouted out three times at the top of her lungs, 'And you prayers will be hear, and your prays will be heard and your prayers will be heard"

Such faith!! But of course scripture promises us our prayersw will be heard so she is quite right . But I have a feeling she will be going home soon as her work is done, I just hope it is an easy passing as she is in great pain.

She is a grandmother and a great grandmother and so much wants to live..but man proposes and God disposes, she will be happy when she gets home to heaven.