1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

We need to focus on the things that Jesus saved us from.

Discussion in 'Positive Critique' started by padraig, Oct 16, 2017.

1. AED

AED Powers

Thank you for this post David. Good spiritual advice for us all. And prophetic. I told my husband last night “a greatreckoning is coming. Can’t you feel it?” But I don’t think heentirely gets it. He still sees things in a political dimension.

David Healy and Carol55 like this.
  2. AED

AED Powers

Yes. I think that many Catholics felt cut adrift and others simply fell in with the laxness and SJW mentality and gave up. I know I did. I was one who wandered because it all got so easy. I don’t blame the church. I had itching ears and a lot of rebellion.
    I do not eat meat on Friday. It is a small offering g but I really detest fish so it is a true penance I wish I could fast. I am waaaay too attached to food.

3. padraig

padraig New Member

It is amazing when you read the Faith Stories of most on the forum. It is a story of reverts. Of people who lost the Faith , or had it greatly weakened but returned to it. It is a story of conversion. In a sense we all of us drunk of the poisoned bread , found it did not satisfy and returned to the Faith. I think a big advantage for me was that I learnt the Faith in its fullness before I lost it, so it was a coming home for me. However for those who never learnt the Faith in the first place it would be far more problematical. They will wander long in waterless places and who knows where they will lend up and if they will ever return?

I had an interesting conversation with a Baptist Pastor a few years back who was Evangelizing in our Parish. I would say a very good Holy man , something on the Lines of Billy Graham. It turned out he had been a Catholic years ago. I was interested in this and asked him where he thought the Church was in Error? he focused at one on the , 'Fact', that Catholics, 'Worship' Our Blessed Lady. I told him that he had never left the Church because if he believed such things he had never really been a Catholic in the first place.

That is the main problem, many, many Catholics are not taught the Faith. They do not know what being a Catholic is. I think the main problem is spiritual however, that they are not taught to pray.

AED likes this.
  4. AED

AED Powers

Yes. I like you Padraig had been properly formed in the faith—a preVII child taught by nuns who wore the habit and lived a real religious life. What I can’t get over is how quickly so many orders and priests and laity went off the rails. My mother spent a lot of hours on her knees praying for me. I was blessed to have a prayer warrior mother and I had been consecrated to the Immaculate Heart as a young child. Between two “Mothers” working together on my behalf I made it back. But here I am now praying for husband and children and godchildren who have left the faith. And trusting the Blessed Mother to do the heavy lifting. But as you say the way back is so much harder now. How confusing the Church has become. (Not the Church as the Mystical Body but this strange current aberration).
    One of the strange things in this saga are friends who grew up as I did going to Catholic schools right through college and they simply don’t need or want a faith life. The world is so comfortable I guess. And perhaps they do /did not have the blessing of a prayer warrior mother. Who knows?

sterph likes this.