1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Trump Transition/Post-2016 election

Discussion in 'The Spirit of the USA' started by Harper, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Harper

Harper Guest

The original 2016 Presidential Election thread has moved on to a discussion of other things (Padraig on Charlie Johnston, European elections).

Another thread for transition news? From ABC News:

The Latest on the presidential recount efforts in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin (all times local):

11:30 p.m.

A federal judge in Detroit has called a hearing for 10:30 a.m. Wednesday to consider whether Michigan's presidential recount should continue after an unfavorable ruling by a state appeals court.

U.S District Judge Mark Goldsmith's order allowed the recount to begin Monday, but his decision dealt with the timing, not the merits of the count.

On Tuesday, a Michigan appeals court ordered the state's election board to reject Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein's petition for the recount, finding that she had no chance of emerging as the winner in the state.

Goldsmith's hearing on Wednesday could sort out whether the recount will be able to go forward or be halted.

Michigan is one of three states narrowly won by Donald Trump in which Stein has sought a recount.

———

7:40 p.m.

The Michigan appeals court says Green Party presidential candidate
    Jill Stein has no right to seek a recount in the state because of her fourth-place finish in the Nov. 8 election.

The court ordered the Michigan election board to reject her recount petition. It's unclear how this would affect the recount, which began on Monday.

The appeals court ruled in favor of Republican Donald Trump and the state attorney general, who argued that Stein is not an "aggrieved" candidate under Michigan law because she can't win the state with a recount.

Attorney General Bill Schuette says the recount now "must stop." But Stein's attorney, Mark Brewer, says the recount still isn't over. He pointed to a Monday decision by a federal judge who accelerated the process.

———

7:10 p.m.

A federal appeals court won't stop the recount of Michigan's presidential votes.

In a 2-1 decision Tuesday, the court upheld a decision by a Detroit federal judge who on Monday ordered the recount to start immediately instead of waiting until mid-week.

The recount was requested by Green Party candidate Jill Stein, who concedes she can't win Michigan but has concerns about accuracy. Republican Donald Trump narrowly defeated Democrat
    Hillary Clinton in Michigan. Attorneys for Trump argue that Stein has no right to a recount because she finished fourth.

The appeals court says it's not deciding the merits of the recount, only the timing and how it relates to voting rights under the U.S. Constitution. Separately, the recount is being opposed by the Trump campaign in Michigan state court.

———

5:50 p.m.

The Michigan appeals court has heard arguments on a request to stop the state's
    presidential election recount.

Lawyers for Republican Donald Trump and the state's Republican attorney general say Green Party candidate Jill Stein shouldn't have been allowed to request a recount because she finished so far back, with about 1 percent of the vote, that she couldn't win even if some votes were miscounted.

Trump narrowly defeated Democrat Hillary Clinton in Michigan and two other states where Stein requested recounts, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

Stein's attorney, Mark Brewer, argued Tuesday that she's "going to bat" for voters to ensure that their votes were properly counted.

Michigan's recount started Monday.

———

4:30 p.m.

A federal judge has ordered a hearing on the Green Party request for a presidential election recount in Pennsylvania.

U.S. District Judge Paul Diamond scheduled the hearing for Friday.

The Republican Party and Trump oppose a recount. They've warned that
    the case threatens Pennsylvania's ability to certify its election results before the Dec. 13 federal deadline.

Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein has spearheaded recount efforts in Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin. Trump narrowly defeated Democrat Hillary Clinton in all three states.

Stein's team hasn't produced evidence of hacking but has called Pennsylvania's election system "a national disgrace."

2. Harper

Harper Guest

Donald Trump is Time magazine's Person of the Year

US President-elect Donald Trump has been named Time magazine's Person of the Year for 2016.

The property tycoon was awarded the title following his unexpected victory over Hillary Clinton in November's presidential election.

Mr Trump told NBC's Today show shortly after the announcement it was a "great honour" which "meant a lot" to him.

He was chosen from a shortlist that included Mrs Clinton and Russian President Vladimir Putin.

The former leader of the UK Independence Party, Nigel Farage, was also on the list for his role in the successful campaign for Britain to leave the European Union.

Mrs Clinton came second in the selection, Time's managing editor Nancy Gibbs said, adding that the choice of Mr Trump was "straightforward".

Time said the president-elect had redrawn America's political rules.

The magazine invites readers to vote on who they think has earned the title, but the final decision is made by editors.

Others considered included gold-medal winning US gymnast Simone Biles, singer Beyonce Knowles and Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38238892

3. Harper

Harper Guest

Democrats have no good outcomes if they try to oppose Mattis for Defense Secretary

[​IMG] U.S. President-elect Donald Trump stands with retired Marine Gen. James Mattis following their meeting at the main clubhouse at Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, New Jersey, U.S., November 19, 2016. REUTERS/Mike Segar

If the Democrats choose to oppose the nomination of Gen. James Mattis for Defense Secretary, it's probably not going to go well for them — regardless of the final outcome.

The nomination of the retired Marine general has put Democrats in a bit of a pickle: Since he hasn't been out of uniform for the statutorily required seven years, he requires a waiver from Congress — giving Democrats an opening to oppose a Trump nominee.

But in the case of this nominee, he is more than qualified for the position, having served 44 years in the Marine Corps, where he last retired as the head of the military's Central Command in Tampa, Florida. Even Democratic Rep. Ruben Gallego of Arizona, a Marine veteran who said he would oppose a waiver, called Mattis "exceptionally qualified."

Where does the fight eventually lead?
    Democrats can try to hold up the nomination of Mattis and fight against a waiver. As Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand of New York has said, her position is based on maintaining civilian control of the military as a "fundamental principle of American democracy."

The principle is maintained by a 1947 law that requires a military officer to be off active duty for 10 years before leading the Department of Defense. It was amended to seven years in 2008. Mattis, having retired in 2013, would be just more three years shy of that limit if confirmed after Trump takes office.

Interestingly, this wouldn't even be an issue if Trump nominated another reported candidate, retired Army Gen. Jack Keane — an officer who retired in 2003. He said he declined Trump's offer of the position for family reasons. In the case of Keane, he would have easily had the votes from a Republican-controlled Congress, and a former military officer would be leading the department.

But some Democrats don't view Mattis as civilian enough — as if three more years of him serving as a scholar in residence at places like Dartmouth and Stanford or contributing on corporate boards has not given him enough experience outside of uniform.

Mattis' qualifications should not be questioned. If confirmed as Defense Secretary, his legendary status within the ranks would instantly boost morale. His time served at Central Command and Joint Forces Command give him the bona fides to be able to lead a large organization with many different services and civilian workers.

And he would serve as an important check on Trump — and his controversial national security adviser, Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn — on everything from torture to sending US forces into harm's way.

[​IMG] US Marine Corps

That's especially true since Mattis, now 66, has taken to the lecture circuit in recent years and has repeatedly stressed the importance of a commander in chief giving the military a clear political end state — a policy desperately needed when the US still remains in what have been dubbed "forever wars" in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"Secretary of Defense Mattis will never commit anyone into harm's way without the national interests at stake and a plan to win," Nate Fick, a former Marine captain who twice served under Mattis in Afghanistan and Iraq, told Business Insider. "I think that that’s welcome."

Option 1: Democrats oppose Mattis, and he secures the nomination anyway
    Let's just say Democrats decide to go nuclear against the Mattis appointment, and somehow he ends up as Defense Secretary anyway.

Republicans would have plenty of ammunition to criticize their counterparts, especially considering their opposition stems from an arbitrary standard of three years. Though Mattis has offered some colorful, and somewhat controversial, quotes over the years, his military service record is exemplary. His leadership ability isn't in question.

"I think he would be fantastic," Democratic Rep. Seth Moulton of Massachusetts, a former Marine officer who served under Mattis and is open to a waiver, told The Eagle-Tribune. "He has led one of the most significant commands of our nation. He is a deep thinker and a student of history. He has a library of something like 6,000 books. That’s precisely the kind of thoughtfulness and perspective we need in our secretary of defense."

[​IMG] Marine Corps Gen. James Mattis listens during his confirmation hearing July 27, 2010 on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC. Alex Wong/Getty Images

So at the end of the day, the only fight Democrats have against him is a 1947 law they know can easily be waived.

From there, they'd be starting off a new president's term having been beaten back from this opposition, when they would have been better served opposing some of Trump's more controversial picks, such as Ben Carson, his nominee to be Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, or Attorney General-designate Jeff Sessions.

Option 2: Democrats oppose Mattis, and Trump replaces him with a far worse pick
    Here's where Democrats really need to decide on what is important. Is it important to maintain a stringent view that Mattis cannot get a waiver? Because if that's the course of action, Trump's next step could be to nominate someone whom Democrats are guaranteed not to like.

Among the names floated during the nominating process were former Sen. Jim Talent, a Republican from Missouri, who served in the Senate for much of the Bush administration. He currently serves on the US-China Economic and Security Review Commission, a group created by Congress that examines the US-China relationship and prepares an annual report on its national-security implications.

Unlike Mattis — who has called the invasion of Iraq a "strategic mistake" — Talent is an Iraq War hawk. Though he wasn't in Congress for the 2002 vote to go to war, he said in 2006 that he still would have invaded Iraq even with the knowledge there were no weapons of mass destruction.

Another civilian name on the reported short list was that of Stephen Hadley, the former national security adviser to President George W. Bush. A controversial figure, Hadley was largely responsible for the false allegation that Iraq tried to buy uranium from Niger prior to the invasion, which made its way into President Bush's 2003 State of the Union speech. He later apologized.

Democrats shouldn't just roll over and play dead on a Mattis appointment. They and their Republican colleagues definitely need to ask some hard questions of Mattis' views on the detention facility at Guantanamo Bay, women in the military, and how he might counter geostrategic foes such as Iran, Russia, and North Korea.

But with former defense secretaries endorsing him for the job (Rumsfeld, Gates, and Panetta, among others), bipartisan support on Capitol Hill, and a large portion of the men and women in uniform rallying around him, Democrats would be wise to oppose Mattis on substantive issues — not the issue of whether his uniform has sat unworn in his closet for long enough.

"Considering the other picks that [Trump] has made, this would be the wrong target" for Democrats to oppose, Panetta said at a national security forum over the weekend.

"I believe that civilian control and civilian involvement in the Defense Department is an important principle, but I also don’t think a military background should be disqualifying," he later told a Washington Post reporter after his talk.

This is a column. The opinions and conclusions expressed above are those of the author.

http://www.businessinsider.com/democrats-mattis-defense-secretary-waiver-2016-12

4. Harper

Harper Guest

Trump announces Japanese telecom company will invest $50 billion and 50,000 jobs in the U.S.
    posted at 5:41 pm on December 6, 2016 by Allahpundit

Not only is this good news, notes Ben Shapiro, it comes without any strong-arming like we saw in the Carrier deal.

In the Carrier deal, Trump cudgeled Carrier into accepting a $7 million tax incentive in return for a $65 million operating loss by threatening Carrier’s parent company with the loss of billions of dollars in federal contracts. That’s crony capitalism. It’s special incentives given to one company, crammed down with the warning that the government will club them into oblivion if they don’t take the deal.

Not so with SoftBank.

According to CNBC.com, SoftBank CEO Masayoshi Son met with Trump at Trump Tower on Tuesday afternoon. Trump then announced that Son would invest $50 billion in the United States in order to create 50,000 jobs. Trump said on Twitter that “Masa said he would never do this had we (Trump) not won the election!” In October, media reported on SoftBank’s $100 billion investment fund set up with Saudi Arabia; CNBC reports that according to Dow Jones, the $50 billion will come from that fund. It was unclear whether the fund would have been slated to invest $50 billion in the United States without Trump’s election, but we have no evidence that Trump was fibbing.

Is it true, as Trump claims, that SoftBank wouldn’t have done this if Hillary had won the election? Quite possibly, yeah. SoftBank owns 80 percent of Sprint; they’ve been trying to acquire T-Mobile for years now. But they ran into trouble with the Obama administration on antitrust grounds, as reducing the number of major U.S. carriers from four to three (AT&T, Verizon, and the Sprint/T-Mobile hybrid) would have further hurt competition in the industry. Obama’s FCC and DOJ blocked the deal and SoftBank
    gave up on the merger in 2014. But the company’s interest didn’t fade and Son kept his eye on the election, knowing that a Republican victory would make for a very different antitrust environment. Trump delivered on November 8th so now Son’s delivering for him with a much bigger political win than the Carrier deal: 50,000 jobs and $50 billion in investments — if the Sprint/T-Mobile deal is approved, of course. I have a feeling that the Sprint/T-Mobile deal will be approved.

Given that the investment fund with Saudi Arabia already existed, though, it’s possible that the same offer would have been floated to President Hillary. Fifty thousand jobs is a nice headline for any incoming president, even one who neglected the Rust Belt. Son would have tried to sell her on the merger by encouraging her to forge her own political identity distinct from Obama’s by approving the deal. Hillary would have had to balance the benefit from that “50 and 50” incentive against the cost of her base howling at her that she’s caving to big business already by quashing an antitrust action that Obama’s DOJ opposed. It’s an interesting question whether she would have gone for it. Trump doesn’t have the same conflict among his own base, though, and deregulation was always on his and the GOP’s agenda, so this is an easy unconflicted win for him. Let’s just hope SoftBank keeps its promise.

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/12/...-invest-50-billion-and-50000-jobs-in-the-u-s/

5. Harper

Harper Guest

From the Washington Post. Some man dodged a bullet. “I can’t,” I told him. “I just can’t.”

Trump’s election stole my desire to look for a partner

By Stephanie Land December 5
    [​IMG]
    (Getty Images/iStockphoto)

In August, I went on six dates in one week. I had decided that I was ready to look for a partner. Enough of this dating unavailable men a half-decade younger than me. They’d never seriously consider a relationship with me, my two children and our needy dog. No. I wanted to find an equal. A man who wouldn’t feel the need to step in and rescue me. I didn’t need rescuing.

But I knew deep down that was only partially true. I often felt the sort of loneliness that settled in my stomach, starting from a chaotic afternoon with my children, lasting well into the night when I pulled covers tight around my chin.

I’ve been on my own with my kids for most of the past decade. I have no idea what a supportive partner would even look like in my house. I imagined it as some sort of potluck: We’d both bring the things we have to offer and place them on the table. My ability to multitask and keep everyone’s schedules on track would sit next to his ability to fix cars, cook or read books in silly voices. Then we’d feast.

Of the six first dates I had in August, two men seemed promising. One of them met me at a brewery. We chatted happily through two beers. Finally I was out of a job interview mode I’d fallen into while sitting across from strangers. I relaxed. I laughed. And it wasn’t the laugh I did just because. It was real.

We dated for a few weeks before he admitted he wasn’t ready for something serious. Two days later, the other of those good dates called me out of the blue. We talked for a while, and I asked him to dinner. Things were falling into place. A feast was laid out on the table, and it looked delicious.

But two weeks later, the election happened. Once it was clear that Donald Trump would be president instead of Hillary Clinton, I felt sick to my stomach. I wanted to gather my children in bed with me and cling to them like we would if thunder and lightning were raging outside, with winds high enough that they power might go out. The world felt that precarious to me.

[Why I love being alone for the holidays]

My oldest came out of her room the next morning to show me the money the Tooth Fairy had left her. She’d unexpectedly had to have a tooth pulled, and so bravely went through it that I said, “Just think: You’ll always remember the day you got a tooth pulled with the day we elected our first female president.”

When I told her Trump had won, she protested: “But Mom. You said Hillary was going to win.”

“A lot of people thought the same thing,” I said. I hugged her, a little scared to send her to school, out into the big sky country of the red state where we live.

Twenty minutes later, at a stoplight on the way to drop off my 2-year-old daughter at day care, steam started creeping out from under the hood of my car. Fortunately my mechanic’s shop was nearby.

My radiator was cracked in two places, right at the top. “I really wouldn’t feel comfortable with you driving it,” one of the mechanics said. Luckily a new radiator could easily be obtained and installed that day. I thanked them.

I didn’t start crying until I had crossed the street to walk home. We had a few miles to go, so I carried my daughter. I didn’t mind carrying her; I still had that urge to cling to her and keep her close. It was cold that morning, but the sun started to warm us enough to remove our hats. Halfway home, my tears stopped, and my despair grew to appreciation.

I have the means to fix our car. I, on my own, can support my family. I not only have the strength to keep it together mentally and emotionally but I also have the strength to carry my daughter home. I have the strength to carry all of us.

That urge to cling to my family while keeping our foundation strong didn’t mesh well with continuing to date the man I’d been seeing. He also has a daughter. He, too, had been feeling a lot of the same emotions I was experiencing: hopelessness; fear; uncertainty about the future; panic over having to talk to my 9-year-old about anything that might come up at school, or what to do in the instance of sexual assault. But I couldn’t reach out to him anymore. He was too new, too unfamiliar.

My focus had to be on my community of friends that are my family. I need to fiercely love the people close to me instead of learning to love someone new. To reach out to others could weaken the bonds that hold my family together.

“I can’t,” I told him. “I just can’t.”

I’ve lost the desire to attempt the courtship phase. The future is uncertain. I am not the optimistic person I was on the morning of Nov. 8, wearing a T-shirt with “Nasty Woman” written inside a red heart. It makes me want to cry thinking of that. Of seeing my oldest in the shirt I bought her in Washington, D.C., that says “Future President.”

There is no room for dating in this place of grief. Dating means hope. I’ve lost that hope in seeing the words “President-elect Trump.

6. CrewDog

CrewDog Guest

7. Harper

Harper Guest

Next up in Cabinet: Another blunt Marine...

Donald Trump picks Gen. John Kelly for Department of Homeland Security secretary

Donald Trump is tapping Gen. John Kelly to run the Department of Homeland Security, CBS News confirms.

The final request and acceptance, sources told CBS’ Major Garrett, occurred while Kelly was traveling in Europe. His pick for DHS secretary will be announced by the transition staff in the coming days.

[​IMG]
    Trump announces Mattis pick

Kelly is the third general tapped by the president-elect, joining Gen. James Mattis, Mr. Trump’s pick to become the next secretary of Defense, and Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, Mr. Trump’s incoming national security advisor.

Like Mattis, Kelly is a Marine with a reputation for bluntness.

Kelly was the commander of U.S. Southern Command until earlier this year. In that posting, he oversaw American military operations in South America and Central America.

Before that, he commanded American forces numerous times in Iraq, and spent a year as the top Marine in that country. He then was an aide to defense secretaries Leon Panetta and Robert Gates.

Created after the 9/11 attacks, the Department of Homeland Security now employs nearly 250,000 people. Trump pledged repeatedly to better secure America’s borders on the campaign trail, and it is likely that Kelly, should he take the position, will be central to that effort.

Unlike Flynn, Kelly did not endorse Mr. Trump during the campaign and indicated he would be open to serving in either a Republican or Democratic administration. He has also referred to domestic politics as a “cesspool” in an interview over the summer with Foreign Policy magazine.

Kelly, who served nearly 46 years in the Marine Corps, is the highest-ranking American military official to lose a child in combat since 9/11. His son, Marine Lt. Robert Michael Kelly, was killed in action in Afghanistan in 2010.

CBS News’ Major Garrett, Christopher Isham, Steve Chaggaris, and Arden Farhi contributed reporting to this story.

8. Harper

Harper Guest

No idea if this website The Gateway Pundit is completely reliable. Yet the story is plausible on its face:

Serious Voter Fraud in Detroit- VOTES COUNTED UP TO 6 TIMES
    Jim Hoft Dec 7th, 2016 9:23 am 283 Comments

More bad news for Democrats—
    Green Party candidate Jill Stein’s Michigan recount unintentionally exposed this major voting fraud scandal.

[​IMG]
    In Detroit, one of the chief ways they engage in voter fraud is to count the same ballot MULTIPLE times. This is just ONE way. They also do some shady stuff with absentee ballots etc.

Once they started the Michigan recount in earnest, and knowing he would be exposed, the Detroit City Clerk Daniel Baxter all of a sudden started claiming that the optical scanners which read the paper ballots did not work the day of the election. Baxter blamed the discrepancies on decade-old voting machines. That is his cover story. Nothing like this was mentioned until he realized their voting fraud scheme would be detected.

Baxter’s claim is that, when trying to push the ballots through the readers, the ballots would be stuck and they’d have to push them through again thus ‘ACCIDENTALLY’ resulting in a double count. He says the poll workers sometimes ‘FORGET’ to adjust the machine count and instead let the ballot count twice.

Of course, that’s COMPLETELY BULLSH*T.

** Over One-Third of Detroit Precincts Will Not Be Recounted Due to Ballot Discrepancies

And, it’s much worse than that.
    In one Detroit Precinct, a recount team was given a box of ballots with an unbroken seal where everything appeared proper and in place. The tag on the box said there were 306 ballots. The book said 306, and the ticket said 306, so that means there should be 306 paper ballots on the box. When they pulled out the ballots, there were exactly FIFTY paper ballots in a locked sealed box that again was supposed to have 306. The official canvasser approved count for this precinct was 306. For FIFTY ballots.

It looks like Detroit counts each vote more than SIX TIMES! No wonder they get such high turnout rates!

Ken Crider, who helped with the recount in Cobo Hall in Detroit, posted this on Facebook last night. Ken said a ballot box in Detroit had been tampered with — and that each vote was counted SIX TIMES!

Ken Crider
    17 hrs · Livonia, MI ·
    MUST READ! Penny Crider and I just got back from helping watch the recount at Cobo Hall in Detroit. On Nov. 8th (election day) the election officials at 8:00 pm shut down the polls. They then reconciled the differences from the machine count and the voter count on the computer. At this point a Metal tag/seal with a serial number is put on the box and the box was taken away.
    Penny’s precinct, Detroit Precinct #152 had an unbroken seal and everything looked proper. The tag on the box said 306 and the book said 306 and the ticket said 306, so there should be 306 paper ballots on the box, right. Well when they pulled out the ballots the stack seemed short and when they finished separating the two page ballot to count the Presidential page only guess how many ballots were in the box? 304 no, 299 nope, 200 nada, how about 100 wrong again. There were only exactly 50 paper ballots in a locked sealed box that again was supposed to have 306. HMMMM.
    Oh I forgot to add, since there was a discrepancy in the two numbers the original count stands
    One more thing my precinct (sorry I forgot the number), had 525 votes on the book, tag and ticket and we counted 525 ballots the election official was praising the Lord “Hallelujah we have a countable precinct” Jill Stein had three (3) votes.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...covers-massive-voter-fraud-detroit-precincts/

9. CrewDog

CrewDog Guest

I know that folks here, like me, are tired of all the USA Election/Politics but I must remind you that politics is part of Life and that we are in the MESS we are in because People of Faith did not participate &/or Vote in the political arena! Thus allowing the godless Left to run roughshod over us and our beliefs ... and facilitating the deaths of millions in the womb. I'm guessing that, sadly, we will look back on Election 2016 as a major precipitating event in The Storm of 2017!?
    The Washington Compost and New York Slimes are gleefully reporting that the CIA claims The Russians did poor Hillary in by leaking the Democrats e-mails (evidence of dirty dealing & WORSE) to WikiLeaks!! :mad: Just how many scapegoats does Billary need to excuse her poor election campaign? A campaign where all the "chips" and twice the $$$$ was on her side!

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/cia-assessment-putin-helped/2016/12/09/id/763218/

SO!?!? .......... they funneled the Slimy Democrats e-mails to WikiLeaks. Good for them and the USA. Now!! Let's talk ... NO!! Shout OUT-LOUD about Chink $$$$ flowing into Democrat coffers for the past 30 years ... and George Soros .... and millions of Illegals Voting ... and tens of thousands of dead people voting in every Democrat enclave .... and Voter Intimidation/Vote Fraud in those same S***Holes .... and ......
    It's all part of the Plan to discredit, destabilize and de-legitimatize Trump and His Deplorables ..... and it might just work!! :mad: This will give "ammo' to many Electors to not Vote Trump on 19 December. Obama-n-Democrats & Media, I'm sure, already have a campaign in place to laud rogue Electors as "Patriots" and even if Trump gets his 270 the stage will be set for "Patriot" BlackLives, Occupy, La Raza and Muslim Anarchist Rent-a-Mobs to disrupt Inauguration Day .. and beyond .. all funded by Soros-n-Ilk and covertly supported by Obama/DNC. Time is NOW more than ever to be Prayerful, Vigilant & PREPARED!!!

GOD SAVE THE REPUBLIC & ALL HERE!!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2016
    Carol55 likes this.
  10. djmoforegon

djmoforegon Archangels

I suggest we put her on an ice floe in the middle of the Bering Sea and help her to discover what real adversity is. Oh yes, I am not completely heartless so we shall also give her a Holy Bible and a blessed rosary for company :). Safe journey!

lynnfiat and little me like this.
  11. Harper

Harper Guest

The CEO of Exxon Mobil might be the next secretary of state... Trump keeps the ball in the air.

Report: We (might) have a Secretary of State pick and it’s not who you thought
    posted at 2:31 pm on December 10, 2016 by Jazz Shaw

If you were predicting this choice (assuming this is real, but more on that below) more than two weeks ago you should either be up for some sort of prestigious award in journalism or you really need to open up your own psychic detective agency. NBC News broke it initially but every other outlet seems to have bitten on the story. If this bears out, the Secretary of State nominee will be the CEO of Exxon Mobil. (The Hill)

President-elect Donald Trump has selected Exxon Mobil CEO Rex Tillerson as his nominee for secretary of State, NBC News reported Saturday.

Tillerson had reportedly jumped to the front of the pack of candidates in recent days, despite not being mentioned on shortlists as recently as last week.

Critics have already called into question Tillerson’s ties to Russian president Vladimir Putin.

Before we even get to Tillerson, his background and any hurdles he might face, let’s get the elephant in the room out of the way. Look, I’m not saying that Tillerson isn’t going to be the pick. Maybe he is and the “source” they are citing has it right. I’m just saying that Trump told us himself on many occasions when the media speculation food fights got out of hand that you’ll know the decision when he tells you. People in his circle have commented on the sometimes lengthy and twisted decision making process The Donald goes through. There may have been times when he finished talking through a decision with somebody and they came away with the honest opinion that he’d reached a decision and leaked it out. Then, later that night, Trump might be letting it marinate and arrive at a totally different call. Personally I’ll believe it when I hear it coming down from Trump Tower.

But for now, let’s say it’s Tillerson. Given our colleague Allahpundit’s long and, shall we say complicated relationship with one of the expected finalists, I should at least let him get in an early word here.

So with that out of the way, what if the story is true? I know there are complaints already percolating about the fact that he’s done business with Moscow in general and Putin in particular. Come on, man. This is Exxon. The guy has done business with everyone. By that logic none of the major CEOs are qualified for anything in government. (And yes, I realize there are plenty of Democrats who probably have that exact phrase tattooed on their bodies someplace.)

But should a CEO from that line of work be the nation’s top diplomat? At first glance I’d wonder about it myself. If you wanted to put him in charge of Energy, sure. If you wanted to put the CEO of Boeing in charge of Transportation, go for it. For Interior you might pick the CEO of, I don’t know… Dick’s Sporting Goods? But really, what is diplomacy but the ability to sit down with leaders and representatives of other nations, manage to not offend them unless they really deserve it and cut deals? Sounds like something that Tillerson has been doing for a long time. In the end it all comes down to personality, judgement and temperament, and frankly I know nothing about this guy’s traits in that department. He’s clearly impressed some of Trump’s inner circle already. Giuliani was talking about him as a serious contender even back when he seemed to think he’d be getting the job himself.

Seems like we could have done better with a more known quantity, but in the end the Secretary of State is the one who will have to take Trump’s message and vision forward to the rest of the world, frequently in person. It’s got to be somebody he’s comfortable with in that role. If this is actually the pick, then he must think Tillerson can handle the job. I’m just not seeing anything disqualifying here, even if he might not have been my first choice.

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/12/...ry-of-state-pick-and-its-not-who-you-thought/

12. Harper

Harper Guest

IS THIS RECOUNT SHAM FINALLY OVER?

Monday morning: RECOUNT OVER IN PENNSYLVANIA, FEDERAL JUDGE SCOLDS STEIN

A federal judge on Monday issued a stinging rejection of a Green Party-backed request to recount paper ballots in Pennsylvania's presidential election, won by Republican Donald Trump, and scan some counties' election systems for signs of hacking.

In his 31-page decision, U.S. District Judge Paul Diamond said there were at least six grounds that required him to reject the Green Party's lawsuit, which had been opposed by Trump, the Pennsylvania Republican Party and the Pennsylvania attorney general's office.

Suspicion of a hacked Pennsylvania election "borders on the irrational" while granting the Green Party's recount bid could "ensure that that no Pennsylvania vote counts" given Tuesday's federal deadline to certify the vote for the Electoral College, Diamond wrote.

"Most importantly, there is no credible evidence that any 'hack' occurred, and compelling evidence that Pennsylvania's voting system was not in any way compromised," Diamond wrote. He also said the lawsuit suffered from a lack of standing, potentially the lack of federal jurisdiction and an "unexplained, highly prejudicial" wait before filing last week's lawsuit.

The decision was the Green Party's latest roadblock in Pennsylvania after hitting numerous walls in county and state courts. Green Party-backed lawyers argue that it was possible that computer hackers changed the election outcome and that Pennsylvania's heavy use of paperless machines makes it a prime target. Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein also contended that Pennsylvania has erected unconstitutional barriers to voters seeking a recount.

It is part of a broader effort by Stein to recount votes in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Trump won all three states narrowly over Democrat Hillary Clinton, while Stein captured about 1 percent of the vote, or less, in all three states.

In Pennsylvania, Trump beat Clinton in Pennsylvania by about 44,000 votes out of 6 million cast.

https://www.apnews.com/322db08ce6eb...n=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

13. CrewDog

CrewDog Guest

Col West has got this right! There is still a #NeverTrump Conspiracy "Out-There" doing their best to "Steal" the election and/or cripple Trump before he takes Office. I don't think the "Coastie Elites" and Lefty Metro-Sexuals realize the "Powder Keg" they are lighting the fuse of .... or maybe they do!!??

"Let me make myself freaking clear: this is PERSONAL"
    http://www.allenbwest.com/allen/let-make-freaking-clear-personal

GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!
    Adoration_of_the_Shepherds_-_1689.jpg

14. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

15. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

Exclusive: Top U.S. spy agency has not embraced CIA assessment on Russia hacking - sources

The overseers of the U.S. intelligence community have not embraced a CIA assessment that Russian cyber attacks were aimed at helping Republican President-elect Donald Trump win the 2016 election, three American officials said on Monday.

While the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) does not dispute the CIA's analysis of Russian hacking operations, it has not endorsed their assessment because of a lack of conclusive evidence that Moscow intended to boost Trump over Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton, said the officials, who declined to be named.

The position of the ODNI, which oversees the 17 agency-strong U.S. intelligence community, could give Trump fresh ammunition to dispute the CIA assessment, which he rejected as "ridiculous" in weekend remarks, and press his assertion that no evidence implicates Russia in the cyber attacks.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-intelligence-idUSKBN14204E?il=0

16. CrewDog

CrewDog Guest

The
    The CIA and all the Federal Alphabet Agencies have always been politized to some degree but during the eight years of Billary and eight years of Obama they have been stuffed full of Lefty True Believers who have ruled by the politics and hiring practices of Political Correctness. Thus 40 years PC has driven out the not-True Believers and allowed the PC Left to reach ALL levels of the power structure. The Left thought it was going to be a Done-Deal with The Reign of PC Lord Obammy but that Left Vision is now in tatters with the ascension Trump and his Fly-Over Country Deplorables! .... and why the reaction of The Left and all their radical fringe cogs is disbelief, anger and violence. Have Ya cleaned the Cosmoline off all your "stuff" yet?

GOD SAVE THE REPUBLIC & ALL HERE!!

Bubba the Red Nosed Razorback.jpg

17. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

Yes, and of course all those stories re: Brennan's (CIA) own personal history! Like your cute "Rudolph Piggy"! Looks like not a care in the world...ha!

18. CrewDog

CrewDog Guest

That's Bubba the Red Nosed Razorback :LOL:
    Remember Gang!! It is the Christmas Season and we must do our best to enjoy it and project that Joy of the Season even if we don't feel joyful in the least! If you have children or have family/friends who are uneasy/fearful of the state of World affairs it is a must that you keep up their morale ... and yours too!!:)

GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!

IMG_5404.JPG

Patty, Dolours and Sam like this.
  19. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

Important:

A visit with Mark Taylor - The Best is Yet to Come 11-15-16

20. Harper

Harper Guest

Good news to come? From The Daily Caller late this afternoon:

EXCLUSIVE: FBI New York Field Office Told To Continue Clinton Foundation Probe

Officials at FBI headquarters instructed its New York field office to continue its corruption investigation into the Clinton Foundation following the election of Republican candidate Donald Trump, according to a former senior law enforcement official.

The instructions ordered agents to “go forward” with their ongoing inquiry into the Clinton Foundation which is focusing on issues of corruption and money laundering, according to the source.

“There were no instructions to shut it down, to discontinue or to stand down on the investigation, but to continue its work,” the former official told the Daily Caller News Foundation in an interview.

He said he received this information about a week ago and that the order originated from the bureau’s headquarters in Washington, D.C. well after the November 8 election. He did not know who at FBI Headquarters issued the order.

The same source broke the news to TheDCNF that the FBI was conducting a multi-city probe of the foundation in as many as five cities: New York, Little Rock, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles and Miami. The source did not know the status of the bureau’s work in the four other cities.

After the election, President-elect Donald Trump indicated that prosecuting rival Hillary Clinton or her foundation would not be a priority.

In an interview with the New York Times on November 21, he said, “I don’t want to hurt the Clintons, I really don’t.” But he didn’t rule out a continuing probe of the foundation, saying, “we’ll have people that do things,” on the foundation, which the Times wrote was, “perhaps a reference to the F.B.I. or Republicans who might continue to press for prosecutions in the email or foundation cases.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/12/14/e...tinue-clinton-foundation-probe/#ixzz4SreQPIMt