1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Trouble No More by Bob Dylan

Discussion in 'Music' started by DeGaulle, Nov 8, 2017.

1. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

Bob Dylan has just released a compilation of Gospel Music from the time of his conversion to Christianity back in 1979. It comes in two formats, a two-cd set and a deluxe set with 8cd's and a dvd. Being a longtime fan, I bought the latter.

The release, in both formats, contains some passionate and utterly sincere Christian music. Not one for the current fad of universalist ubermercy, Dylan sings in one song (Precious Angel) of the damned who "beg God to kill them and they won't be able to die". Not to everyone's taste, of course, Dylan never is, but like those with a preference for certain strong whiskeys this music should appeal mightily to those with musical tastes like myself. A counter-cultural release in this age of atheistic hedonism that I highly recommend.

Byron, padraig, AED and 3 others like this.
  2. padraig

padraig New Member

3. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

The introduction to a song called 'Solid Rock', if I recall correctly. Dylan usually says very little between songs in concert, but he was very vocal during this era. He started these Gospel concerts in November 1979, in San Francisco. During some of these inter-song tales, he told the homosexuals of San Francisco that they were all going to Hell if they didn't repent. They weren't impressed. Dylan doesn't seem to have changed his views. Sadly, a daughter of his (from his second marriage-he's certainly not Catholic!) recently had a same-sex 'marriage'. The 'wedding' was most notable by the absence of Dylan. I almost said 'the father of the bride', but note how confusing that would be in this unfortunate case.

4. Denise P

Denise P Principalities

Well he certainly is living proof that the times they are a changing!

DeGaulle likes this.
  5. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

He wrote a song on that theme, called 'Things Have Changed'.

Denise P likes this.