1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Travelling to Fatima 2017

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lumena, Dec 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Lumena

Lumena Principalities

I have been making plans to travel to Fatima, God willing, for the 13th October, 2017.

(Is anyone else from the MOG forum planning to travel there in 2017?)

I have booked accomodation for three nights there, around the dates of 13th October, but since doing that, I have also been contemplating trying to go there for several months, starting around May 13th 2017, and remaining there in Fatima for the months of May through October 13, as a time of prayer and penance.

To that end, I was wondering about long term accomodation in Fatima, and I wondered if anyone on this forum can reccommend any? It could be homestay type accomodation. Or a reasonably priced small apartment?

Any suggestions would be welcome.

2. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Our parish is organising a pilgrimage for early summer (I think in May) but I'm not going.

Never having been to Portugal, I'm afraid I can't help you with advice re accommodation, etc. I would caution you, however, to be very careful if booking self-catering accommodation. With groups from many parishes throughout Europe and further afield as well as individual pilgrims heading to Fatima next year, accommodation will be at a premium with a possible bonanza for the scammers. It's common enough in Europe for people to arrive at rented properties to discover that the person they paid for the rental wasn't the owner. This has happened even where the accommodation was booked through reputable websites.

I love the idea of being there from May to October. Please keep us posted on your progress because that's something I would like to do some time although I'm not sure I could cope with the Portuguese summer.

Lumena likes this.
  3. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

Sounds like a wonderful plan Lumena.
    Cant imagine a better place to visit in 2017.(y)(y)

Lumena likes this.