Times the Devil comes Knocking

Discussion in 'Spirit Daily and Spirit Digest' started by padraig, Nov 1, 2012.

1. padraig

padraig Powers

THere is a nice piece on the devil in Spirit Daily.

It talks about the devil hiding out these days and not showing his face too often because he does not want to stir up interest in the supernatural in a Faithless generation.
    So I thought I'd post on some occasions and places were the devil sometimes shows his hand.

1 At nightime, for some reason around three O'clock he can come calling.

2.. In dreams , he had a great power over our imagination and can use it in sleep as an artist uses a canvas.

2. Walking in darkness; he uses our imagination to stir up bogeymen sometimes. I was walking the dog round the Castle in the dark last night and saw him at this.

3. In our thoughts sometimes he really has a good go. If you 'listen', carefully to your thought stream carefully you cans sometimes hear him if you pay attention. His voice is kind of fierce, growly, deel disconected he urges towards depression and being negative . It cna really stand out sometimes especially if you are a very postive sunny kind of person.

4. In people indulging in drug, substance and alcohol abuse. These folks often open doors that should not be opened. Their angel guardains are rendered powerless and they can become vehicles for temporary or ongoing infestation. So the demons can actually physically and verbally attack you. Thats why I am always careful around folks in a , 'State' , demons can set them against you .

5. Evil or very bad people. Its strange but right out of the blue people can become very angry at you, very aggressivve. Folks you never even met before. Or again it can manifest like a 90 degree chill factor. You go into a strange shop. say and you feel the atmosphere charged. I know of several such places in the city I will not go back too.

6. Areas dedicated to evil. Some ancient sites have been used for human sacrifice ...and all kinds of mischief and wickedness. These old ones thought they were sacrificng to Gods when it was actually demons. I saw one such place way out in the woods were a demon still lingered even though hte site was active about two or three thuousand years ago.

7. Red light areas. Avoid red light areas They are full of demons. Darkness draws darkness as light draws light.

8. New age shops, bookstores. These poor people have opened doors they do not even knwo how to close. They are like kids playing with explosives.

9. Places and times of war. Devils love the shedding of human blood and hate. Wars are ideal for them . Rwanda and Bosnia and present day Syria are ideal examples. The devils go rampant and its clear that many soldiers become fully possessed.

10 Be wary of the all encompassing titale, 'Mentally ill',. Especially amongst the criminally mentally ill, its sometimes just a cover all tag for true evil and demonic presence.

11 Exercise a certain caution with strangers. There has never been so much evil in the world as there is today. Don't be blind sided by the fact they might be well dressed, professional, wel lspoken or whatever. Many people are walking the world at the minute under the full and complete power of Satan.

2. The negative thoughts really get me down. I used to tell my husband that when I vacuum the floor I can literally have an entire fight with him in my head and by the time I am done, I am fighting mad and ready to bite someone's head off. Lord help the person who walks in! I have to 'snap' out of it. I REALLY wanted to fast today. Told myself last night as I got in bed. Got out of bed this morning meaning to, and literally was outside of my body watching myself eat breakfast, lunch and dinner and two sweets , then its Halloween and I won't tell you how much candy I snuck and then went to McDonalds TWICE today (I NEVER go there!)with each of my kids taking them to and from stuff and had an ice cream cone for $1. Would someone just shoot me PLEASE! Satan get wayyyyy behind me, cause my butt will be so big I won't be able to see him!:censored::sick:(n)

RoryRory and Mario like this.
  3. bona fide

bona fide Angels

You know this is just a personal thought.
    After reading your post, when I was Googling: three o’ clock trying to search for tips about this “hour of the demon”, the automatic lettering of Google returned to me: “three o'clock hour of mercy”.
    A thought immediately struck me.
    Of course. he is the imitator of God!
    If 03 PM is the Hour of Mercy, the Hour of Prayer, what other he would choose to be "his" hour?
    Well, 03:AM of course. In the middle of the darkest nights!!!

:eek:

4. Mario

Mario Powers

Padraig,

One other time JoeJerk shows up is when we resolve to follow God's Will in our lives. As MS7 stated:

I REALLY wanted to fast today. :rolleyes:

Just this past week I initiated the application process for becoming a deacon in the Diocese of Syracuse. Suddenly, all these little roadblocks and difficulties have popped up. As long as I was prayerfully considering such a step- no problem. :unsure: But now that I took the first decisive step, JoeJerk gets busy. At first I became frustrated, but then Geralyn, my beautiful wife, concluded at the same time I did: JoeJerk!! :sneaky: Well, at least his methodology rarely changes: frustrate and discourage!:D

The funny thing is, this is just the beginning of a discernment process that holds no guarantee that God's will is for me to be a deacon! JoeJerk despises the fact that any of us would actually choose to pursue God's will! :)

The 10th chapter of Hebrews says this of Christ:

Then I said, 'Lo, I have come to do thy will, O God,' as it is written of me in the roll of the book."

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

Daniel, RoryRory and Mary's child like this.
  5. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

JoeJerk plays me like a fiddle sometimes with negative thoughts about my future. For whatever reason yesterday I was recognizing his voice...separating my thoughts from thoughts he was putting in my head. Yes Mario, he is at his worst when you make a mental declaration that you are really going to follow God's will.

In reading Passion of the Christ by Ann Catherine Emmerick, you understand better how the devil works. he tormented Judas to no end...first tempting him to betray Jesus for money...then after the betrayal sending thoughts into his head such as...look at what you have done, how can you live with yourself. He can literally send you into despair over something he has tempted you into doing! Thank goodness for God's grace. We really need to call upon God's grace now, as joejerk's time is short...he is a ferocious lion out there!

Daniel and Mary's child like this.
  6. Mary's child

Mary's child Guest

Mother Superior, you are human. :) and Friday is coming. When I go through periods when I find it hard to fast, i begin again. Such as having half day fasts. Then when I am ready I can go back to full day fasts. It can be easier this way :)

I tried to fast from the telly :oops:.. It was almost impossible. (n).. Well, I didn't manage it. :( Which shows I am not quite detached from this world. (n).. But, we will get there... eventually. :rolleyes:

jayneturner2012 likes this.
  7. If you suffer from being scrupulous in your faith and feel the worst type of wretch and sinner and that all you can see are you're sins , that is when Satan is on the prowl and feeds of your self loathing

RoryRory and Mary's child like this.
  8. padraig

padraig Powers

Wow! Terry you are going on to be a Deacon!
    How wonderful! Yes its true I think when we are planning to do some good he turns up.

I don't know if any of you have read the accounts of the start of the Legion of Mary? Well this was right back in Dublin in the 1920's and they started work in Red light distirct of DUblin and sure enough the devil showed up.. I think you can see this in all the lives of the saints , especailly at times when they are starting a great work.

A funny sad thing in the Monastery of Padre Pio the devil started coming and giving Padre Pio terrible beatings in the middle of the Night. The Superior of the Monastery get Padre Pio to arrange it with Our Lord that the attacks should be quiet as the other Friars were being kept awake at night!!

I though this was terrible! I mean that the devil should be made to keep quiet and not stop or that there wasn't a queque of his fellow religious voulnteering to keep him c:rolleyes: ompany.

I would say some demonic attack will always accompany apostolic work, it may not be blatant but it is always there. It's a given.

I forgot; the devil usually hangs out around death beds. Thats why we pray, 'Now and at the hour of our death'. This is especially a prayer for protection from the devil; but we modern Catholics forget this.

Even if the person is deeply unconcious or in a coma don't assume there isn't a struggle going on, its very deceptive.

[​IMG]

9. Mary's child

Mary's child Guest

Mario. I am going to especially keep you in my prayers. :) Good for you, I am delighted. God is going to need many deacons and catechists and simply those who love and are prepared to sit and talk with people and listen when the time of the warning comes. There are going to be a lot of broken people, who will need to be helped in their faith. Priests are going to be overworked, it has been said that they will be in the confessional 24/7 so deacons are going to be very much needed to help out with other things.

We also desperately need deacons and sacristans who live the prayer they are saying. Thank you Mario :). I know that you are just in the discerning process but hey, you are responding to what just might be a calling. :D

10. bflocatholic

bflocatholic Powers

Mario- get used to it!! I am in the formation process here in the Diocese of Buffalo and I have to say, the "road blocks" (which seemed to start only after deciding to apply) are many. Still, when one sets one's eyes on the prize (Christ), the roadblocks, which seem so overwhelming initially, turn out to be not so bad. I always tell myself that if it's God's will, then there is nothing to worry about!

I will keep you and Geralyn in my prayers... Please do the same for me and my wife. Who knows, maybe we'll all meet in person someday at a NY State Deacon Convocation or something!:LOL:

Daniel likes this.
  11. Mary's child

Mary's child Guest

Ahh, now I know what your name means; :) I will pray for you too Buffalo Catholic :D This is a great thing. (y)

12. padraig

padraig Powers

Wow two deacons. :)

13. Mary's child

Mary's child Guest

You know, I have had a yearning for the Franciscans for about two years now. It completely took me by surprise, it is a yearning from the inner depths of my gut rather than my mind. I knew nothing of the secular order etc, but the yearning was so strong that I thought I really have to look into this.

Anyway, I contacted them to 'go and see' and to discern if this is for me over a period of time. On my way to their Day of Recollection (apart from meeting once a month they have two big days for the whole fraternity in England twice a year) which thankfully turned out that it wasn't too far from me, I was feeling like a 'fraud' and wondering what on Earth I was doing walking to this place. Yet, I had this yearning so couldn't ignore.

Turned out the Day was lovely, I know in my heart this was 'the idiot downstairs' who was trying to sow doubt but it didn't work. It did however leave me full of doubt and feeling so unworthy, then when I arrived there, I found ordinary people just like me :). They made me feel very welcome. Even got a lift home with the organizers!!

It is funny, I didn't have these doubts at all until I acted on the yearning within.

I have found as an R.C.I.A catechist that some of the catechumens have serious doubts before entering into The Catholic Church, I realise that this is actually a very healthy thing. Sometimes the doubts come from ourselves and they actually mean that we are taking things very seriously rather than being indifferent or flippant about it. (y)

14. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

Wow also BlfoCatholic and Mario- so pleased. We need you. And Mary;s Child you are awesome.

15. Lee

Lee Principalities

Sorry, but this was hysterical! This is really intense brain activity...I understand completely. Maybe buy some running shoes?
    I'm just the opposite. This is the time that God talks to me. I have had some of my deepest revelations behind a sweeper or in the shower...negative ions maybe, who knows.

This forum has always needed a holy priest and now we will have not one but two holy deacons!
    We will keep you in prayer...it's an intense and long journey. God bless you and thank you.

Mary's child likes this.
  16. Mario

Mario Powers

Great idea. I believe that when we take our focus off ourselves and pray for someone else in similar circumstances, this proves very efficacious.

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

jayneturner2012 likes this.