1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Time to take action!

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Border collie, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Lumena

Lumena Angels

Happy Birthday from a fellow New Zealander and a longtime devotee of Our Lady of Akita. Keep warm in this terrible storm!

2. Joe Crozier

Joe Crozier Guest

Among my gifts today was a pamphlet on Our Lady of the Most Blessed Sacrament, whose feast day is May 13. I had never heard of this title before. From my pamphlet-

This is the title that St Peter Julian Eymard gave Our Lady to honour her for being the first and most perfect adorer of Jesus.

St John Damascus wrote in the 6th century " The Body of Christ in the Holy Eucharist is the very same body born of the Virgin Mary."

The early Church Fathers wrote that St John the beloved provided the Eucharist for Our Lady when he cared for her after the Ascension.

On May 13 1917 Our Lady appeared in Fatima. She asked the chikdren to pray " O Most Holy Trinity, I adore Thee! My God, my God, I love thee in the most Blessed Sacrament. "

In 1961 in Garabandal Our Lady said we should visit the Blessed Sacrament often. In 1965 she said that - contrary to her instruction - less and less importance (honor) was being given to the Eucharist. She linked this with the effect that many cardinals, bishops and priests were on the road to perdition and taking others with them.

Pope St John Paul II wrote in his Marian encyclical in 1988

"The piety of the Christian people has akways rightly sensed a profound link between devotion to the Blessed Virgin and worship of The Eucharist."

In 1994 he wrote " I would like to repeat my invitation to you to make adoration of the Blessed Sacrament a habitual practice in all Christian communities."

Today, the First Saturday, after confession, mass and Communion I sat at the back of the church in adoration of the Blessed Sacrament exposed. I drive to this Church for confession sometimes but had never paid any attention to a statue of Our Lady that faced the Sacred Heart on the opposite side of the church.

She supports the child Jesus in her left hand. The child has his left arm extended and his index finger pointing to the side in instruction. His countenance although that of a child is regal. (Any mother will know this look)

In His right hand He holds a chalice with the Eucharistic Host suspended above it. Mary's eyes are cast down to her left and her gaze is fixed fondly on her Child. Her right elbow is flexed and her index finger is pointed at heaven.

"Do whatever He tells you" comes to mind.

This of course is the statue of Our Lady of the most Blessed Sacrament and whose image appears on the pamphlet sent to me on my burthday, today. As I said, I had never heard of Her under this title before. What a blessing.

Elly and DeGaulle like this.
  3. Joe Crozier

Joe Crozier Guest

God bless you and take care of you too, Lumena.

Lumena likes this.
  4. padraig

padraig New Member

[​IMG]

Booklady and AnnaVK like this.
  5. Joe Crozier

Joe Crozier Guest

Yes - different in detail to mine but must be another version. Beautiful statue.

6. Joe Crozier

Joe Crozier Guest

Perhaps one of the actions we could take to invigorate our faith would be to learn something about a saint that we have not heard of or know little about. In my birthday letter intercessions were made on my behalf to three saints new to me: St Jane de Chantel, St Vincent Strambi and St Francis Solanus. I have a bit of reading to do. Once I learn something new about a saint invariably the opportunity comes up to say to someone - "Oh, I know who can help you with that particular need". As my brother used to say - "You gotta give it away to keep it." It's been a lovely birthday made all the better by my friends here on MOG. Many thanks.

PotatoSack and AnnaVK like this.
  7. Patty

Patty Angels

Happy Birthday Joe! My freshman year Latin teacher was named Sister de Chantel!

8. Joe Crozier

Joe Crozier Guest

Thanks Patty. Dominus vobiscum. And may St Jane pray for us.
    We had a new pizza open up in town last week. My spell correcter replaced Dominus with Dominos. The name of the Pizza franchise is Domino's. So if needs be, may a Pizza be with you too!

Patty likes this.
  9. Patty

Patty Angels

We have a Dominos Pizza in my area too over the river in Vermont. I will always chuckle when I drive by it now. Yes, I am a firm believer in the saints looking out and praying for us. Saying the Saint John Vianney novena this week.

Joe Crozier likes this.
  10. pat kane

pat kane New Member

What an awesome idea...

Booklady likes this.
  11. bflocatholic

bflocatholic Powers

Happy Birthday, Joe! :)

12. Joe Crozier

Joe Crozier Guest

Hi bflo,
    Because I live in New Zealand I get two birthdays. The 6th is gone here but still going in Scotland. So all my birthday wishes are twice blessed. Thank you for yours.

HeavenlyHosts and bflocatholic like this.
  13. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

Happy birthday Joe! I have heard the founder of Dominioes interviewed on EWTN. He has a good conversion story and very Catholic if I remember right.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  14. Joe Crozier

Joe Crozier Guest

Cheers Potato
    Now I have to eat more Pizza.

15. Florida Panther

Florida Panther Jesus through Mary

Happy Birthday Joe from the Sunshine State!

16. CathyG

CathyG Angels

Happy birthday, Joe. Thanks for sharing your wonderful gifts with us. I was inspired reading about them and felt your excitement. Yes, Tom Monaghan, the founder of Domino's is a super orthodox Catholic. He also once owned the Detroit Tigers baseball team and founded Ave Maria University in Florida. Not sure he owns Domino 's any longer so you curb your pizza intake!

17. Joe Crozier

Joe Crozier Guest

Hi Florida
    They think the end of the world has come here in Morrinsville New Zealand because we are forecast to go down to zero degrees for a day here!

It feels quite nice here to me being a Scot but I'd love to be in Florida. That's where my unbreakable rosaries were hand-made. I have just sent my St Michael rosaries made in Florida to my nephew who has been told he is shortly going to Iraq with the army.

You know I think the Americans are a wonderful people with huge kind hearts and bear hugs of welcome. And what a magnificent country.

As we approach the end of this era I hope and pray that God spares your magnificent and magnanimous people for the sake of your courageous and caring, enthusiastic and talented youth and for her loving, faithful and industrious, honest and responsible parents and grand parents.

I see that life can be very hard in the U S of A but there are heroes on every corner who face its challenges every day with fortitude and few complaints and much good humour.

And America is not short of good and holy men and women. She is not short of saints.

You are a royal priesthood, a nation set apart for the rise and fall of many but in the end you will rise and once again take the whole world in your arms as the whole world once again takes you in her arms. Then America and the world will realise that those arms are the arms of Jesus and Mary and They will never let her go.

In the Triumph of The Immaculate Heart, America will emerge from the Mantle of Mary and shine forth like the star she has always been, a guiding light to the world guided by The Light of the World.

May America always keep the Faith and may she always live through, with and in the Faith.

God bless America !

""Our hearts are restless until they rest in You."

(PS I don't know where all that came from - it just poured out as I picked up my phone)

18. Joe Crozier

Joe Crozier Guest

Thanks Cathy and good advice about the Pizza. What a truly special birthday I Have been given by so many people. God bless you all.

CathyG likes this.
  19. Joe Crozier

Joe Crozier Guest

I have just read about Tom Monaghan. What a superb Catholic. No wonder he has prospered. Thanks Cathy.

CathyG likes this.
  20. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

Happy birthday Joe from Nova Scotia