1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

This is what really bothers me

Discussion in 'Pope Francis' started by Dean, Jun 17, 2017.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

I get the stong impression this priest, Fr Linus Clovis may be very holy, even a saint. A very learned saint. He would make a superb Pope, I think. Anyway well worth listening too. So gentle, charitable and precise.

gracia, Katfalls and AED like this.
  2. padraig

padraig New Member

Prayer is the spring I go to go. I come back so refreshed. Bright eyed, bushy tailed and raring to go...:)

I do admit I have switched off the Rome stuff a lot. :)

gracia, Rose and AED like this.
  3. Mario

Mario Powers

Padraig,

Unfortunately, the nature of my training over the last 7 years does not allow me to switch off the Rome stuff.

I now find myself at the crossroads. One is the smooth street that leads to ordination as a deacon and consequently asks me to bide my time and stay under the line of fire. The other street is the rugged road of truth which requires me to speak forthrightly out of love for Christ and the brethren.

It is time to choose the second even if that forfeits the first. The word housetop(s) comes to mind.

Luke 12:3 3 Therefore whatever you have said in the dark shall be heard in the light, and what you have whispered in private rooms shall be proclaimed upon the housetops.

But as you say, Prayer is the spring I go to go. I come back so refreshed. Bright eyed, bushy tailed and raring to go...

And so: Acts 10:9 ...Peter went up on the housetop to pray.

It was the following line of Fr. Linus Clovis from post #33 that prods me forward:

Any dilution of the rigor of Christ's Gospel...reduces it...to a pharasaical righteousness [that] does great spiritual harm to souls.

:barefoot::unsure:(y) May I not look back. Be with me St. Therese.

Safe in Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!

Sts. Lawrence and Stephen, pray for us!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    sterph, Patty, SgCatholic and 4 others like this.
  4. Katfalls

Katfalls Archangels

Thank you for sharing this

gracia likes this.
  5. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

Just an observation.
    I often not only read articles, but read the comments below.

The past few days I have noticed a curious phenomenon both here on the forum and on other sites. There seems to be a rapidly rising frustration and increasing desire to do something. Right now. This has been frustrating for a long time, but it seems just the past few days there is an overabundance of comments that we must act right now.

I don't know what that means but I have just been noticing it more and more and it seems all of a sudden.

6. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Archangels

Mario
    Will pray for you and your wife
    I believe there are deacons in the remnant
    Just keep taking it one day at a time and see how it goes
    My son is going to a deacon ordination this Saturday at the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
    A man from our parish is being ordained to the diaconate
    The Lord sees your heart
    He will see you through this
    We are all having experiences which are calling us to a closer walk with the Lord
    It is truly a storm
    I find that I am in the storm being tossed to and fro and then things will quiet down for awhile
    Always I feel God's guidance
    You will know what to do
    Stay or go
    Think about that man called Deacon John
    He is an ordained Catholic deacon
    He has received messages
    Google Deacon John if you have never heard of him

gracia likes this.
  7. padraig

padraig New Member

My heart goes out to you Terry, really I have nothing at all to loose so I can very much please myself. Which I have and will continue to do.

Offering up mass this morning for you and yours.

I have found when out walking far that when I take the wrong road it is very, very hard indeed to turn back and take the right one. So you are so right to take the right one.

8. Pray4peace

Pray4peace Ave Maria

May God bless you Mario. As a deacon you will have many opportunities to reach the laity and impart our church's teachings upon many people that might not hear them otherwise.

We were parishioners at a fairly liberal parish for many years. One Ash Wednesday, one of our deacons had the opportunity to speak at an Ash service (is it still a homily if it isn't a Mass?). He gave a strong pro life message that our parish had never heard before from our priest to a packed, standing room only service. It was wonderful! Sadly, the deacon had to publicly apologize for his pro life message at Mass the following Sunday. Even though it was a sad turn of events for him to be treated that way, I'm sure that it was worth it for him because he may have touched and changed ONE heart that day that would've never otherwise heard that message at that parish.

I will pray for you and for your vocation. May God guide your footsteps and your decisions.

gracia and sterph like this.