1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Third Purification by Fire Is Coming

Discussion in 'The mystical and Paranormal' started by garabandal, Dec 5, 2017.

1. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

St. Justin Martyr says: "Now...we understand that a period of ONE THOUSAND YEARS is indicated in symbolic language." (St. Justin Martyr - Diologue with Trypho; The Triumph of God's Kingdom...Fr. Joseph Iannuzzi, pg. 85).
    The "thousand years" symbolically signifies a long period of time, AN ERA, and not necessarily a literal period of time.

Byron, AED and earthtoangels like this.
  2. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

Yes, getting to the substance rather than the pablum!

3. lynnfiat

Regarding the "intermediate coming" and "the Millennium", Fr. Albert Roux, (MMP) says, "This coming of Christ in the Spirit upon the earth for a significant period or 'age' has been taught in different degrees and expressions by the Church Fathers, among them Papias, Sr. Justin Martyr, St. Irenaeus, St. Hippolytus, Laciantius, St. Bernard of Clairvaux, St. Augustine, and others.
    Pope St. John Paul II also so often quoted that this millennium will be marked by a "new springtime in Christianity" and will be "intensely Eucharistic", that at its dawn will "make Christ the heart of the world.
    Do you perhaps see this happening in these times - or is this time yet to come that these holy Saints have spoken of? I for one will not doubt what they say - there will be a period of peace, an intermediate coming of Christ in the Spirit, before the end of time.

Julia and AED like this.
  4. Fatima

Fatima Powers

For me, it is not only about what has been thought and taught by the minds within the Church throughout her being, it is also about what the prophets, God's servants of today are unveiling. After all God has hidden many mysteries of Revelations until he allows them to be known. Luissa Piccaretta, Elizabeth Kindlemann, Francine Bériault, Father Gobbi to name a few that have been given by God to clearly teach what has been held from our understanding till now. Others I believe that also have been given charge by God to unveil the mysteries more clearly are Jennifer in her book Words From Jesus www.wordsfromjesus.com and Verne Dagenais book God Speaks Will You Listening www.godspeakswillyoulisten.org while there are others that merit study, these messengers bring sufficient clarity to what God has held until this generation.

Julia likes this.
  5. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Lynne,

I am not certain about all of the particulars but I do believe in what Our Lady of Fatima has told us, there will be a period of peace (era of peace) granted to the world for an unspecified length of time,

‘To prevent this, I shall come to ask for the consecration of Russia to My Immaculate Heart, and the Communion of Reparation on the First Saturdays. If My requests are heeded, Russia will be converted and there will be peace; if not, she will spread her errors throughout the world, causing wars and persecutions of the Church. The good will be martyred, the Holy Father will have much to suffer, various nations will be annihilated. In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph. The Holy Father will consecrate Russia to Me, and she will be converted, and a period of peace will be granted to the world. In Portugal, the dogma of the Faith will always be preserved, etc. Do not tell this to anybody. Francisco, yes, you may tell him http://www.fatima.org/essentials/facts/1917appar.asp

Saint Pope John Paul II used the term Millennium quite a bit in reference to the New Millennium or the 3rd Millennium, the period of time which we are currently in. The term "The Millennium" can be confusing so I actually think it is better to not use the term at all unless we specify which Millennium we are referring to but I stress this is my opinion.

Saint Pope John Paul II spoke of a "New Advent" and of a reawakening of the Church,

The aim of the Jubilee and of its preparation is to “recall and reawaken in us in a special way our awareness of the key truth of faith which Saint John expressed at the beginning of his Gospel: ‘The Word became flesh and dwelt among us[2]’[3]" . The whole celebration of the Millennium is meaningful only in the light of the mystery of the Incarnation and of its divine motivation and purpose, which are also explained to us by Saint John, when he says: “God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him may not die but may have eternal life”[4]. Emphasizing these truths, the Church strives to provide a framework of principles from which she will continue to draw out from her life “the new and the old”[5] in order to elicit the response of faith to the Father’s love and to his Incarnate Word, and to lead us all to eternal life. https://w2.vatican.va/content/john-...ents/hf_jp-ii_spe_19880416_usa-ad-limina.html

I believe that Saint Pope John Paul II wanted mankind to realize that we have all that we need. The problem is that mankind as a whole has either forgotten this fact or has never fully understood it.

HeavenlyHosts, Dolours and josephite like this.
  6. AED

AED Powers

I am especially impressed with Fr Wolfe. He has a way of clearly succinctly passionately yet charitably stating the truth. I have not read either Desmond birch or Colin Donovan but given Mr Donovan’s responsibilities at EWTN I would trust him. BTW don’t you wish you could Mother Angelica’s opinion of changing The Our Father?

HeavenlyHosts, Carol55 and Julia like this.
  7. AED

AED Powers

I would love to live to see it. What unimaginable joy.

8. josephite

josephite Powers

Carol you hit the nail on the head beautifully!

I believe that Saint Pope John Paul II wanted mankind to realize that we have all that we need. The problem is that mankind as a whole has either forgotten this fact or has never fully understood it.

Many good catholics it seems do not really understand the magnificence of Gods Love which can not be improved upon. God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him may not die but may have eternal life

St Augustine said 'While on earth our hearts are restless Lord and will not rest until they rest in you'!

Dolours found a beautiful testament of St Augustine which should be read by those who vaguely claim he is a champion of millennium.

"St. Augustine was for a time, as he himself testifies (City of God XX.7), a pronounced champion of millenarianism; but he places the millennium after the universal resurrection and regards it in a more spiritual light (Sermo, CCLIX). When, however, he accepted the doctrine of only one universal resurrection and a final judgment immediately following, he could no longer cling to the principal tenet of early chiliasm.

St. Augustine finally held to the conviction that there will be no millennium. The struggle between Christ and His saints on the one hand and the wicked world and Satan on the other, is waged in the Church on earth;

so the great Doctor describes it in his work De Civitate Dei. In the same book he gives us an allegorical explanation of Chapter 20 of the Apocalypse. The first resurrection, of which this chapter treats, he tells us, refers to the spiritual rebirth in baptism; the sabbath of one thousand years after the six thousand years of history is the whole of eternal life — or in other words, the number one thousand is intended to express perfection, and the last space of one thousand years must be understood as referring to the end of the world; at all events, the kingdom of Christ, of which the Apocalypse speaks, can only be applied to the Church (City of God XX.5-7)."

Byron, Carol55, AED and 2 others like this.
  9. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

From some close to JPII he was expecting things to begin to happen in the year 2000, the great act of Mercy.....obviously following his own inspirations. He saw this new millennium as a time of important change for the world.....for better or worse there would be an impact upon all. That is why he desired to prepare the Church for this moment by dedicating the 3 years prior to 2000 to each member of the Trinity. Again, the Church was derelict in its duty throughout the world. The people/faithful were to be prepared seriously but were not. As I understand, JPII considered, due to his grave illness, retiring, but in order to extend the time of Mercy, since his entire papacy was about Mercy....as in Faustina's messages....he volunteered himself to suffer in the papacy until the end in order to extend this time of Mercy. When he died in 2005 what began was Justice "kissing" Mercy until finally Justice would stand alone....after the Warning. JPII also wrestled with what was desired from the Church at Fatima. He knew what was coming as his speeches here and there spoke to....great cataclysms IF there aren't more of those, esp. within the Church, willing to sacrifice, esp. through giving their entire wills into the Immaculate Heart of Mary. She was what the world still needed for the Mercy to be complete. He knew that only a new hope through the younger generations could change things and so his appeal and love for the youth.

So, again, much within this time period is held in the free wills of humans to determine how God acts towards the world. That is why no one knows the time except for Him. And He continues His Mercy....up to a point. Meanwhile there is a matching going on for the martyrs, their blood, to balance the sins forced by the powers of evil which will complete the times. Now we have more martyrs worldwide and more to come. There is yet much to atone for....esp. for the Church which forces its own purification. And currently we have the exposure of evil, persons and systems, beginning which will grow to a huge earthly tribunal of justice for those involved. Mercy could have acted alone as in the Divine Will but now Justice will take place its purpose always being for a hopeful conclusion of Mercy for those being exposed to induce repentance.

And from the recent article that spoke to JPII's vision of the invasion of Islam into the West/Europe we also learned that he had ongoing communications with Mary! He knew personally of the invasions of Communism in the past 100 years but saw an even greater evil coming.

AED likes this.
  10. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Josephite, Thank you. I can't claim to fully understand St. Augustine's explanation of Revelation 20 but maybe eventually I will. :LOL:

Julia likes this.
  11. josephite

josephite Powers

I believe you will be edified by the discussion of the MOG in the thread 'the-immediate-future-of-the-catholic-church'

Letter to Catholics United for the Faith
    from Father John A. Hardon, S.J.

Dear Mr Likoudis,

This is a concise reply to your request for my evaluation of the "The Kingdom of the Divine Will" movement. What follows is a summary of the conclusions that I reached after reading a great deal of the writings of Luisa Piccarreta.

In my judgment, the underlying premises of Luisa's writings are not consistent with the magisterial teaching of the Roman Catholic Church. Thus she claims that all that we have to do is abandon our own will to the Divine Will, which can be found everywhere. There is an emphasis on complete passivity of the soul in Luisa's writings.

The result is a promotion of Quietism, which was condemned by the Church in the 17th century Luisa's writings openly promote the idea that she has received a new revelation. The faithful must accept this revelation to achieve the new way of holiness .

According to Luisa, once a person receives this abiliy of living in the Divine Will, the human will is, in effect is extinguished, and the person than acts in such a way that the action is purely divine. This basic error was taught in the early centuries of Christianity and became a cardinal principle of the absolute predestination of such founders of Protestantism as John Calvin.!!

So What is Quietism!

Quietism;
    Quietism is the doctrine which declares that mans perfection consists of an absorption of the soul into the Divine Essence and Will of God even during the present life. In this state the will remains passive while God acts within it. Quietism is thus generally speaking a sort of false or exaggerated mysticism, which under the guise of the loftiest spirituality contains erroneous notions which, if consistently followed, would prove fatal to morality. It is fostered by Pantheism and similar heresys, and it involves peculiar notions concerning the Divine cooperation in human acts.

Quietism designates the mystical element in the teaching of various sects which have sprung up within the Church, only to be cast out as heretical. In some of these the Quietistic teaching here has been the conspicuous error, in others it has been a mere corollary of more fundamental erroneous doctrine.

In the strictest acceptation of the term, Quietism, is the doctrine put forth and defended in the seventeenth century by Molinos and Petrucci. All varieties of Quietism insist with more or less emphasis on interior passivity as the essential condition of perfection; and all have been proscribed in very explicit terms by the Church.

The origin of these Quietistic tendencies is not hard to discover. However strongly the Pantheistic conception of the world may appeal to the philosophic minded, it cannot do away with the obvious data of experience. To say that the soul is part of the Divine being or an emanation from God enhances, the dignity of man; Hence the craving for deliverance and peace which can be obtained only by some sort of withdrawal from action and from dependence on external things and by a consequent immersion, in the Divine will and being.

These aberrations of Mysticism continued even after the preaching of Christianity had revealed to mankind the truth concerning God, the moral order, and human destiny. Gnosticism, especially the Antinomian School, looked for salvation in a sort of intuitive knowledge of the Divine They were condemned at the Synod of Side in Pamphilia (383) and at Ephesus (431). The Bogomili of the later Middle Ages were probably their lineal descendants.

Medieval Quietism is further represented in the vagaries of Hesychasm gives Among the errors of the Beguines and Beghards condemned by the Council of Vienne (1311-12) are the propositions: that man in the present life can attain Gods essence so as to become utterly "perfect" because it is God in them that wills and no longer them. Similar exaggerations on the part of the Fraticelli led to their condemnation by John XXII in 1317 (Denzinger-Bannwart, 484 sqq.).

The same pope in 1329 proscribed among the errors of Meister Eckhart the assertions that (prop. 10) we are totally transformed into God just as in the sacrament the bread is changed into the Body of Christ; In fact it is greater as it is perfect (14) since God wills in internal actions which are wrought by the Father abiding within us (Denzinger-Bannwart, 501, sqq).

In accord with their Pantheistic principles, the Brethren and Sisters of the Free Spirit (thirteenth to fifteenth century) held that they who have reached perfection. This is also substantially the teaching of the Illuminati (Alumbrados), a sect that disturbed Spain during the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries.

It was the Spaniards Michael de Molinos who developed Quietism in the strictest sense of the term. From his writings, especially from his "Dux spiritualis" (Rome, 1675), sixty-eight propositions were extracted and condemned by Innocent XI in 1687 (Denzinger-Bannwart, 1221 sqq.).

He who has thus committed himself entirely to God Will must not ask anything of God, (14-17). He who desires sensible devotion is seeking not God but himself; indeed every sensible effect experienced in the spiritual life is abominable. (18-20).

(5). In this inward way, the soul has not to think either of reward or of punishment, of heaven or hell, of death or eternity. It must not concern itself about its own state, or its progress in virtue; having resigned its will to God Will, it lets God Will act without any action of the soul itself (7-13).

The Above is the Heresy of Quietism!!

It has been Condemned by all Popes of the Holy Catholic Church.

The extremely similar teachings of Quietism to living in the Divine Will has me questioning my adherence to Lusia teachings, as its a bit too Scary for my liking!

Especially when we are obliged to change, our Catholic beliefs :eek: on many issues to follow this devotion!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::sick::sick::sick::sick::cry::cry::cry:

I think Father Hardon, like Father Young may be on to something of extreme importance.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    HeavenlyHosts, Seagrace and Dolours like this.
  12. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Josephite, Thank you.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  13. AED

AED Powers

Wow! Thanks for posting. I have absolute regard for Fr Hardon’s discernment.

Carol55 likes this.
  14. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

Received this "alert":

Carol55

Josephite, Thank you.
    =======================
    Josephite:

{One great contempory saint that I personally know, says that ‘quietism/those living in the divine will movement', means that part of our Holy Catholic church are now sleeping in a trance like stupor or are sitting slouchy on a couch awaiting God intervention without having to account for any required imput , while the rest of the church militant fight valiantly with their grief, prayer, action, suffering and fasting with Christ against the foes of Christianity

But I expect many devotees of quietism would fervently disagree with the sleeping or sitting analogy!}
    =================================================================

Who is the "saint" and what is the "divine will movement"?

15. lynnfiat

Luisa's writings have nothing to do with "quietism" and it only takes one to read the Words of Jesus to Luisa to understand this! Please read the writings and do not look for negative articles on the internet because you can find anything that your mind - and not your heart - desires to find. I will post what Steve Patton has written in defense of the writings on Divine Will. He also wrote many years ago a wonderful rebuttle of the false statements made by Fr. Hardon, but at the moment I cannot find it in my papers, but if God wants it posted, He will find it for me.

16. lynnfiat

In defense of the Divine Will "movement" (this is NOT a movement - it is LIFE): http://luisapiccarreta.co/?page_id=240

Also,
    Josephite, I have in my possession a note from Fr. John Hardon that fell out of a Passion book (written by Luisa) addressed to Sr. Marie St. John. Apparently, she had given him one of Luisa's Passion books, and I believe he did read it as he comments "Blessings" with a cross next to it. This Passion book was given to me when I lived near Mother Angelica's Shrine. I believe his note was written after he wrote what you have posted - which is all in error. He surely knows the Truth now!
    God bless you. Lynne
    If you would like to actually see the note I have, I may be able to scan it and post it here.

earthtoangels likes this.
  17. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

That I know....just attempting to get the uneducated on this question to clarify the misinformation they've accepted. Obviously there is no "movement". And there of course is no loss of free will since it constantly depends on free will to make the decision of desire. When people aren't educated they rely on defective imagination attempting to explain their misunderstandings with images rather reminiscent of the old classical Disney films!!

St. Faustina would be a better source for the explanation of how one can be united with Christ in the Divine Will since she was referred to as a "living host" in order to explain this new type of coming existence by humans with the Mystical Humanity of Christ in its fullness. You may as well say that Adam and Eve before their choice to live by their own limited, defective wills, lived in "quietism" rather than by and within the Divine Will....ha!

lynnfiat likes this.
  18. lynnfiat

I don't know for how long we are going to have to defend Luisa, but God has a plan! Earthtoangels, you are right to say that perhaps people should read St. Faustina's Diary - which for all you who do not know this - St. Faustina lived in the Divine Will, which just happens to be the writings of Luisa, and many others the names of which we have posted many, many times on this blog. To say that Luisa's writings are heretical is just ridiculous - especially now that Fr. Josephs Dissertation has been approved by Theologians of the Pontifical University in Rome - plus all the Theologians who are actually studying the writings and find nothing in them to be of concern. If you do not want to read all 36 Volumes, at least read Faustina's Diary, but PLEASE stop the negative posts. We have been here before on this blog time and time again.

Here is another defense by Steve - a review of his book: http://www.lifeofluisa.com/Pattonbook.htm

earthtoangels likes this.
  19. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

Sometimes, I suppose, when newer revelations arrive that manifest the true "unfathomable" Mercy and greatness of the love of God for His creation/children it takes a while to accept such a fuller description of His Will for us and all that He wishes to share with us as in those preternatural gifts. Since it is something never before fully written about until the fullness of Time for such revelations, it is hard for some to "risk" going beyond certain rigidly accepted ideas that have closed the door for any further action of the eternal intention of the Father for the promised renewal of this world and those prepared for it. A limited explanation, since it isn't a full one, might be when certain chosen ones are privileged to become an actual part of the Blessed Mother within the supernatural experience of her....or of Christ, as they see themselves in His Light....they do not wish to return to the defective world since nothing here can express such a newer understanding of that reality. That is why no artist can ever capture what is actually seen by such chosen ones when attempting to duplicate it for others without such experience. St. Paul had his own experiences of this other type of dimension, but still not what is yet intended for this world for the time that will come BEFORE the final end! And to think that the saints in heaven are even jealous of those privileged to live in this coming time of the Divine Will finally being fulfilled "on earth as it is in heaven". Even though they received wonderful gifts and they offered such sacrifice to even gain the "mystical marriage" with Christ, such lives were still effected by limited or defective wills or "egos" for such a promised time had not as yet arrived!

lynnfiat likes this.
  20. lynnfiat

Well said!