1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Things to think about (ASAP)

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by BrianK, Oct 15, 2016.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

The only people who will get through things well I suspect are the ones who help others. I love the people who store up bay supplies when they don't have a baby.

AED, Mary's child and gracia like this.
  2. gracia

gracia Angels

My husband often laughs at my dreams, but one I had was so real. Men were killing people with anything they could lay their hands on. It was like something out of a zombie movie, only they were insanely violent, not dead. I asked in this dream where one should go, and saw bare trees, like a forest, and heard a voice say "Go North". We are in the United States here; North would be Canada for us.

If men were to violently overthrow or rampage, being in the forest and off the main roads would be wise. I don't know why, but somehow, in my dream, I got the strong impression that the men attacking were Muslims.

Mary's child likes this.
  3. Harper

Harper Guest

Don't know if someone has mentioned this before, but as part of Brian's grocery list, I would add coarse salt. I go to an abbey where the monks are happy to do the old form of blessing in Latin, an exorcism blessing. I am just crazy enough to go outside to sprinkle blessed salt around the house when bad weather is forecast. Last time was when there was a tornado warning. The coarse salt takes longer to dissolve.

gracia, BrianK, djmoforegon and 3 others like this.
  4. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Archangels

I use blessed salt every day, outside and inside. I find it is necessary because I have Satanist neighbors.
    I am glad you mentioned the coarse variety.
    I have been obtaining the blessed salt online.
    I also have to say a home protection prayer every day which asks Jesus to disable the demons and send them to the foot of His Cross within 100 yards of us.
    That would not be part of a grocery list, though. But yes, keep hard copies of prayers in case internet is gone.
    Another thing I have been doing is saving my old eyeglasses. I have an unusual prescription because both of my eyes are different. Each time I go to the eye doctor, my Rx changes a little, but I can still use the older pairs.
    My husband buys reading glasses from Walmart and stocks up every so often.

gracia, Harper, AED and 1 other person like this.
  5. AED

AED Powers

Gracia. your dream sounds like what happened in Rwanda. Terrifying. But conditional if we pray. I hope all these terrible natural disasters have the US people back on their knees.

6. BrianK

BrianK Resident Kook, Crank, Curmudgeon - & Mod Staff Member

This is a good idea, so I've updated the list to include it. Thanks.

gracia likes this.
  7. Don_D

Don_D Powers

Just received a new crop of recruits for the farm from the US Post, all present and accounted for and in good spirits!

Chickens are one of the most amazing creatures. They are born with 3 days of un metabolized food inside of them. This is so that the broody hen can continue to sit on her hatch. Since most eggs hatch in 21 days it allows the baby chicks to nestle in under her safe and sound while it's brothers and sisters arrive, that is until the day arrives when she takes them out to begin foraging.

It also allows them to be sent via Post across the country. :)

I regret not having a broody hen to adopt them right now and show them the ropes but after this batch of recruits we will begin hatching our own. They say that chickens that are shown the ropes via their mother (or adopted mother in the chicken world) are heartier and healthier animals. But, we all have to start some place and some of us don't get these benefits in life and yet God loves, provides, and looks after us.

New recruits.jpg