1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

These are not your sisters and Brothers

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by sponsa Christi, Jan 9, 2017.

1. sponsa Christi

sponsa Christi Sponsa Christi Catholic with Baptism of desire

Post deleted at request of original poster..."Quis Ut Deus"

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  2. sponsa Christi

do you think I should take off the protestant video complication

3. CrewDog

CrewDog Guest

I find it VERY DISTURBING that there are Catholics that STILL TRASH our non- Catholic Christian BROTHERS & SISTERS. .... and Jews too! ... Perhaps I feel this way because I grew up in a not Catholic Womb called The Bible Belt. I grew up also in pre-Vatican II times too which is Good-n-Bad. ..... being a Military man I've been around the World a few times and around the block more times than I can count. I trusted Protestants-n-Jews with my life and they trusted me with theirs!
    Yes!! There are plenty of Protestants "Out-There" that have the same low-n-distorted view of Catholics as sC has of Protestants!! This BS has to stop. This may be The Year where all People of Faith find out, many to their dismay, that their survival may depend upon on one of those awful Protestants ... or awful Catholics ... or awful Jews!
    I will also bet, these past 50 years, that Evangelical Protestants have brought more people to Jesus than our scandal plagued, church & school closing Catholic Church! :( .... and one Big Fat reason why The Storm is coming to get ALL People of Faith on the same page ........... and you overly scrupulous Catholic Types!! Please have some consideration for your parish Priest/Deacons, Brothers-n-Sisters who you are driving crazy, your spouse that is being driven to drink and your children being "turned-off" from God!

GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2017
    Jeanne, Light and Mario like this.
  4. Mario

Mario Powers

sponsa Christi,

I am greatly saddened by the ignorance which some Protestants have of our Faith. That is exemplified by the preacher who puts a hammer to the statue of the Little Flower, but he actually thinks it is a idol. The people who write the John Chick tracts seem to go out of their way to distort Catholic teaching. May God have mercy on them. Either way, it will only be through the prayers of God's consecrated and the authentic witness of our lives that such attitudes can change. May Jesus grant us His courage and purity of heart to be such living examples. Crewdog is right; when the Warning comes, unity among Christians will not be far off!

Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived; God is not mocked, for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. 8 For he who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption; but he who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. 9 And let us not grow weary in well-doing, for in due season we shall reap, if we do not lose heart. 10 So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all men, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.

5. sponsa Christi

Yes we must pray for our non catholic friends Amen

josephite likes this.
  6. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Maybe we could cut SponsaChristi some slack. He/she is a convert (apparently a recent convert) from the Jehovah's Witness and might take a while to realise what the Church teaches about our separated brethren who are our brothers in Christ through Baptism.

I agree with you that we could learn much from the Evangelical Protestants for their zeal for Christ, especially their opposition to abortion. I was acquainted with some Southern Baptists and was very impressed by their enthusiasm when they spoke so unashamedly about their faith. We Catholics need to recapture some of that missionary spirit.

And yes, as the Catechism tells us, we need to love and respect all people of faith including Jews and Muslims.

7. sponsa Christi

yes I converted 4-4-2016 I mostly was protestant my life even though raised a Jehovah's witness. I have come a long way.

8. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Yes, you have come a long way. I suggest that you keep in touch with the priest or whoever in the Church has been helping you to learn about the Catholic faith. It's important to get a good grounding in the basics. Best for you to work on your own relationship with Jesus through prayer and the Sacraments and avoid those nasty websites.

josephite likes this.
  9. Clare A

Clare A Archangels

Welcome to the Catholic family, Sponsa Christi! Dolours is right, avoid the nasty websites and stick to those which will build you up and edify you. If you can get EWTN I would strongly recommend you do so, or watch it online. You will find it a great help and support.

10. CrewDog

CrewDog Guest

No one is happier than I that sC has joined the Church ... Welcome Aboard!! :)
    ... but ... my stance that this destructive-n-cannibalistic Christian Tribalism must STOP still stands!!

GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!

11. padraig

padraig New Member

It might be better if you removed it. Kinder and more forgiving.:);)

12. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Yes, it must stop. My guess is that Sponsa Christi's faith journey has some background in a type of confrontational evangelisation. It takes a while to grow out of that type of conditioning and shake it off. I gather from a post on another thread, that Sponsa C., while having "converted" last April, is still in the early stages of conversion because he/she mentioned having yet to be Confirmed. (I don't know what "converted" or "confirmed" means in this context and perhaps it isn't a matter for discussion here.) While the fervour of converts can put the rest of us to shame, it's asking too much for an overnight complete transformation to understanding what Catholics mean by evangelisation, i.e. living our lives as a witness to the Faith and countering falsehoods with reason and truth.

I share your distaste for trashing people merely because of their faith because it drags us down to the level of the likes of Jack Chick. At the same time, we aren't obliged to ignore or pretend that there aren't groups, or subgroups, in other religions who would destroy the Catholic Church by foul means as well as fair. Drawing attention to such groups isn't an attack on the religion or the majority of its adherents. When it comes to Christian Tribalism on this forum, "Traditional" Catholics tend to be the target more often than our separated brethren or our elder brothers and sisters in faith.