1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

There are days, well you know what I mean

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by Mark Dohle, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Mark Dohle

Mark Dohle Archangels

There are days, well you know what I mean

Continue to be patient; it will all be for your good.—Padre Pio

There are days when things go well and very smooth, I am in a good place and when a small bump comes up I glide through it. On those days, patience is not needed. I love it when everything goes my way, or my mood is such that even if events go sideways, I can just laugh it off.

Then there are days when everything bothers me. When I feel like if one more thing goes wrong, or if I am asked to do just one another favor, that I just might snap, it is then that I have to work hard on being patient.

I would like to say that I always succeed, but I don’t. I can pout, isolate, snap at others and sort of spiral a bit. Yet, there are periods of time when I don’t lose touch with myself and I can smile, even joke with others who are driving me crazy and get through it all right. It is my mood, after all, no need to spread it around.

Patience is good because the waters settle, the cloudy water becomes clear and there is peace. If I am patient this comes faster. If not, it will take longer for peace to return. I wanted to say ‘normalcy’ but I am not sure there is any real ‘normal’ in life that can be counted on with assurance.

Yet, “all things pass”, when I can keep that in mind, I can be patient. Patience, when practiced, does not feel patient, it is what keeps the mind and soul-centered on what is important and even essential.

2. josephite

josephite Powers

Mark Last year The Bishop of our diocese retired and we have a new Bishop.:)

I've wondered what has happened to our holy Bishop Emeritus, where does he now live etc. Last week I attended Mass at our little church situated in a remote village about 40 Km between two major towns. Both these towns are separate parishes with their own three large Catholic Churches in the towns. I used to belong to one of the parishes and as my children grew up we attended Mass and confession there, as we live closer to that town. We actually live on the road that joins these two towns.

However over the last 10 years I now have spent equal time attending Mass at either parish for a multitude of reasons which is a story in itself.

Back to the story about the little church in one of the little villages where I attend Sunday Mass regularly now. There are two tiny churches, one at Glenreagh a little village and one at Coramba another little village.

These churches were going to be made obsolete and I suppose sold. The priests at the time of this deliberation stated that if sufficient numbers of parishners attended these two churches for Sunday mass they would continue to celebrate Mass there; however we as a congregation are small in number and there is normally about three pews out of the ten small pews in the tiny churches that have no one in them, but still that was enough to keep them from being sold. So these two tiny churches St Paul's and St Therese's still open their little doors on alternate Sundays and a little band of faithful attend each Sunday.

This little band is really very strong voiced in the responses, we all congregate before Mass and say the rosary, we are privileged to have the sacrament of confession offered normally after Mass and the majority receive Jesus in Holy Communion kneeling and on the tongue. The priests are aware of our practices which are different on the whole, to the majority at the larger church practices in the two towns, our 4 little altar boys are very devout and are instructed to stand beside the priests and use a Paten as Holy communion is distributed.

On the 14th January I attended Mass and a sign at the front of the church said confession was available before mass!; so I took advantage of this as did most of those present. I walked into the confessional and the priest had his arm along the grated barrier, I could not see his face and his voice was unfamiliar, at the time of absolution, I noticed he was wearing a purple cap, still it did not dawn on me who he was.

After everyone had been to confession and he walked out we all saw that we [our little group of faithful] were privileged to have Our Bishop Emeritus say Mass. In fact some of our regular attendees were not there so we were even a smaller group, which made me feel a little bad that on this Sunday when we were so privileged, there were about 5 pews empty, but everyone must have felt the same for we all were so strong voiced and firm with our responses.

I felt so blessed, he gave the most beautiful homily and in confession he talked to me about the importance of patience saying that patience only comes through practice, there is no other way to receive this grace then by practicing it much like what you have stated.

Sorry for the long winded story.:rolleyes:

CathyG, Mark Dohle, Dolours and 3 others like this.
  3. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Josephite, It sounds like you are very blessed. Thank you for sharing this beautiful story.

josephite likes this.
  4. Mark Dohle

Mark Dohle Archangels

Sounds like a beatiful group to worship with. That was great about being able to see your retired bishop again........some of those who come to our church like to kneel for communion, which is fine for us. All Catholics should be able to recieve the way that they want. I am happy for you.

Peace
    mark

Carol55 likes this.