1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.

The Two Patricks

Discussion in 'The mystical and Paranormal' started by garabandal, Jan 7, 2010.

1. garabandal

garabandal Powers

I received a reply today from the Two Patrick's whom I emailed just before Christmas as one of their
    messages claimed that Pope Benedict is a 'deceiver' sitting on the chair of Peter.

I include my e-mail and their reply through a 'servant' Aine

Dear Patrick and Patrick,

I was browsing your website and reading the messages
    of 2005 and was shocked to see that you claimed
    that after the death of John Paul II that a deceiver would
    sit on the see of Peter. This is a false claim as Bendedict is
    a legitimate Pope. In fact if you were aware of the prophecies
    of St Malachy then you would be aware that he had listed
    two Popes after John Paul II. The first of these would
    be the glory of the Olive' [the Benedictines' symbol
    is that of the Olive] hence St Malachy got that one right.
    And there is to be a last Pope before the end times that
    is Peter the Great.

Jesus also said that 'the gates of Hell would never prevail
    over his Church' and he built the church on the rock of Peter.
    'You are Peter and on that rock I will build my Church'.
    So if Jesus, as you claim is giving you a message that a deceiver
    is now the Pope then either Jesus has contradicted himself [impossible]
    or it is not Jesus giving you the messages but fallen angels/demons.

Yours sincerely in Christ,

Bobby

Dear Bobby
    Thank you for your email.
    Sorry for the delay in replying.
    Jesus has said in the Messages to wait and see so that is what we are doing.
    It is a difficult Message to accept but we trust completely in Jesus and if we are wrong we will have to answer to Him.
    I have pasted a relevant Message below (but I am aware you may have read this on the website also)
    If you wish to hear the Patrick's speak live we have a weekend of Prayer here in Cookstown on Saturday 16 and Sunday 17 of January 2010. There may be an opportunity for questions also.
    Yours in the Love of Jesus and Mary
    Aine (servant of the House)

Friday 13 May 2005
    Patrick:
    Jesus, everyone seems to be against us. As You have seen, we have received quite a lot of mail complaining about what we are receiving from You. The doubts are crashing in against us that we have got it wrong. I say again, Jesus, show us the Truth. We do not want to mislead your people.
    Jesus:
    My children, I will speak to you of the times that you now live in. I am, Jesus, your Lord, God and Saviour. I have not led you astray thus far, why would I turn against the Words that I have already spoken to you? I have Warned you of the times that you now live in. I have Warned you: the one who was to come would be the deceiver. I Warned you that he would be known as a man of peace. I Warned you that if you did not follow in My Footsteps, My Ways, that you, too, would be deceived and swept away by his untruth, his deceit.
    Who do you think it was that overthrew My servant, John Paul II? Who do you think it was that spread the lies and untruth within My Church? Who do you think it was that allowed the so-called doctors and scholars of the Church to break down My Scriptures? Who you think it was that has brought the rebellion to bear?
    Look at the signs of the times, the times that you now live in.
    Let he who has eyes understand; let he who has lips announce to this world a Message of repentance of sin for I, your God, am at hand and I Come soon to sort the wheat from the darnel. Let no doubt turn you away from Me but march forward into this battle with your shields held high. Know that I am the Truth and I have told you that this day would come. The ones that would follow Me will become the downtrodden; the persecution is upon you, My children. Now is the time for those who are fainthearted to flee and scurry away from Me; those who are but lukewarm, to desert.
    My sons, I will speak to you. I have spoken in Truth. I have never led you astray. The Words that I speak are the Words of My Heart; I cannot utter a lie for I am the Truth. I am Jesus, Son of the Living God, and the time that is left to mankind is limited. Man has become blind, full of self importance; proud, and lusts for the material wealth of this world and can no longer read the signs of the times.
    Walk on, My sons, walk on into battle and do not worry of those that are left behind but know that I am with you. I have told you of these times, I have told you that one day you would stand alone against the antichrist: that time is close now. They shall excommunicate you and cast you down but I say, stay strong in the knowledge of My Love. Within a time this world will start to doubt the one who has claimed the Throne of My Peter. Within a time the world will become confused again for they shall begin to realise their wrongdoing; they shall begin to realise that they have been deceived but it shall be too late.
    Repent of the ways of this world and know that I am with you. Only seek the Truth of My Love, My Forgiveness, and My Gentleness. Truth I have spoken, Truth I have revealed, Truth I will speak. Soon, now, a Seal shall be broken and this earth shall convulse and many shall fall from their places of power. I Love you.
    Patrick:
    Jesus, You said in the Messages that he would take a new name to begin a new dynasty.
    Jesus:
    Be patient the time is coming when all will be revealed and My Messages shall be understood. The dynasty of false peace and unification will come upon this world and then you shall understand the meaning of these Words.
    Patrick:
    I would just like to say, we have had priests complaining to us over the last couple of weeks and saying that they would report us to the bishop for what we are saying. We have had visionaries complaining and saying that we have got it wrong, that we have misinterpreted the Messages. That it is not this pope but the next one. We have had people from all over the world complaining that we are wrong.
    But, we, the two Patricks, tell you, that you do not have to believe in what we say. You do not have to believe in the Messages that Jesus speaks through us. You will not go to hell because you do not believe in the two Patricks. For, yes, it is possible that we have got it wrong for we are two men, two sinners, we are not infallible and do not proclaim to be infallible. We are simply Messengers who love our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God and who died on Calvary for our sins. If you do not believe in the Words that we deliver to you, burn them and forget you ever heard tell of us. For, it says nowhere in the teachings of the Holy Mother Church, that you must believe in Messages, Prophesies.
    What we would say to you is, spend time in prayer asking Jesus to reveal the Truth to you of the times we now live in. Read the Holy Scriptures for all prophecy has already been spoken; all Warnings have already been given within the Holy Scriptures. If the truth be told, if we were all reading the Scripture, Jesus would have no need to give Messages. He would have had no need to send His Mother to the four corners of this earth to proclaim a Message of repentance.
    We, as the two Patricks, will stand by what we have received and we will answer to Jesus, our Master, if they are wrong.
    We do not believe that they are. We do not care if we are reported to every bishop, cardinal and pope in this world for we are all but dust and onto dust we shall return. That is why humans do not worry us. But if we desert our posts, we will have to answer to Jesus, our Master, the One that we love with all our hearts and souls and minds and wills; it is He that counts, He is everything in our lives. It is He who is the most important One and we will follow Him to death.
    The truth is, that it would be so easy to deny the Messages that we have received; anything for a quiet life. It would be so easy to say nothing and sit back on the fence to see if something will happen and then jump in and say, yes, ‘my messages’ foretold of the coming of the antichrist; see, here it is written; see how true ‘my messages’ are. How tempting this is…NOT.
    Because, it would be a lie and the Messages are not ours, so we cannot say ‘my messages’; that is self.
    Yes, we are afraid. We are afraid that everyone will desert us and all that has been built over the last fifteen years will fall apart. We are afraid that we are wrong and this pope is true. We are crucified with doubts every minute of every day. But we are more afraid of letting Jesus down.
    We know that the Prophets, Visionaries and Seers all over this world have received Messages that the pope that would come after John Paul II would be the deceiver, the abomination, the antichrist and, the truth is, everyone who read and followed Messages believed this.
    Yes, and we are talking to you who is reading this. You probably believe in what Jesus and His Mother have told us and countless other Messengers in Messages. But now that the time has come and you must stand up for what you believe in, you are faltering and saying, Oh no, it is not this pope, it is the next one and if there is another one you will say again, oh no, it's not this one, it's the next one and so on and so on and so on. It is time to take a stand; you either believe or you do not. We cannot be hot and cold. Jesus said, “…My own shall recognise My Voice…”
    We either recognise His Voice or we do not!!!
    I am a man of this world, a sinner, whom Jesus pulled out of the gutter. I still have a lot of dying to self to do and if you want to know my true feelings which are me, myself and I, about you Prophets, Visionaries and Seers who are denying the Messages that Jesus and Mary spoke through you.
    I think you are cowards for you know the truth within your hearts but you are too afraid of this world and what it thinks. Stand up and have courage.
    So what if we die in this Battle of Love, so what if this world comes against us and rejects us, it rejected Jesus first, it is only a passing shadow in time. We cannot live forever on this earth; our true Home awaits us in our Father's Kingdom.
    This excites me, the thought of going Home, of being with Jesus, Mary and all the Angels and Saints. Seeing them and being able to talk to them Face-to-face. I will not give this up for anything or anyone; I will get there, should it kill me.
    Eternity awaits us; billions upon billions upon billions of years, it goes on forever. Why should we worry about these lives that we live upon this earth, they are but a heartbeat in time.
    Come on, do not be afraid of this world and what it thinks. This is the time that Jesus and Mary have told us of, these are exciting times; the time to stand up for our faith, the time to stand up for Jesus; you know you want to do it.
    If we are wrong then we shall be knocked down by Jesus. He will do it Himself for what is from Jesus will grow, prosper and produce much fruit but if it is not from Him, then it shall crumble and disappear and is it not better that the Holy Spirit is allowed to test us like gold in the fire?
    So, we have nothing to worry about because Jesus can crumble me and disappear me anytime. He can do whatever He wants with me, I will not complain.
    Well, sometimes I will when He is battering me with the Truth that I don't want to hear about myself and the way that I should be dying to myself. I do complain then sometimes and boys, can I complain. But, He is my Friend and I will stand with Him as I know Patrick will stand with Him. I cannot walk away and leave my Friend in His time of need.
    Remember, up to a couple of months ago, you believed in what you were receiving. Do the Messages mean so little to you?
    Remember, Jesus said he would deceive many and if time had not been shortened, not even the elect would survive. Look around you, look at the disrespect and blasphemy in this world. Don't believe what I am saying to you, read the Messages that you yourself have received. Do not worry, remember what Saint Padre Pio, said, “…pray, hope and don't worry…”
    We say to you, who are the deceiver: bring it on, lets rock, it's time to dance. Its about time life got interesting. Jesus has already won the battle on Calvary and all we have to do is walk through it with Him as our standard. You were cast down once before and you shall be cast down again. Thank You, Jesus. I love You
    Jesus:
    My son, I Love you and I thank you for these words; you shall be with Me in my Father's Kingdom. My Angels sing with Joy to see you and your brother stand firm with Me. The time is close now and you must prepare, you must be prepared to give all of yourselves to Me for this world does not realise what it has done. This world has spilt the blood of the innocent and they cry out to Me every day for vengeance. My Justice is close; the sword has touched this earth but has not struck a fatal blow. Fire shall fall from the heavens and consume the air; the oceans shall convulse and turn to blood; the land shall burn and this earth shall scream for Mercy. I Love you, My little soldiers of the Light. I, your Jesus, Love you.
    Patrick:
    Thank You, Jesus. I love You.
  2. Mario

Mario Powers

garabandal,

Patrick wrote: ...We know that the Prophets, Visionaries and Seers all over this world have received Messages that the pope that would come after John Paul II would be the deceiver, the abomination, the antichrist and, the truth is, everyone who read and followed Messages believed this.

This is a rather all-encompassing statement with nothing to back it up.

Patrick also said the following were the words of Jesus: ...They shall excommunicate you and cast you down but I say, stay strong in the knowledge of My Love. Within a time this world will start to doubt the one who has claimed the Throne of My Peter.

In this is revealed the false prophecy: Patrick's Jesus claims the reality of Peter's Chair; he also claims Benedict is a deceiver. However, this so called Jesus doesn't point out who currently is the true successor of Peter. For if there isn't a current Pontiff, then what you share in your email nails it on the head:

Jesus [of the Gospels] also said that 'the gates of Hell would never prevail over his Church' and he built the church on the rock of Peter. 'You are Peter and on that rock I will build my Church'.

As Paul instructs: Test the spirits.

The two Patricks sound like radical Traditionalists to me.

Safe under the loving gaze of the Christ Child.
  3. padraig

padraig Powers

I'm afraid this piece from the two Patrick's,

'bring it on, lets rock, it's time to dance. Its about time life got interesting

...in terms of a great confrontation between God and Satan makes me want to run away and cringe. Its just to me not a prayerful and loving concerned way to speak about the possible death of billions of people. These are our brothers and sisters, our families, our neighbours our friends ..and its 'bring it on lets rock...its time life got interesting'. We are not talikng about a teen fight outside a local tavern here.

No I am afraid not. :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry:

They are entering the stratosphere. Let us not journey with them,goodness knows where they are heading for....or where goodness help them...they will end up.

[​IMG]
  4. maryrose

maryrose Principalities

I met the 2 patricks many years ago and really believed them, but then I found their messages were always threatning in some way and too many words. No I dont think so either!!. They are spreading confusion and giving a bad name to genuine visionaries who we should listen to.

Mary
  5. Helen

Helen New Member

I would not rush to accept any of their (the two Patricks) messages as genuine should I find a single contradiction to any of the Church's teachings in them. There are a lot of false prophets out there doing the work of the enemy of God.

The Church is the guardian of the Divine Revelation and according to scriptures, she was sanctified from the beginning by Jesus, who promised to send the advocate to guide the apostles into the truth. Jesus also promised to be with His Church forever, so anyone who claims that a holy person such as the the Pope to be a deceiver has to looked at with great suspicion!

Helen
  6. padraig

padraig Powers

Yes The Kingdom of God cannot be divided against itself, Jesus would not attack Peter.

Actually the 'Two Patricks don't pose so great a danger now that they are openly attacking God's Church. It more hidden attack that is dangerous.
  7. Kathleen

Kathleen New Member

I must say I am horrified! I'm glad I've never run across them. They speak with the words of anger and mahem. I do not recognize Jesus in their words.

Pray, pray, pray
    Kath
  8. padraig

padraig Powers

Hi Roger from London,frankly I don't if you are welcome to the forum or not.

I have read a liitle of the 'Two Patrick's messages, I say a little because I reached one that attacked the Holy Father, then I stopped knowing that they were not only false but wicked.

Patrick claimed (May 13, 2005) "that the pope that would come after John Paul II would be the deceiver, the abomination, the antichrist;" claims that 'Jesus' said (May 11, 2005): "The deceiver sits upon the Throne of My Peter" referring to Pope Benedict XVI.

I don't think I have ever, in my whole life, come across purprorted 'visionaries' before who appeared to me so obviously inspired and led, directly, by demons.

Spooky :shock: :shock:

[​IMG]
    Patrick O'Kane

[​IMG]

Patrick Rushe

...and I must confess anyone who follows, believes or supports this cultic wicked nonsense strikes me as spooky too. :shock:

2 Corinthians 11:13-15

For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. (14) And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. (15) Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
  9. padraig

padraig Powers

It is true Roger that a great Chastisement is going to fall on the world, in fact it is aready underway , nor do I think anyone on this forum would argue with this. It has been proclaimed by many true prohets and visionaries....and false prophets and visionaries as well.

It is also true ROger..and I think everyone would agree that there is much that needs fixed in our Church, this is true not only of today but always going right back to Judas. This has been proclaimed by many true prophets and visionaries..and false visionaries and 'prophets as well.

It is also true that true visionaries and prophets have to bear the cross, in fact it seems to me almost a job specification. However it is also true that false prophets and visionaries often come under the sword. and this as a punishment for their wickedness.

So none of the 'Signs' you give can be taken as conclusive evidence that the 'Two Patricks ' are true as these Signs might as well be true of a false as of a true prophet.

But as is written:

Ephesians 2:20, the New Testament apostles and prophets were foundational: “And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone.”

Now we have tow, 'prophets' attacking Peter the Holy Father an apostle..a prophet attacking an apostle....whereas Jesus warns that>

Mark 3:24
    If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.

Jesus also said:

Matthew 16:18
    And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

This as a Catholic I believe pertains Holy Father just as much as it did to Peterand anyone who says our Holy Father is the anti Christ is anaethema.

If a thousand shinning angels came with the Queen of Heaven and all the saints came to me in a vision and told me otherwise I would know at once they came from hell and not from heaven. Scripture cannot contradict itself.

2 Corinthians 11:14

14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light

[​IMG]
  10. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Here is what the 2 Patricks wrote about Pope Benedict

I have Warned you: the one who was to come would be the deceiver. I Warned you that he would be known as a man of peace. I Warned you that if you did not follow in My Footsteps, My Ways, that you, too, would be deceived and swept away by his untruth, his deceit. Who do you think it was that overthrew My servant, John Paul II? Who do you think it was that spread the lies and untruth within My Church? Who do you think it was that allowed the so-called doctors and scholars of the Church to break down My Scriptures? Who you think it was that has brought the rebellion to bear?

False private messages like those delivered by the 2 Patricks have 2 possible sources:

Either, they come from the subconscience realm as an overflow of an over active imagination or from self-delusion and even from mental illness:

Or they come from demonic influence with particular spirits affecting the mind and thinking of the so called prophet.

I pray it is the former rather than the latter for the sake of the souls of the 2 Patricks.
  11. padraig

padraig Powers

I believe them to be demonic.

All the signs are there, contradiction of scripture, of the Church, pride, disobedience, rebellion,false prophesy...

cf:

http://www.spiritualitytoday.org/spir2day/91433moreno.html
  12. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Here is a question for Roger:

Is Pope Benedict XVI the legitimate Pope & successor of St Peter?

A simple yes or no answer will suffice, please :D
  13. Rain

Rain Angels

Roger, answer the question. In your own words, please.
  14. MomsCalling

MomsCalling Principalities

Roger,
    What is YOUR personal opinion? We are all entitled to our own discernement and opinions.
    All these quotes are obviously your way of supporting a supposition that the current pontiff is an antipope.
    If you believe the messages of the Two Patricks, then you believe that this is true, and that he has been influencing the church in a negative way for many years, under the direction of Satan.
    Aside of the Church contradictions their messages have (that Padraig has pointed out are there, though I have not read all of their messages to discern myself for sure or not), the thing that I cannot get past though, is that many of the modern visionaries, ones whom I feel are authentic and truthful and whose messages do not contradict Church laws or authority, do NOT say these things about the current pontiff.
    I don't see how we will ever come to a conclusion about this, we can only quote this and that to try to support our own opinions. I guess we each have to look at the fruits of this Pontiff, past and present, and discern for ourselves if there is any possibility he could be an antipope. This is not a subject this forum has entertained, at least not since I have been a participant. Is this something we want to debate here? If so, then lets talk about it, with or without discussing the Two Patricks. If a discussion about this is not going to be allowed here at all, then why ask Roger or anyone to comment on it? Should we take a vote?
  15. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Roger - utter tosh!!

Your refusal to admit that Pope Benedict is the legitimate successor to Peter is proof that you are a schismatic heretic and you are a protestant at heart.

Perhaps, a protestant forum may be more accommodating of your opinions for after all we are an orthodox Catholic forum committed to our Lady of Grace and have no room for schismatics such as yourself.
  16. padraig

padraig Powers

I'll have to put you off the forum Roger for spreading this stuff and ban you.

I must say you always argued your views with charity and restraint towards other members, something I respected and liked and could learn from myself. :D :wink:

But I will pray for you, please pray for me and all on the forum, as I'm sure many will pray for you ,

God Bless,

Padraig

[​IMG]
  17. Rain

Rain Angels

Roger, since you're shy about sharing your own opinion, gotta say it's pretty clear you think Benedict the 16th is a false pope. I'm not afraid to express my opinion when I say you're wrong and you would be better off not obsessing about whacked out conspiracy theories.

You say you're waiting for us to answer your questions and that's why you haven't answer ours. Well, seems to me you haven't asked many questions, and when you do there's little need for us to answer because you do it for us . . . with cut-and-paste jobs supporting your position.

As to the pope's comments on separation of church and state, number one, if you read some of his encyclicals you'll see that he's not proposing a Christian-less government. In fact, he's saying democracy cannot exist without Christian ideology at it's core. That's why Islam nations cannot succeed as democracies.

Number two, even though other popes have had different opinions concerning science, politics, and more . . . Benedict's stance on church versus state is hardly grounds for calling him an anti-pope, the anti-Christ, or in your case, making subtle accusations to the like. The pros and cons of separation of church and state isn't doctrine. Every opinion uttered or written by a pope isn't infallible. Popes disagreeing with each other on certain matters, non-doctrinal ones, is not the smoking gun you think it is.

Edit: Oops, I was writing this post at the same time he was being banned. And another oops, wrote with instead of without--which makes a big a difference.
  18. padraig

padraig Powers

Great minds Deanna....thinking alike etc.. :lol: :lol:

But I liked Roger, its a pity, he's in my prayers.Mistaken, yes, deluded yes; but well mannered charitable and nice.

Oh well...

May it please the Beloved that we never fail to love each other, because if we do we are lost – St Teresa of Avila
  19. MomsCalling

MomsCalling Principalities

It is a shame, as I too thought he may have something insightful to offer. I was actually up for a lively debate if anyone else was...but I see the subject is too near and dear to most hearts here to really debate it at all, and I appreciate that. Of course a debate without personal opinions on both sides is just cold and boring anyway.

I'm all for quoting scripture, but sometimes in times like these I prefer to go back to the olden days when Catholics actually talked about the lessons learned rather than the literal words and verse numbers! No need to prove to Protestants that we actually do read the Bible...silly question :eek: Sorry...I digress... :oops:
  20. padraig

padraig Powers

I was praying about this last night and it seems to me that discernment is often a bit like walking through a white mist and trying the best we can to find, not the way that we seek but the path that God wants us to walk upon. Often it seems to me like a guessing game rather than a process, but all that God asks of us is that we make the effort to find our way and the way for doing this ,for myself is to kneel at the feet of Mary and pray.

From the very earliest days in the Church there has been a continuos tradition in the Church of placing folks outside the community of the faithful when their words and or actions were deemed harmful. Dialogue and discussion are all fine ..up to a point but their reaches a point where there is a parting of the ways.

Scripture also shows that even the saints disagreed and argued about this discernment process and decisions reached.

All we can do is do our best. In modern times we see this tradition carried on by people like St Padre Pio who sent folks away witha flea in their ears from confession if they did not show true contrition. It wasn't lack of love or lack of openess, it was tough love. There comes a time when we reach a cul de sac in discussion or relationship when carrying on is no longer helpful but actually harmful.

I don't consider this my forum, I consider it Our Lady's and consider myself as answerable to her for what goes on here. In prayer I asked her what I should do and have carried it out.

I am as happy about this as I can ever be short of being in the surity of heaven.

Others may discern otherwise and that's fine. I pray and try to follow were Mary leads, if I stumble in this, pray that I do better in the future.but love can be funny sometimes it requires a certain steel.

As for using scripture in discernment,well:

Psalm 119:105
    Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.

[​IMG]

Throughout the history of the Church, numerous saints have spoken of the need for knowledge of Scripture in order to grow in love for Christ. This is evident particularly in the Fathers of the Church. Saint Jerome, in his great love for the word of God, often wondered: “How could one live without the knowledge of Scripture, by which we come to know Christ himself, who is the life of believers?”.[249] He knew well that the Bible is the means “by which God speaks daily to believers”.[250] His advice to the Roman matron Leta about raising her daughter was this: “Be sure that she studies a passage of Scripture each day… Prayer should follow reading, and reading follow prayer… so that in the place of jewellery and silk, she may love the divine books”.[251] Jerome’s counsel to the priest Nepotian can also be applied to us: “Read the divine Scriptures frequently; indeed, the sacred book should never be out of your hands. Learn there what you must teach”.[252] Let us follow the example of this great saint who devoted his life to the study of the Bible and who gave the Church its Latin translation, the Vulgate, as well as the example of all those saints who made an encounter with Christ the centre of their spiritual lives. Let us renew our efforts to understand deeply the word which God has given to his Church: thus we can aim for that “high standard of ordinary Christian living”[253] proposed by Pope John Paul II at the beginning of the third Christian millennium, which finds constant nourishment in attentively hearing the word of God.

Letting the Bible inspire pastoral activity

Along these lines the Synod called for a particular pastoral commitment to emphasizing the centrality of the word of God in the Church’s life, and recommended a greater “biblical apostolate”, not alongside other forms of pastoral work, but as a means of letting the Bible inspire all pastoral work”.[254] This does not mean adding a meeting here or there in parishes or dioceses, but rather of examining the ordinary activities of Christian communities, in parishes, associations and movements, to see if they are truly concerned with fostering a personal encounter with Christ, who gives himself to us in his word. Since “ignorance of the Scriptures is ignorance of Christ”,[255] making the Bible the inspiration of every ordinary and extraordinary pastoral outreach will lead to a greater awareness of the person of Christ, who reveals the Father and is the fullness of divine revelation.

For this reason I encourage pastors and the faithful to recognize the importance of this emphasis on the Bible: it will also be the best way to deal with certain pastoral problems which were discussed at the Synod and have to do, for example, with the proliferation of sects which spread a distorted and manipulative reading of sacred Scripture. Where the faithful are not helped to know the Bible in accordance with the Church’s faith and based on her living Tradition, this pastoral vacuum becomes fertile ground for realities like the sects to take root. Provision must also be made for the suitable preparation of priests and lay persons who can instruct the People of God in the genuine approach to Scripture.

Furthermore, as was brought out during the Synod sessions, it is good that pastoral activity also favour the growth of small communities, “formed by families or based in parishes or linked to the different ecclesial movements and new communities”,[256] which can help to promote formation, prayer and knowledge of the Bible in accordance with the Church’s faith.

Pope Benedict: Verbum Domini

[​IMG]