The State of the Faith in Ireland Today: How do you see it?

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Roger Buck, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Scolaire Bocht

Scolaire Bocht Archangels

Yes of course Anglicans took over all the Churches. There are actually a tiny number of exceptions like Multyfarnham in Co Westmeath. Instead it was burnt down repeatedly but the Catholics just built it up again, multiple times.

Julia likes this.
  2. Indy

Indy Praying

Sanctus likes this.
  3. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus Archangels

It's a false dawn really. It was the kind of blatant unconstitutional legislation that only a self absorbed despot would waste government time discussing.
    Unfettered abortion is coming, and it will be constitutional.
    God help us all, it feels more and more like Nazi rule everday.
    Alan Shatter thinks 4 years separation is too long to wait for divorce. Next thing marriage certs will be printed on edible rice paper or used as confetti onthe wedding day!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
    Julia likes this.
  4. maryrose

maryrose Powers

Surprise! This article against 'gay marriage' by Bruce Arnold' was published in the Irish Times. He is of course a previous Irish Times journalist. Its very well argued from a societal and intellectual point of view and of course Bruce is not a catholic and an englishman by birth. I admire his very will written and argued article. Its worth reading to have a grasp of the many reasons why 'gay marriage' would be a disaster for society.

http://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/h...st-the-same-sex-marriage-referendum-1.2100166

Julia, Sanctus and Miriam like this.
  5. garabandal

garabandal Powers

An excellent, scholarly article based on 'reason' so it is powerful. Worth printing out and reading!

Torrentum likes this.
  6. Torrentum

Torrentum Guest

Thought this article was very interesting.
    Pope Francis may not be the liberal some Irish people thought he was:

"The point of all this is to suggest that such a pastoral minded man, committed to a popular, rather than elite, Catholicism would identify very much with the Catholicism that seems to have almost disappeared from Ireland. That is, the Catholicism of the family rosary, the Angelus, missions, novenas, and Corpus Christi Processions."

http://www.crisismagazine.com/2015/irish-liberals-second-thoughts-pope-francis

[​IMG]

7. padraig

padraig Powers

I was at mass mass in a country church a couple of weeks ago. It was during the week but there were so many people there I thought I had made a mistake and it must be Sunday.

I still know the Church in Ireland is weakened but it still has huge strength if it wished to exert itself. The problem is perhaps with the leadership, the Bishops. They need to take risks and lay down the line. But I have a feeling that being a risk taker is not in an Irish Bishop's CV.

I think it would be better to go down fighting. Hiding at this point will give no protection, if we don't move out to face them , sooner or later , when they are strong enough they will be coming in to get us.

Beth B, Julia, Krizevac and 1 other person like this.
  8. padraig

padraig Powers

I am astonished the , 'Irish Times'. printed this. But very pleased.

Julia and Torrentum like this.
  9. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Keep posting on this thread. It is a powerful statement for the Faith of our Fathers. I am sorry it is only 5 pages long. LOL

One lady posted that her friends daughter wanted a Rosary Beads, because the girls friends liked to wear a Rosary Beads around their necks. Didn't her friend know, it became a fashion item. I think Madonna the American now old singer was one of the pop idols who used religious items as jewellery and adornment for themselves. And it had nothing to do with religion, if anything it was blasphemous.

I am certain, there are pockets of very faithful parishioners in Ireland, where the faith is strong and vibrant thank God. However without a shadow of a doubt, the main bulk of the Irish are in full blown apostasy. The gay yes referendum would support that view with 62% or so oblivious to the consequences in the sight of God.

I heard that Priests in Ireland were afraid to consider appointments as Bishop. I read that Priests wear casual clothes when out in public for fear of being abused or mistreated as a result of the well published scandals.

This is a great shame, because the guilty ones are very few in number. A great lesson should have been learned from what happened. And the even worst thing being that abusers are in every strata of society, not just the clergy. The media just does not make the public aware. Irish society or it's very young are not any safer now, unless someone blows the whistle, and the media really show they care about the protection of children and vulnerable adults. That is what I believe.

DeGaulle, Eamonn, padraig and 2 others like this.
  10. padraig

padraig Powers

I was watching the film, 'The Great Gatsby', today. The supposed guy telling the story is an an asylum as a hopeless alchoholic.

The characters in the film are young, good looking , well educated and filthy rich. Yet there is such a sadness and cynicism about them. It brought me back to my own period away from God, maybe not filthy rich, maybe not talented but young and very,very sad and cynical.

One thing travellers often remarked in past centuries was that although they were terribly poor how very ,very joyful they were. Certainly they knew how to party, a wake or wedding might stretch out for a couple of weeks of drinking and dancing.

But to me now they have kicked God out the door what have they to look forward too but the cynical sadness of the, 'Great Gatsby?'

[​IMG]

Patty likes this.
  11. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Ireland is finished. Ireland as a nation died 25th May 2015.

We are worse than pagan nations of the pre-Christian era because even they did not consider abominable relationships as marriage. They tolerated it but did not consider it marriage. This is the beginning of the end. The very next week after the referendum moves were made by the agents of death to consider removing Article 8 of the constitution for the protection of life of the unborn.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1983/en/act/cam/0008/index.html

The word that came to me in prayer the very next day on the Sunday was pederasty (I did not know what it meant and was shocked upon looking it up).

On the foremost proponents of liberation in Ireland the politician David Norris is a proponent of pederasty - this is where this is going the complete corruption of all morals and removal of all barriers. Our children are going to be corrupted and taught evil as good and good as evil. A Rubicon has been passed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...onference-As-child-great-desire-molested.html

A pandora's box was opened in Ireland on 25th May 2015.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis 19

Ireland will have to be rebuilt on the firm foundations of the faith of the remnant who survive the tribulation and chastisement. God will purify Ireland.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  12. padraig

padraig Powers

How strange , Bobby. I met a very militant prolife activist today I had not encountered in many years and he told me the exact same thing; that the path we are on would eventually lead to the legalisation of child molestation. I don't doubt this is true.

But my own conversion gives me great hope for Ireland and all the Nations of the Earth. For if God could pull my coals out of the fire , he can save anyone or any nation.

I have not lost hope. I remain very positive as the Mother of God is positive. Like her I am going to keep going in their slugging.:)

We may have lost the battle, but we have not lost the war.

Julia likes this.
  13. garabandal

garabandal Powers

I have no doubt, Padraig that a healthy remnant remains but we are on a quick, downhill path.

Even the animals in the fields abide by the natural law.

We have abandoned the law of nature and the law of God.

Only purification awaits - its as inevitable as the apple falling from the tree.

No nation who has gone down this path has ever recovered - it has destroyed and collapsed civilizations - from Greece to Rome & from Sodom to Gomorrah.

Read this portion of Scripture prayerfully in light of the Irish vote and it is a sobering read!!

God’s Wrath Against Sinful Humanity (Romans 1).

The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshipped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

DeGaulle likes this.
  14. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

From the discussion and soul searching on the sodomite victory in Ireland; it has brought me to a very interesting thought while saying the Prayer to Our Lady of Knock after the Rosary the other day.

Maybe it is time to start looking at all that pertains to Our Lady's Shrine at knock.

What the people saw and shared with us. It is said Our Lady never spoke a word.

I am not very good at remembering details, but I bet others are.

Is it not true that Saint Joseph was beside Blessed Mother, a testimony to the sanctity of marriage in Gods eyes ?

Is it not also true, Saint John stood next to Blessed Mother I believe dressed in Bishop attire. What message was God conveying to us. The sanctity of marriage and the presence of His Holy Ministers and their powerful role in the sanctity of the Church. And finally my final point. Is it not said that some of those who witnessed the vision, went and had a look to see what page Saint John had opened in the Holy Bible he was holding. And if I am correct it was at the Book of Revelation. I am not even sure but I think they said which page in particular Saint John was pointing to.

There was the lamb that was slain surrounded by Angels. So so much to discern with Gods help, if these are the times this holy apparition was pointing to.

I have always believed the Shrine at Knock and it's history is shrouded in mystery. Could this be the time for us to "knock and the door will be opened, seek and we will find" what the Lord wants from us in this time.

Bartimaeus likes this.
  15. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Statement on Irish homosexual “marriage” referendum outcome HLI Ireland

Repentance and reparation necessary

"Today, the voting majority of the Irish people have voted in effect to reject God’s law on marriage. Irrespective, the law of God remains unchanging.

We have chosen to turn away from God and his laws. How can we expect to continue to enjoy God’s blessing and protection as a nation? The Catholic Church teaches the sexual conjugal act is the exclusive preserve of man and woman as husband and wife; it is an act designed by God to be exercised by no-one else.

Everyone is called to chaste self-mastery, according to their state; married or single, male or female.

There is no discrimination in this statement, it applies to everyone. Everyone is called to enjoy heaven. Scripture and teaching of the Church reveal all sexual acts outside the marriage covenant between man and woman are seriously sinful and seriously jeopardize the eternal welfare of those involved. God created us to enjoy eternal welfare with Him in heaven. It is surely a blasphemy to include homosexual “marriage” in a Constitution document that invokes the authority of the Blessed Trinity and our obligations to Jesus Christ in its preamble.

Serious repentance and atonement are necessary to stave off the reaping of the harvest that these bitter seeds we have sown."

True believers in Jesus Christ have now a unique, sole and imperative role to draw God’s mercy upon our wounded nation. In the end, HE has the victory.

Patrick McCrystal HLI (Ireland)

16. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Statement on the result of Irish referendum on the redefinition of marriage from Father Shenan J. Boquet, president of Human Life International:

"Today the Irish people have chosen decay and decline. This decision will not bring peace or progress, but will bring, as we have seen around the rest of the so-called developed world, more internal division and the abandonment of religious freedom and other basic rights.

There is no sustainable peace for those who reject God's law, and the effect on the traditionally Catholic nation of Ireland will be severe. We pray with our Irish brothers and sisters that this error will be reversed, and that the Church will again take up its true leadership role and unequivocally and prophetically tell the truth about God's plan for marriage, the family and a flourishing, peaceful society."

17. garabandal

garabandal Powers

I cried when I listened to this hymn after the referendum result.

Patty likes this.
  18. garabandal

garabandal Powers

There were people of all ages
    gathered 'round the gable wall
    poor and humble men and women,
    little children that you called

We are gathered here before you
    and our hearts are just the same
    filled with joy at such a vision
    as we praise your name

CHORUS:
    Golden Rose, Queen of Ireland
    all my cares and troubles cease
    as I kneel with love before you
    Lady of Knock, our Queen of Peace

Though your message was unspoken
    still the truth in silence lies
    as we gaze upon your vision,
    and the truth I try to find

Here I stand with John the teacher,
    and with Joseph at your side
    and I see the Lamb of God
    on the Altar glorified

as we kneel with love before you
    Lady of Knock, our Queen of Peace

And the Lamb will conquer
    and the woman clothed in the sun
    will shine Her light on everyone
    Yes,
    the Lamb will conquer
    and the woman clothed in the sun
    will shine Her light on everyone
    as I kneel with love before you
    Lady of Knock, my Queen of Peace
    Lady of Knock, my queen of peace

sparrow and Miriam like this.
  19. Miriam

Miriam Archangels

20. sparrow

sparrow Exitus ~ Reditus

We made a pilgrimage to Knock while in Ireland in 2013. Before this, we went to Mass and confession at The Waterford Cathedral (Cathedral of the Most Holy Trinity) to one of the holiest priests I'd ever been to. I was so impressed! We also attended Mass at St. Mary's in Dungarvan at which I was also impressed compared to our Mass at home in Ontario, Canada.. Knock was so peaceful. I am now disenchanted with Ireland since their referendum. We hoped for better as we wished to return there sometime but the world is rushing into end times and I am concentrating on spiritual survival now. As I understand it, the USA poured millions of lobbying dollars into Ireland before the referendum to sway the vote. But I still hoped they would do the right thing. Just another in a series of countries to fall :(