The State of the Faith in Ireland Today: How do you see it?

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Roger Buck, Jan 26, 2014.

1. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Remember who are all in this together as one big club -
    the financial elite (bankers etc) and their pawns
    the political elite
    the judiciary
    the ("thought") police

"Democracy" my ass, it is all one big scam!

Bartimaeus and Malachi like this.
  2. sparrow

sparrow Exitus ~ Reditus

They are all hand-picked and groomed for the position. I believe it is all known before there is even a vote. But they maybe do not realize that they are just puppets doing the bidding of the elite...

3. padraig

padraig Powers

Like goes with like. But they must be organised in some fashion, all this can't be an accident. Highly organised and very professional, the devils.

4. padraig

padraig Powers

I saw someone at mass today that amazed and delighted me. He was a man whom I knew years back, a very, very bad and worldly man who worked and socialized with a group of equally very bad people. He was receiving Holy Communion and very devoutly indeed. I have witnessed several people in the Church like this, people who were once very hard cases indeed turned to God. Some of them, like this guy are real shockers for me, I just did not think it possible that should convert and convert so radically. It is quite amazing and fills me with hope. I take it things like this are taking place not only across Ireland but the whole world.

I find it breath taking.

5. sparrow

sparrow Exitus ~ Reditus

There are no limits to what God can do :)

Julia likes this.
  6. Scolaire Bocht

Scolaire Bocht Archangels

I agree anyway that Mary McAleese is definitely in that 'organised' politician type category. Her rise was no accident and now I think she is deliberately being groomed as a great Catholic champion .i.e. ex President of Ireland and now with all kinds of high up theology qualifications. Truth is she in an ideal position to cause all kinds of damage unfortunately.

Torrentum and Indy like this.
  7. padraig

padraig Powers

I notice that 'Reality' magazine ( put out by the Irish Redemptorist's) is running a major article on Mary Mc Aleese's husband. I am sure it will be in no way critical or either him or his wife. It seems to me that many clerics are more hostile to the Church than often apostate lay ex Catholics are.

[​IMG]

You may recall that the last Editor of this magazine, Tony Flannery, was silenced , very correctly by the Vatican.

http://vaticaninsider.lastampa.it/e.../irlanda-ireland-chiesa-church-iglesia-14186/

[​IMG]

Fr Tony Flannery

PS If this priest has been 'Silenced', by the Vatican how come he is still blogging and giving public talks?

http://www.tonyflannery.com/

Torrentum likes this.
  8. garabandal

garabandal Powers

9. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Mark Mallett is as always on the money when he teaches about a coming counterfeit:

http://www.markmallett.com/blog/the-coming-counterfeit/

Unfortunately it will mean that many of us will be on different sides from some of our closest family members. We will all have to make the toughest of decisions because the pressure on each of us to compromise will be so huge and the fear of having to 'go it alone' will be such an intimidating prospect that many will cave in (much like the situation in Nazi Germany in the 1930s).

Times of testing are here and will intensify and our Love of Him will be tested to the full.

I already have made my decision. I am prepared for either white or red martyrdom. But I cannot do it without huge graces and God knows this.

"Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Julia, Krizevac and Torrentum like this.
  10. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Indeed these times are already upon us

I had another vision of the great tribulation… It seems to me that a concession was demanded from the clergy that could not be granted. I saw many older priests, especially one, who wept bitterly. A few younger ones were also weeping… It was as if people were splitting into two camps. —Blessed Anne Catherine Emmerich (1774–1824); The Life and Revelations of Anne Catherine Emmerich; message from April 12th, 1820

From Lifesite News website

https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinio...o-a-synod-father-listen-to-the-african-bishop

I live in the diocese of [omitted] in [a small country in East Africa], a diocese that's very full of life, marriages, baptisms, confirmations, vocations are so abundant that they would seem improbable elsewhere. Since I lived for many years in Belgium and in Ireland years ago, I know what I'm talking about. Our bishop, [name omitted], though not at all old, doesn't like to be online or read things on screen, he also hates smartphones even though they're everywhere here now, so I often print things I find online to show him. Now, our diocese isn't traditional at all, it was thanks to the web and pages as yours that I found out about the Old Mass, but Mass is usually very respectful, even when it's filled with our African joy, which is always very respectful.

Anyway, the bishop asked me to bring him news from the Synod as often as possible, and since I live very near the cathedral I am trying to print things and take them to him daily. So, yesterday I printed this page and he was struck by this passage from Thursday's meeting.

"With regard to cohabitation in certain regions, it was shown that this is often due to economic and social factors and not a form of refusal of the teachings of the Church. Often, moreover, these and other types of de facto unions are lived while conserving the wish for a Christian life, and therefore require suitable pastoral care. Similarly, while emphasising the impossibility of recognising same sex marriage, the need for a respectful and non-discriminatory approach with regard to homosexuals was in any case underlined."[*]

He was in the office with the Vicar-General, and he stood up and then fell down on his chair, took his hands to his head and started to weep silently. He was obviously very shaken. He said to the Vicar-General: "Oh my God, what are they doing? The people will soon get hold of declarations like these and they'll prefer to become evangelicals or even Muslims than remain Catholic! What are they doing in Rome? Oh my God, oh my God!"

He then looked at me, calmed down, and said, "I'm sorry you saw this, sorry." It was shocking. They were both extremely nervous with what will come out, Muslims and Evangelical missionaries will make great inroads if the Church is seen as soft on morals, a situation Africans hate, and make very difficult the work of priests to stop couples from just living together, very often one man and several women, but actually getting married in church. I'm not sure they understand the impact that even small things like these have in how Africans at least here in [country] view the Church. The Vicar-General said something like, "What is this softness? Why 'impossibility of recognising' and not, this false marriage is a grave aberration and an abomination against God and against Creation? At least the Anglicans here can say decisions in Europe are not their responsibility, but how can we as Roman Catholics say that what happens in Rome has nothing to do with us?"

I thought you'd be interested. Thanks for the blog and keeping us informed here as well.

God and Mary bless you,

Julia and Torrentum like this.
  11. garabandal

garabandal Powers

It takes great moral character and certitude to stand against the tide. Such bravery is rare in men.

Having taught for nearly 30 years I can tell you that most are like sheep that follow the crowd and most are incapable of independent thought.

We must be prepared to stand up for what we believe in irrespective of the cost.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietrich_Bonhoeffer

Julia and Mario like this.
  12. Torrentum

Torrentum Guest

For some of us, devoted to the faith, we may already have been placed in a position to choose sides, to, as you put it Garabandal, to go it alone, albeit on a much smaller scale than what's outlined in Marks post on future events.
    The moral issues, the moral collapse that has happened in the last 20 or so years here has caused great upheaval in my family. In 2013 I found myself in a position where I stood completely alone. But there is comfort in knowing that you're doing the right thing, even if it really hurts.
    I take great comfort from the reflection on " Jesus meeting his Mother " in the stations of the Cross in the Divine Mercy handbook.
    "May no human connection, however dear, keep me from following the way of the cross"

Julia, PotatoSack and Mario like this.
  13. Torrentum

Torrentum Guest

If they do "split into two camps", I will obviously stay with the True Faith. What troubles me, is where we'll I go to Mass? My local PP openly criticized the bishop once during a sermon. He seems very ACP. We will find ourselves like the Africans, traveling many hours to hear Mass.

14. padraig

padraig Powers

Better to travel a few miles than to end up being thrown into hell. Things are getting that bad.

Torrentum likes this.
  15. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Kinda like what they did in the movie classic Lilies of the Field http://free.watchmuvee.info/play.php?movie=0057251

16. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus Archangels

I'm working on the assumption that the Mass will still be valid unless the priest is excommunicated / turfed out by his bishop.
    For example when the priest in Dublin recently spoke out in favour of 'gay marriage' during Mass, the faithful didn't have to get up and go to Mass somewhere else after.
    ???????

17. Torrentum

Torrentum Guest

Not the point I'm making.
    I'm saying that we would, in the event of the ACP formerly 'breaking contact' with Rome, have a situation where my local Church, and Id imagine a lot of local Church's, would belong to, what would in effect be, a Protestant Church.
    I never mentioned the validity of the Mass - and i don't know enough theology to know if Mass in such a Church would be valid.
    I simply would not want to attend a Church that ordains women, ordains gays, and questions the divinity of Christ.
    I'd crawl on broken glass to get away from a Church like that.

Julia likes this.
  18. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus Archangels

But if the ACP break with Rome then surely they have to surrender their parishes, or could we end up in a situation where the diocese stops paying them but they 'squat' in the parish and have an affluent sponsor support them?
    mmmm we could have the Mary McAleese parish or the Enda Kenny Parish....
    Torrentum, shove over on the broken glass, I'm comin' through!

Julia and Torrentum like this.
  19. Torrentum

Torrentum Guest

You've hit the nail on the head Bartimaeus - who will own the Churches? If we (and we will be I suspect) make up the minority Catholic population (Pope Bendtct XVI said the Church would get very small), with the greater Catholic population being "We are Church Ireland" what will we do? Will they squat, or will they go? I wonder how this played out in England during the reformation? I presume the Churches there were "annexed" by the Anglicans?? I honestly don't know.
    But I've thought about this more than maybe I'm willing to admit! It really troubles me.
    Every "Catholic" I know, believes in married priests, women priests, and disbelieves in confession, fasting etc. and would probably "make the big switch" to "We are Church Ireland".

20. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus Archangels

Yeah, Church Comfortable is very attractive to the majority - I'm alright, you're alright. I used to even like that idea myself.
    Annexing and demolition were the order of the day during the Reformation as far as i know.
    I never gave any of this much consideration but now i can really see how we could be meeting at a Mass rock while Fr Popular presides over something in my local church - with political approval.

Julia and fallen saint like this.