1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

The State of the Faith in Ireland Today: How do you see it?

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Roger Buck, Jan 26, 2014.

1. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

These wretches make a lot of noise and it is easy to be brave behind a cloak of anonymity. Some of them probably get excited at causing people to be shocked. There are two respectable responses. We could take them out like the Muslims would or just ignore them until their short attention span exhausts itself. I suggest we reject the Muslim method, firstly because Catholics wouldn't be allowed get away with it but primarily because it would be unChristian.

The real persecutors are and will be sober secular civil servants. Most public services worldwide have been completely infiltrated by cultural marxism. They will implement a soft persecution, as with the Christian bakers. To remain Catholic will make it difficult to be other than poor. I would certainly try and provide for the future, while one can, in order not to be dependent on any state payments because these will probably be made conditional. It would be best to be self-employed, but avoid careers such as bakeries, hotels, restaurants, printing and so on. Of course being an orthodox priest or bishop will be a superhuman challenge. I doubt if they will execute anyone because they are familiar enough with Christianity to be wary of the dangers for them.

Ironically, the Muslims may come to our rescue, to some degree. They are not far off achieving control of the balance of power in the EU and demographics will soon ensure they will. They won't be the majority but they will have sufficient say to modify matters of treating religious minorities. I would be confident they hate the secularists far more than Christians and will not stand for the kind of persecution the liberals crave, even if it is not applied to them. The average Muslim's moral worldview is closer to ours than to the secularists and most of them are not of the ISIS extreme.

Sanctus and Dolours like this.
  2. A small remnant kept the faith alive in Israel from David to Christ. That is all God needed to bring us the Word Incarnate. Jesus was an outsider from the beginning, born in a stable. Only 2 people recognised him in the temple, Simeon and Anna, perhaps the temple was full at the Presentation, but God only needed 2 witnesses. Yes, the faith will deteriorate further in Ireland, but do not despair, God only needs a remnant to keep the faith alive. Our Lady has her little armies all over Ireland praying the Rosary. The Rosary saved us in the Penal days. This remnant will be dovoted to Our Lady and obedient to the Pope and the Magisterium. Like Lepanto in 1571, the much smaller Christian fleet defeated the Much larger Muslim fleet against all the odds and saved Europe from beind Islamised. The feast of the Holy Rosary on the 7 th of October is about the power of the Rosary. Catholicism in Ireland is overwhelmed by a tsunami of secularism and a culture of death, we're being outnumbered by insurmountable odds. It's a David and Goliath battle, but it took only one stone to kill Goliath. We have the Rosary and Our Lady. She will crush the head of Satan, Her Immaculate Heart will triumph. We have to be like Abraham and walk blindly in faith and trust.

RoryRory, Mario, fallen saint and 6 others like this.
  3. Sanctus

Sanctus Guest

The Holy Father is due to visit Ireland in 2018. There is already a backlash in the media about it, unfortunately . So much for an inclusive society that represents all sections, including Catholics.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2016
    DeGaulle likes this.
  4. AidanK

AidanK New Member

It's now obvious that as Novus Ordo attendance is shrinking, traditional Tridentine Mass attendance is on the increase

5. Sanctus

Sanctus "Jesus, I Trust In You!"

Over on a well known Irish news website they were mocking and making fun of the rosary in the comments section:mad: Sad and ironic considering Our Lady of Fatima said recitation of the Holy Rosary was our last means of salvation, and we are now at the centenary of Fatima. It is amazing how Ireland went from once being a light to the world into darkness so quickly.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    DeGaulle likes this.
  6. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

Woe, Woe, Woe!
    May the people who did this please be given the grace to repent of this crime!
    We know this is greatly displeasing to God from sources such as Sister Lucy.

“And the third, because in the plans of the Divine Providence, when God is going to chastise the world He always first exhausts all other remedies. When He sees that the world pays no attention whatsoever, then, as we say in our imperfect way of talking, with a certain fear He presents us the last means of salvation, His Blessed Mother."

“Also, since Our Lord is a very good Son, He will not permit that we offend and despise His Blessed Mother. We have as obvious testimony the history of different centuries where Our Lord has shown us with terrible examples how He has always defended the honor of His Blessed Mother."

-Sister Lucy

AidanK and Sanctus like this.
  7. Sanctus

I agree Praetorian. "Forgive them Father for they know not what they do" came to mind upon reading it... Only in post-christian Ireland would they make fun of the principle means of our salvation for our times (the Holy Rosary and Our Blessed Mother.) :(

DeGaulle and Praetorian like this.
  8. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

It is horribly, horribly sad.
    I cannot believe what has happened to Ireland.
    It was one of the most faithful Catholic countries.
    :cry::cry::cry:

Sanctus and DeGaulle like this.
  9. garabandal

garabandal Powers

St Patrick pray for us.

Sanctus, DeGaulle and Praetorian like this.
  10. Rose

Rose New Member

I agree with all the above but I also think there are people in Ireland praying more fervently than ever. Some people amaze me with the hours they put in and with how fervently they pray,they go to Mass every day,Adoration every day and Rosaries every day and do corporal works of mercy. I'm sure they are quiet saints going about their business.

AED, Praetorian, AidanK and 2 others like this.
  11. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

One must take into account the gargantuan stupidity of most of these people. The ones that deserve most of the blame are those instigating the propaganda. These wretches put the ideas out there and the mob mentality does the rest.

I have read of estimations that approximately 20% of the population understand the issues under discussion in everyday discourse, with the remainder following those whom they consider to be dominating the argument. This would explain the influence of media propaganda, particularly among those who have no other source of information. It is also an indictment of the collapse of Church cathechesis, a phenomenon whose origin can be traced much further back than the abuse scandals. When I was in secondary school, about forty years ago, religion class was, with one honourable exception, just a form of civics class.

AidanK and Sanctus like this.
  12. SteveD

SteveD Angels

I don't know whether or not this has been linked on this thread but it is very instructive about the Irish situation. The many scandals relating to the seminary at Maynooth and its homosexual culture that seems to go on and on is so depressing. Good men being invited to leave and active homosexuals being ordained deacons and priests. If the Irish bishops are going to recruit all/most of their priests from 2% of the male population, they are going to be in real trouble very soon just from a numerical point of view, let alone the horrendous spiritual consequences.

DeGaulle likes this.
  13. Sanctus

14. Sanctus

It would seem like persecution is not far off in Ireland at the moment for Catholics, or perhaps it is already happening . RTE were reprimanded over blasphemous and derogatory comments about the Eucharist on the Late Late Show recently. Judging by some of the comments about Ash Wednesday and various other blasphemous comments about our faith on news sites etc. the Warning can't come quick enough to straighten a few people out (n)

DeGaulle likes this.
  15. SteveD

SteveD Angels

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04v1ghv

This is a link to a programme broadcast on the BBC World Service today about priests from Africa and Asia working in Ireland. It was disappointing to hear a Nigerian priest agree that another Nigerian priest had 'rushed to judgement' by telling Irish parishioners that same-sex 'marriage' was the work of the devil (which it clearly is). It was also depressing though informative to hear random interviewees say that they didn't go to Mass because of the scandals in which the Church has been involved. Worth a listen though.

16. Don_D

Don_D Angels

It is not just Ireland but the world over. This warning, do you think that people will even understand it? I am not optimistic. I pray that I am very wrong however I suspect that hearts will harden rather than soften as a result and that persecution will increase dramatically. Specifically within the Catholic church.

17. Sanctus

But didn't Conchita and the other visionaries from Garabadandal say that it would be indisputable that the warning is from God? That there would be no doubt in people's minds that it was from God? It seems unusual that it would make people harder rather than softer towards the faith. Or maybe I am being naive.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  18. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

There are those, many of them in power, who seem determinedly and deliberately set against God. It is not mere indifference nor ignorance. They may very well increase resistance in the face of a Warning and God is not going to oppose their freedom to reject Him. Nevertheless, in the event of a Warning given with clarity, I would be hopeful that the scales would fall from the eyes of the very many who have been deluded by the prevailing false narrative. If this happens, it will be vastly more difficult for the enemy to retain control. Certainly 'soft tyranny' will no longer be adequate for the purpose.

Sanctus likes this.
  19. Dolours

Dolours Powers

j k
    I didn't watch the video because I'm sick of all the anti-Catholic news. It will intensify in the run-up to the Citizen's committee (I can't remember the official name) issuing its recommendations for amending the Constitution. The recycled old anti-Catholic news is a means of silencing any Catholic voices being raised in opposition to the very likely recommendation to remove restrictions on abortion and to steer voters towards supporting the anti-life, anti-family agenda in the name of tolerance. The Committee can't change the Constitution. It was convened to spare politicians (from all parties) having to take a stand on controversial amendments because any proposed amendments will have to be put to a referendum of the people. Abortion will be included in a package of proposed amendments that will likely have cross-party support.

Maynooth is in the Dublin Archdiocese. After the most recent scandal of seminarians advertising on the gay dating website, the Archbishop of Dublin withdrew his seminarians from Maynooth and sent them to Rome. Bishops from other dioceses didn't withdraw their seminarians and Maynooth remained open with the usual promise that it would be improved. I was surprised that the Archbishop of Dublin hadn't closed the seminary but it turns out that it's a Pontifical seminary so perhaps he didn't have the authority to close it.

DeGaulle likes this.
  20. SteveD

SteveD Angels

Closing Maynooth would not have resolved the problem but merely transferred it to the Irish College in Rome. As it is, one of the most notorious users of a 'gay' dating website was removed by the Archbishop of Dublin and transferred to Rome. Rome is a hotbed of homosexual activity - so more of the 'infection' was transferred to the Irish College in Rome and at least one seminarian has been exposed to more temptation than that available in Dublin. Rather like sending a homosexual to Gomorrah from an outlying village, not wise. It is all a horrible mess and is a joke on Irish anti-Catholic websites.