1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

The Mother of God Forum

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by padraig, Oct 4, 2013.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

[​IMG]

Hi. As you see from our viewing figures on our portal we are having a very large influx of visitors at the moment our largest ever and I thought I would take this chance to welcome all you newbies to the forum, Our Lady's home . to welcome you here and explain a little about the site.

This is a loyal , Orthodox Catholic site established several years ago, very Marian in character.
    We have a special (but not exclusive) interest in all things spiritual, religious, mystical and Devotional and on private revelation and Marian sites. It has been going I suppose about 8 years..

It is a very friendly laid back non- confrontational place where I hope we dialogue more than argue, pray for each other more than fight. You are more than welcome to join in if you wish. or just read if you choose.

If I had to guess the influx to the site occurs because of the current domestic situation in the USA. The large majority of our members are from the USA , though we are Catholics from right across the globe.

You are in all our prayers at this fraught time.

[​IMG]

Mauricio, Genuflect, miker and 3 others like this.
  2. miker

miker Powers

How I long for a President like Reagan

picadillo likes this.
  3. padraig

padraig New Member

Perhaps the increased traffic on the forum is in itself a Sign?

4. padraig

padraig New Member

Sometimes I am asked some challenging questions about the forum.

For instance why do people leave the forum, especially after being on it for a long time?

Sometimes people simply do not give reasons for leaving so I simply do not know why they leave. But the biggest reason I am given is that folks find that the forum and internet is eating too much into their time ,especially their prayer life.

I think the internet is by its very nature very ephermeral, very subject to change. People have such a huge, huge choice out there. So many of our Catholic web sites are just superb. I think the internet makes us a bit like butterflies , or honey bees and we are inclined to wander about from site to site as the bee wanders from flower to flower.

I think this is natural and good. Equally it is wonderful that a kind of hard core nucleus stays on the forum, down the years. This gives us a hard a as rock foundation. But people will come and go, of course they will.

I have to say I personally get very,very fond of people in a very short time and so feel sad when they leave. But it is quite natural that this be so.

There are lots of flowers for the bees to go too.

[​IMG]

5. padraig

padraig New Member

As to fighting and arguing on the forum. Well in my experience this usually occurs much much less than in other places, including Catholic sites. I have found people here to be led back, kind and considerate and yes, even loving to each other. :)

But we are all sinners, all falling far short of the glory of God and this being so we are going to have bust ups.:D

The other side of this is , if we didn't care we wouldn't post and if we didn't care we would never argue.

So there is the other side of things.

I would have to say the comments I get about the Mother of God forum are overwhelmingly positive . But I acknowledge this is because of the presence on the Forum of the Mother of God rather than any human skills.

Long may it continue. Please remember the forum in your prayers.

sunburst likes this.
  6. Glenn

Glenn Powers Staff Member

Fear not my friend, I predict as the events of Garabandal unfold ( The Warning & Miracle ), like the Prodigal Son, many will come running back to stay informed.​

sunburst likes this.
  7. padraig

padraig New Member

I read an interesting thing lately from an Irish pilgrim to Medugorje , she said in the evening time as she passed a statue of Our Lady she saw the moon, blood red low in the sky and wondered why this would be so.

In face in Catholic tradition Mary is often represented by the moon and Came upon this passage quotes on the forum recently.

Book of Joel, Chapter 3:3-4: “And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come.”

This also fits in with the blood moons to come in 2014.

http://www.cogwriter.com/news/prophecy/does-the-blood-moon-predict-the-day-of-the-lord-in-2014/

It is so interesting because it ties sites like Garabandal back to Jewish Scripture prophesy of thousands of years ago.
    'Have you heard about the “blood moons” coming in 2014 and 2015?
    Might they herald an event of prophetic biblical significance?…
    On Passover 2014 the first of a series of mysterious astronomical events will occur that will have the whole world looking up at the night skies…
    When checking the schedule for eclipses, Biltz found two – one on Passover the next on the high holy day of Rosh Hashanah, the first day of the seventh Hebrew month. Two more take place in 2015, also on biblical “feast” days. http://www.wnd.com/2013/10/are-you-ready-for-2014-biblical-blood-moons/#S7jmGXUUVkEO7Yet.99'
    Yes. Not long now.​

[​IMG]

sunburst and Jon like this.
  8. padraig

padraig New Member

We are blessed too to have a Pope like we have at the moment. A lot of folks will freak out.

I don't think Francis will.;)

sunburst likes this.
  9. kathy k

kathy k Guest

Ah, what a gift he is! Just ran across this prayer he wrote for our Lady of Aparecida, when he visited her shrine during World Youth Day :

Mother Aparecida,
    today I feel like you once did
    before your God and mine,
    who proposes for our lives a mission
    whose contours and limits we ignore,
    whose demands we only glimpse.
    Yet in your faith that "nothing is impossible with God,"
    O Mother,
    you did not hesitate,
    and so I cannot hesitate.

"Behold the handmaid of the Lord! Let it be done unto me according to your word!"
    In this way, O Mother, like you,
    I embrace my mission.
    Into your hands I put my life
    and we will
    – you-mother and me-son –
    we will walk together,
    believe together,
    fight together,
    win together as your Son and you always walked together.

"Woman, behold your son! Son, behold your mother!"

Watch the video at the end of this article, and you will see how he loves her:

http://whispersintheloggia.blogspot.com/2013/10/mother-we-will-fight-together-we-will.html

10. padraig

padraig New Member

So childlike and devout.:)

I am not too sure I would like a camera stuck in my face like the Pope when I was Praying... these times are kind of personal.

I suppose it comes with the territory. But I would have been inclined to tell them to take a hike.;)

11. Fatima

Fatima Guest

Seems to me that the consecration that took place today was about making and preparing the world to know Mary, the mother of God, as much as it was about consecrating the world to her Immaculate Heart. It is as if an introduction to our Lady of Fatima will prepare for the next most important step, that is to consecrate Russia to her Immaculate Heart, as has been her desire now for 96 1/2 years. This must be his next great moment.

12. Mario

Mario Powers

Padraig,

Too many in the Church are looking for the Pope to conform to their spirituality and/or Catholic priorities. We need to appreciate Francis for who he is and look forward to what the Holy Spirit shall accomplish through him. With Our Lady at his side, the Church can only move forward.

Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!

13. padraig

padraig New Member

He is challenging alright Terry. But I think of Scripture

Isaiah 11:6

The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them.

[​IMG]