1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

The (Jesuit) Church of the Future

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by Dolours, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Dolours

Dolours Powers

That kind of tourism is on the increase. I wouldn't be surprised to see our Tourist Board marketing spirituality tourism. "Never mind the weather - come chat with your ancestors".

2. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

How about a slogan: "Get unhinged at Stonehenge!"

Dolours likes this.
  3. Dolours

Dolours Powers

I like that.

I smiled, too, when I heard Fr. Rohr extolling Celtic spirituality and blaming Rome for its demise. He had been so impressed by the celtic carvings on Iona's high crosses. There might not have been an abbey on Iona had not St. Colmcille been banished by the Irish bishops after he went to battle with St. Finnian over a book. I don't think St. Columba would have been a good spiritual buddy either because he got himself thrown out of Burgundy for telling the prince he ought to marry his mistress rather than fathering children with her out of wedlock. (It was one of St. Columba's monks who founded the now infamous St. Gallen in Switzerland).

HeavenlyHosts and DeGaulle like this.
  4. Mary's child

Mary's child Archangels

He is all fluff and has no real solid truth to back up his statements, leading many to confusion.

5. AED

AED Powers

What would St Frsncis say to that? Better yet Padre Pio. Would love to hear him on minority spirituality.

HeavenlyHosts and DeGaulle like this.
  6. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Didn't you know that St. Francis showed himself to be a Cosmic Christ man when he called the sun and moon his siblings? He was also our first ecologist and would have led the campaign against man-made global warming/cooling/climate change. All that remarried without an annulment and gender identity stuff was covered by real Catholic spirituality until those white, celibate, European men took control.

DeGaulle likes this.
  7. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

Dead wrong! The clue is in 'brother sun and sister moon'. That St. Francis was a binary (isn't that the expression?) trans-phobe. Nowadays, it's 'sister sun and brother moon'. But only sometimes. Other days, they could be elsewhere along the LGBTQUERTY spectrum. Maybe this is what's causing climate change.

Goodness, how easy it is to go 'bats@#t crazy' (crude and vulgar, but it seems the most apt, for some reason), if one disconnects from the anchor of Truth.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  8. Dolours

Dolours Powers

He comes across as the spiritual wing of the Catholic Spring crowd. Looks like the Franciscans are as bad as the Jesuits. I suppose the Order gets a slice of the income from his ministry/apostolate/foundation or whatever he calls it. Sad, really, that they don't have enough trust in God to deliver labourers for the vineyard if they present the Faith unadulterated. Going the New Age direction will leave them very lonely in their old age. I'm amazed that nobody on Iona put Fr. Rohr straight about the "Celtic Spirituality" nonsense. Maybe they tried and failed.

DeGaulle likes this.