The Great Monarch and the Holy Pope

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by Carol55, Jun 24, 2017.

?

Do you believe in the prophecy of the Great Monarch and the Holy Pope?

1. Yes

61.4%
  2. No

10.5%
  3. Uncertain

28.1%
  1. Macadamia

Macadamia Guest

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Incidentally, I meant to write in the first post, the name Henry is titular - it represents a title like Home Rule and 'Henryc' is a phonetic spelling of 'Heinrich'
    https://www.behindthename.com/name/henry

The GM is also called a Son of St Louis and an heir of Pepin in various places.

Thus, I think that many of the names given to this person indicate their situation/ personality/ location/history rather then simply being their actual name.

Praetorian and Carol55 like this.
  2. Dolours

Dolours Guest

Welcome from me too.

Could mounting his horse from the wrong side mean that he is a convert, not necessarily from a different faith but perhaps he starts out lukewarm and something happens to bring about a change in him?

Also, The Netherlands appears to be the most likely land between the Rhine and the North Sea. Although there are no very high mountains in the NL, their highest peak (the Vaalserberg) borders Belgium and Germany and at one time was a part of the Prussian-Rhine province. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaalserberg

3. Macadamia

Macadamia Guest

Many thanks.

Of course, 'mounting his horse from the wrong side' could have multiple meanings and likely it does.
    Personally, I think one of those meanings obliquely refers to him as coming from the UK; ie enters his car (horse) on the opposite side to the rest of the EU.

Sorry, I'll just add to this....
    'Starts out lukewarm..' - this I agree with because I think the 'limp/impeded foot/sinew of his hip' is a reference to doubt and struggle with faith as with Jacob.

'..between the Rhine and the North Sea..' is where the European parliamnet is..... see?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2017
  4. Dolours

Dolours Guest

It's the Irish in me that related mounting his horse on the wrong side to being a convert. Years ago, before the PC "Enlightenment" here, Protestants might have been referred to as "kicking with the left foot" or "kicking with the other foot".

That makes sense although I wouldn't have associated Belgium with being the Enlightened Nation.

Praetorian likes this.
  5. Macadamia

Macadamia Guest

To be clear, I think this person will emerge from the UK via the EU parliament, thus he will be 'king of the Franks' and 'pious king over Spain' and 'King of France' and an 'Emperor' all at once.

I recall reading somewhere that I now cannot source that he was born both 'in exile' and 'at the confluence of 3 rivers'..... does anyone have any background/sources on those half-remembered lines?

Vouthon likes this.
  6. Dolours

Dolours Guest

Not if Brexit becomes a reality. Perhaps he will be a Judge on the European Court.

7. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

I found part of the answer to your question through a Google search: http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/profecias/esp_profecia01c3a.htm
    Maybe Ven. Barthalomew Holzhauser:

"When everything has been ruined by war; when Catholics are hard pressed by traitorous co-religionists and heretics; when the Church and her servants are denied their rights, the monarchies have been abolished and their rulers murdered... Then the Hand of Almighty God will work a marvelous change, something apparently impossible according to human understanding. There will rise a valiant monarch anointed by God. He will be a Catholic, a descendant of Louis IX, yet a descendant of an ancient imperial German family, born in exile. He will rule supreme in temporal matters. The Pope will rule supreme in spiritual matters at the same time. Persecution will cease and justice shall rule. Religion seems to be suppressed, but by the changes of entire kingdoms it will be made more firm."

This confirms what I was wondering about one person as the Great Monarch or several, also from Ven. Barthalomew Holzhauser:

"The Lord will give good pastors to the Church. Men will live in peace, each in his own field. They will be reconciled with the one God. They will live in the shadow of the powerful Monarch and of his successors."

PS - That link above has several prophecy from European prophets, select Go Back or http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/profecias/esp_profecia01c1a.htm#top . I have lots of reading to do.

PPS- I am still hoping that Vouthon will return with more information about Saint Hildegard. He appeared to have reliable information, as opposed to what my random searches uncover.

I also found the following link on a search, they mention some books which may be good on this subject. It happens to be a Garabandal site: http://www.greatwarning.com/search/label/Great Monarch

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    Dolours likes this.
  8. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

And welcome from me as well!
    Lots of interesting thoughts you have brought to the fore. Thanks for the contributions!

9. Jarg

Jarg Archangels

Sorry I am not very acquainted with this thread and what has been posted before, but when I read 'ancient imperial German family' and descedants of Louis IX I thought of the Grand Duke of Luxembourg, Henri. He is from the reigning house of Nassau-Weilburg, a german family that married the Bourbon Parma family in the early 20th century.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourbon_family_tree

Carol55 likes this.
  10. Macadamia

Macadamia Guest

Hi Jarg, thanks for the reply.

I am minded to think that this person is not 'royal' in the Royal sense, merely elected.
    Some other 'prophecies' (I'll use that in brackets until Vouthon returns and puts us straight!) indicate that he will be a 'very poor man' who will be lifted by god 'after a long series of disappointments'.
    To me, this doesnt sound like a actual Grand Duke - but I may be wrong.

With that in mind, and I know its a stretch, but couldnt the head of the EU parliament (based in Luxembourg) be counted as a 'Duke'?

I would add to my earlier comments that, in days of old, Roman and European Emperors were elected.

Heres a fun question, to which I have an answer but I'd love to hear what others think first;
    There is a supposed 'prophecy' about either the AC or the GM (I cant recall which!) which says 'he will be at war until he is forty'. What does that mean?[/I]

11. Macadamia

Macadamia Guest

Heres the 'White Flower' btw.
    Its the Flag of Brussels.....
    [​IMG]

Booklady and Carol55 like this.
  12. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

"The Great Monarch will be at war till the age of forty." (Cataldus)

I have thought about that particular statement. At first I thought that it may mean that by the time he is 40 he would then lay down his scepter on Mt. Olives, where he seems to die and then the AC would have the rule of the land. Then, I read prophecies that state that he will be an old man when he dies. There is another prophecy which states that he will be religious in his childhood, then fallen away from Christ and then he returns. So, I have wondered if "at war until he is 40", references a spiritual war.

"In his childhood he will be like a saint; in his youth a great sinner; then he will be converted entirely to God and will do great penance; his sins shall be forgiven him, and he shall become a great saint." (St. Francis of Paola, 15th Century)

To add to my confusion, I found a prophecy above from Holzhauser which makes me wonder if he will in fact have successors? Maybe he does but his successors do not have the following that the AC will have? So, only one Great Monarch? This is what Ven. Holzhauser's 6th age eludes to.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  13. Always another "take" on the topic: (including the laying down of the crown in Jerusalem)

The earliest reference to a prophecy of the coming of a Great Monarch who would establish an era of peace before the coming of the Antichrist is to be found in the Latin version of the Tiburtine Sibyl (which is estimated by scholars to date anywhere between the 4th to 7th centuries AD). The Latin Tiburtine Sibyl models this Last World Emperor after Constantine the Great - who established Christianity as the dominant religion of the Roman Empire:

Then will arise a king of the Greeks whose name is Constans. He will be king of the Romans and the Greeks. He will be tall of stature, of handsome appearance with shining face, and well put together in all parts of his body. His reign will be ended after one hundred and twelve years. In those days there will be great riches and the earth will give fruit abundantly so that a measure of wheat will be sold for a denarius, a measure of wine for a denarius, and a measure of oil for a denarius. The king will have a text before his eyes that says: "The king of the Romans will claim the whole Christian empire for himself." He will devastate all the islands and the cities of the pagans and will destroy all idolatrous temples; he will call all pagans to baptism and in every temple the Cross of Christ will be erected. "Then Egypt and Ethiopia will be eager to stretch their hands to God." ~ Whoever does not adore the Cross of Jesus Christ will be punished by the sword. When the one hundred and twelve years have been completed, the Jews will be converted to the Lord, and "his sepulchre will be glorified by all." In those days Judah will be saved and Israel will dwell with confidence. At that time the Prince of Iniquity who will be called Antichrist will arise from the tribe of Dan. He will be the Son of Perdition, the head of pride, the master of error, the fullness of malice who will overturn the world and do wonders and great signs through dissimulation. He will delude many by magic art so that fire will seem to come down from heaven. The years will be shortened like months, the months like weeks, the weeks like days, the days like hours, and an hour like a moment. The unclean nations that Alexander, the Indian king, shut up (i.e., Gog and Magog) will arise from the North. These are the twenty-two realms whose number is like the sand of the sea. When the king of the Romans hears of this he will call his army together and vanquish and utterly destroy them. After this he will come to Jerusalem, and having put off the diadem from his head and laid aside the whole imperial garb, he will hand over the empire of the Christians to God the Father and to Jesus Christ his Son. When the Roman empire shall have ceased, then the Antichrist will be openly revealed and will sit in the House of the Lord in Jerusalem. While he is reigning, two very famous men, Elijah and Enoch, will go forth to announce the coming of the Lord. Antichrist will kill them and after three days they will be raised up by the Lord. Then there will be a great persecution, such as has not been before nor shall be thereafter. The Lord will shorten those days for the sake of the elect, and the Antichrist will be slain by the power of God through Michael the Archangel on the Mount of Olives.

In a strong echo to the Two Witnesses of Rev 11, other early prophecies of the Great Monarch (such as that of Pseudo-Methodius composed circa 7th century AD) also suggest that the Great Monarch would end his reign in Jerusalem:

More: http://unveilingtheapocalypse.blogspot.com/2011/09/great-monarch.html

Carol55 likes this.
  14. Macadamia

Macadamia Guest

The reason I asked that question is to find out how others think about these writings.
    Your juxtaposition of Cataldus and Francis de Paola gives great insight.

My own thinking was 'what does it not mean?' ( I have some training in the art of thinking, so I have an unfair advantage here!)
    Well, it could also be read as The Great Monarch will not be at peace till the age of forty.
    That would dovetail with your quote from St Francis but give us an insight into his character, would it not?

(Indeed there is; where do the 12 stars appear? So... where is 'Israel' and where is 'Jerusalem'?)

(IMO -Tiburtine Sibyls, while not Catholic, if quoted correctly are good sources.)

The Germans call him Charles le Magne, the Welsh; Conan Meriadoc.

15. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

Not at peace, spiritually, morally. That is what I meant, you also, correct?

Now, let's take your idea of the EU. Will it fit that the EU was "not at peace" until 40? The EU was formally established in 1993 (see below). So in the year, 2033 the EU would be at peace. Maybe the GM is not a person but the EU itself. I need to think this out some more, it is a stretch for me right now. Then the limp and mounting his horse, etc. doesn't really fit so well. Unless, the Monarch itself is the EU and the great leader is yet to be seen. So at the EU's 112th anniversary, which would be the year 2105 (possibly), the AC rules?

(2033 is an interesting number, IMO).

That's the City of Brussel's flag, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brussels and the EU's flag looks like a crown of 12 stars (I've been trying to figure out how that fits in, hmmm). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union The European Union was formally established when the Maastricht Treaty—whose main architects were Helmut Kohl and François Mitterrand—came into force on 1 November 1993.

Ok, you are a good thinker.

TY! That is the prophecy that I was looking for which appears to point to a long reign for the Great Monarch.

PS - I like puzzles...

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    Vouthon likes this.
  16. I've sorta taken the "age" mentioned for the GM as meaning that things won't be ripe for him to have doors open to him for his grand purpose until around that age. There have been mentioned recently some "suitors" for that monarchy connection as being around that age....42, 43!

And with the New Jerusalem arriving for the New Era it could allow for a "type" of warrior king/monarch to be able to lay down his symbols of war and authority at that point and, with the final act of that mission/assignment having taken place, come back to rule in the New Era for the many years promised to those who will no longer be effected by the limited # of years expected in the former defective humanity/world! It is said that there will be the resurrection of many who gave their lives during the persecution and they will live in this Era of Peace! And it will still be in need of the order as deigned by the Creator in order to live in the Divine Will.

17. Vouthon

Vouthon Angels

Hello Macadamia,

Thank you for your posts - looks like I have a lot of catching up to do! You have brought some very interesting issues to the table here.

As to your question of of why now to bring my study of these prophecies forward, I'm not entirely sure. I've been researching them for years and I simply felt that this was an appropriate time to help others who are interested in this area to better distinguish authentic prophecies from unauthenticated or corrupted texts and both of these from those deriving from folklore (which is not without value).

More than this, you have actually given voice to something that I have long been thinking myself but have not, thus far, expressed openly for fear that folks might take it the wrong way: the idea being that the so-called "Great Monarch" is best understood, in the modern context, as assuming leadership of the European Union at some stage in the future - how long one cannot gauge - and thereby fulfilling all the various prophetic criteria linking him to the "royalty" of a host of European houses. There is a lot more information I have which strengthens this idea that the EU has a role to play in this.

You are the first person I have encountered who has come to this judgement, obviously independent of me since I have never explicitly voiced this idea in public.

I'm not certain that he would be from Britain - France or Germany could actually be more likely, I think, given their explicit genesis in the medieval Kingdom of the Franks under Charlemagne - but I'll grant that the credible prophecies do afford a special providential significance to the British Isles in terms of setting in motion the Second Pentecost. What this might be, I'm not entirely certain.

The idea that the EU may help to fulfil these prophecies by acting as the vehicle which facilitates the rise of the GM could at first strike people as distinctly odd or even way off the mark, until one understands how the EU came to be.

Quite simply, the idea for a "European Union" arose from post-World War II Catholic politicians and their inspiration stemmed from the words of Ven. Pope Pius XII. One has to wonder why Pope Pius XII was so fixated with the idea of transforming continental Europe into a single federal polity. He was a genius, as I'm sure we can all agree, and it did not arise from mere idealism on his part.

Why do you think the European Founding Fathers chose the Capitoline Hill in Rome as the place to sign the founding treaty of the EU in 1957? Why is the international award granted in honour of efforts towards deeper European integration called "the Charlemagne Prize"?

See:

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...page&q&f=false

"...The signing of the Treaty of Rome establishing the Common Market on March 25 1957 soon became an iconic moment for the new Europe, on par with the Schuman Declaration. These Treaties were the obvious crowning glory of Christian Democratic politicians...Seven of the twelve signatories of the Treaty of Rome were Christian Democrats. Other political groups were also backing the community method of integration, if not the Christian Democratic ideology underwriting it...

For appropriate symbolism, the Six leaders could have chosen democratic Paris, disputed Strasbourg, or even Charlemagne's Aachen as venues to sign these historic documents. Instead, they picked Rome, in particular the Capitoline Hill, the most famous of the Seven Hills, in a place designed by Michaelangelo and commissioned by Pope Paul III for the expected visit of Emperor Charles V in 1538. This was the Rome of Julius Caesar, Caesar Augustus and Charlemagne - the Rome of the Popes, the place where Europe's greatest cultural achievements were displayed at every turn. Signing at Rome evoked more than two millennia of European history, putting the emerging European Union in the line of the great unifies of the Latin West. Rome symbolized a United Europe now on it's way to reclaiming global leadership.

Another symbol of identity drew on medieval unity...an international prize named the "Charlemagne Prize of the City of Aachen"..."

See also:

http://www.christiansinpolitics.org....ots-of-the-eu/

Even in the midst of the Second World War, people were already trying to envisage what the future of Europe would be and how peace could be maintained to prevent further atrocities, and this discussion became even more important after the war was brought to a conclusion with the Allied victory.

At the heart of this debate were Christians, who were inspired by their faith to get involved in the debate, and help to shape a Europe built on Christian values. The shared faith of Robert Schuman (the French Prime Minister and later Foreign Minister), Konrad Adenauer (the Chancellor of West Germany) and Alcide de Gasperi (the Italian Prime Minister), who were all Catholics, meant that they were able to build up a level of trust and respect that enabled them to create a meaningful peace in Europe, and take steps towards the foundation of the European Union.

Indeed, these three, who are considered to be some of the ‘Founding Fathers of the EU’, all shared a prayer retreat together in a Benedictine Monastery on the Rhine before signing the Treaty of Paris in 1951, the treaty which set up the European Coal and Steel Community, a precursor to the European Economic Community. In particular, Robert Schuman, whose famous Declaration on 9th May 1950 has been seen by many as the genesis of the European project, believed that the rebuilding of the European community would only be possible if it was “deeply rooted in basic Christian values”. It was some of these values which would have a profound impact on the establishment of the EU, and were essential to maintaining peace in Europe.

Jarg and Carol55 like this.
  18. Vouthon

Vouthon Angels

Some slight corrections to your chronology of the EU, if I may.

The EU has an unwritten constitution codified in two international treaties: The Treaty of Rome signed in Italy in 1957 on the Capitlone Hill (now officially named "The Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union"), which laid out its basic institutional structure; and the Treaty of Maastricht signed in the Netherlands in 1992 (and now called "The Treaty on the European Union) which re-named what had been the European Community the "EU" and provided it with its modern layout, including the law on the monetary union which would come into play in 1999.

To understand the EU, one needs to thus understand two critical decades in its evolution: the 1950s, after the defeat of Nazism in the Second World War, and the 1990s, after the defeat of Communism with the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991, with the EU finally coming into proper existence the following year - completing the process towards European Union that had been set in motion in the years 1950 - 1957.

It's capital from the very beginning in the 1950s has always been Brussels.

See:

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=7VDcmDeLuV4C&pg=PA1216&dq=L%27+ OSSERVATORE+ROMANO+of+27+March+1957+hail ed+the+treaties+of+Rome+as+"the+most+imp ortant+and&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwicp_b9o 7jRAhVoKsAKHdtsA9kQ6AEIHDAA#v=onepage&q= L'%20OSSERVATORE%20ROMANO%20of%2027%20Ma rch%201957%20hailed%20the%20treaties%20o f%20Rome%20as%20%22the%20most%20importan t%20and&f=false

Quote:

"...L' OSSERVATORE ROMANO (the official Vatican newspaper) of 27 March 1957 hailed the Treaty of Rome as "the most important and significant political event in the modern history of the Eternal City".

For the Holy See it was the culminating point of a process that, according to Cardinal Frings's words, had seen Pius XII committed to "achieving practical and replicable objectives in the unification of Europe". He was referring to a speech given in the second post war period: in 1948, the pope took an explicit position in favour of European unity, knowing that he could also rely on the support of the Catholic ruling classes.

Within the framework of the West, European unification represented for the pope one step toward the realization of an international order based on the Christian message, which he had proclaimed since the war. In 1957 Pius XII had declared, "We must build in Europe...a vast and solid majority of federalists, to sustain the principles of a healthy federalism."
    ..."

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  19. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

That was tough for me, I used the monetary union of 1999 as the formation year but I changed it before my 60 mins. of editing time was up to 1993, a date I got from good old wiki..., lol. Is that a reasonable date now? TY!

By George, I think we've got it, maybe? or I should say that Macadamia may have gotten it.

Vouthon likes this.
  20. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

Vouthon, Great to see you again!