1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

The evil in me

Discussion in 'The mystical and Paranormal' started by garabandal, Jan 7, 2018.

1. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Conversion is no easy thing - we need to cooperate with Divine grace in order to become instruments of God and surrender to the Divine will.

Conversion is a continuous process until the day we die.

In fact conversion is a form of dying - dying to self, a purgation of ego.

Looking back I can see that I allowed the seeds of evil to sprout within me
    pride, lust, anger --

These weeds grow when not uprooted. If unattended they darken the soul and the intellect

Conversion means to get at the root of the sins and to allow God to replace them with the flowers of virtue

The longer we delay conversion then the more difficult it is to replace vice with virtue

When the weed of anger is uprooted the void must be replaced by the virtue of patience

Our soul is like a garden - we must constantly attend to it to allow it to flourish

We need to keep uprooting the weeds of sin and cultivate the virtues in their place

When we consecrate our lives to our Lady this means the garden now belongs to her and we are fenced within her loving protection

sterph, Tanker, Patty and 5 others like this.
  2. AED

AED Powers

This is SO well said. Thankyou.

3. sparrow

sparrow Archangels

Simple yet profound! Thanks garabandal :D

4. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Thanks AED and Sparrow

This is still a time of grace and conversion.

How glad I am God visited me with the dark night of the soul on St Stephen's Day 2004.

It has taken me 13 years from that point to fully convert and get rid of all serious sin in my life.

I can now understand why our Lady said that after the 3rd secret of Medjugorje (the permanent sign) that there will be little time for conversion
    as I assume the tribulations will begin and come rapidly.

Conversion for sinners (like me) takes years since through grace we have to uproot stubborn sins and replace them with virtue.

I boast only of the mercy and grace of God that has led me to this point.

There is nothing good in me that does not come from God.

sterph, josephite and sparrow like this.
  5. Mario

Mario Powers

Praise God you have been like clay in the hand of the potter- better than I. In my walk, my soul has been more like an onion: peal away one skin, or area of sin, and there has always been another skin to replace it. I honestly believe the pace of my spiritual growth has slowed to that of a snail. To yield to the hand of the Potter is crucial, but too often I attempt to forestall the timetable for Divine surgery. Why? Because often the item God wants to amputate is benign and not sinful in itself. It is a part of my life God wishes to purify through my cooperation (i.e. self-denial, penance, fasting). But I resist because it is enjoyable and not objectively sinful. Yet my delay becomes an act of rebellion in itself. I have yet to embrace the great truth of Paul:

I want to...share in His sufferings, becoming like Him in His death.

Mea culpa!

Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!

6. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I can identify
    I started saying the Novena of Abandonment posted by Blizzard on the recent prayer requests thread
    I kick and scream whenever I think God will do a more painful surgery than I am willing
    To undergo
    I am not in control anyway
    So why do I still think I am?
    Lol

AED, sterph and sparrow like this.
  7. AED

AED Powers

Mario I could have written this! You are describing my struggle too.

HeavenlyHosts and sterph like this.