1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

The Era of Peace & Living in the Divine Will

Discussion in 'The mystical and Paranormal' started by Fatima, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Fatima

Fatima Powers

"The most authoritative view, and the one that appears to be most in harmony with Holy Scripture, is that, after the fall of the Antichrist, the Catholic Church will once again enter upon a period of prosperity and triumph".The End of the Present World and the Mysteries of the Future Life, Fr. Charles Arminjon (1824-1885), p. 56-57; Sophia Institute Press St. Therese of Lisieux stated: "Reading this book was one of the greatest graces of my life"

[John Paul II] does indeed cherish a great expectation that the millennium of divisions will be followed by a millennium of unifications… that all the catastrophes of our century, all its tears, as the Pope says, will be caught up at the end and turned into a new beginning. —Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger (POPE BENEDICT XVI), Salt of the Earth, An Interview With Peter Seewald, p. 237

After purification through trial and suffering, the dawn of a new era is about to break. —POPE ST. JOHN PAUL II, General Audience, September 10, 2003

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  2. Fatima

Fatima Powers

And more from the Church Father's that was requested

"We do confess that a kingdom is promised to us upon the earth, although before heaven, only in another state of existence; inasmuch as it will be after the resurrection for a thousand years in the divinely-built city of Jerusalem"…
    —Tertullian (155–240 A.D.), Nicene Church Father; Adversus Marcion, Ante-Nicene Fathers, Henrickson Publishers, 1995, Vol. 3, pp. 342-343)

"A man among us named John, one of Christ’s Apostles, received and foretold that the followers of Christ would dwell in Jerusalem for a thousand years, and that afterwards the universal and, in short, everlasting resurrection and judgment would take place". —St. Justin Martyr, Dialogue with Trypho, Ch. 81, The Fathers of the Church, Christian Heritage

3. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Our Lady of Fatima did not, in any way, say anything about the antichrist coming after the Era of Peace. Not sure where that came from.

4. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Message to Jennifer
    www.wordsfromjesus.com

10/03
    8:15 AM
    My child, many today are living their own ways instead of Mine. If you are not living the Commandments, then your ways are not acceptable to
    Me. Look around you, My people, you see the amount of people living together outside of marriage and they are causing each others soul to become in danger by their own selfish desires. So many say that they love each other, that is why
    they cannot wait until marriage.

But, My people, if you truly love one another then you would respect another’s soul to wait until marriage. When this time of purification comes, you will see
    everything, all the beauty and goodness that I see along with all the filth that I see. For many the sight of their own soul will cause them to go running back
    and to repent, but there will still be some that will continue down the same path of selfishness and sinfulness.

My child, when you see the sign appear in the sky all will know that I exist and will see the wounds they have added to My Most Sacred Heart. This world, with its lack of respect for life and lack of respect for the body, is causing My wounds to bleed profusely. My child, when you see your loved ones mock and criticize you for following Me, continue to focus on the cross. Remember, My child, it is because of their selfishness and laziness that their souls have become in danger. It is by your willingness to suffer that they may one day see the kingdom. Heaven is a place for those who are willing to put this world aside and
    fulfill their mission. Only the purest of heart may enter the kingdom of heaven.

My people, your time is now to prepare because the coming of the antichrist is near. My people, you are not to even look at the eyes of the antichrist for his eyes have such power that you may fall for his evil plans. Only I can help you continue your journey to heaven for without Me you have nothing.

My people, the time is coming when you will need to gather your families and help one another and many of My faithful will be persecuted. You will need to
    go to your places of refuge and I will provide you with My Heavenly Manna. You must begin now to cleanse and prepare your soul.

My people, you will continue to see many devastating storms and earthquakes and this earth will continue to tremble because of man’s sinfulness. Do not
    continue to ignore My pleas, dear people, for you do not know when it will be your hour of judgment.

My people, go out and witness to the world that I truly exist for you cannot hide your faith. If you truly love Me and want to pick up your cross and follow Me, then you must be willing to speak the truth. Do not wait until I shake this earth because for many it will be too late.

My people, I cannot warn you enough how crucial this time truly is. Now go forth, My people, and assist Me now. My child, continue to tell My chosen sons that this is the hour of preparation and continue to share with them these messages. Now go forth and have peace and remember I am Jesus and I am with you every time you share these words.

Patty likes this.
  5. Fatima

Fatima Powers

In Verne's message from 11/6/07 reads: "After the warning, there will only be a short time given to mankind to repent. If no repentance is done, I will allow Satan and the Antichrist to chastise a sinful generation. At this time, many faithful will be: called home, persecuted, martyred, and taken to my refuges".

11/3/07 Your nation is ripe for the wine press of the wrath of God. I will allow the man of sin to take over your nation, if no repentance is done. Take heed my people to my warnings. I warn you today and I will warn you again during the illumination of conscience. At that time you will know the truth. Reject my merciful warning and you will be seduced by the father of lies, Satan himself. Your nation will then be submitted to the great trial. But those of my chosen people who: trust in me 100%, obey my commandments and are consecrated both to my sacred heart and my blessed Mother’s Immaculate Heart will be protected and gain entrance to my kingdom. For I the Lord prophesy to you again: After the warning, there will be only one Holy Catholic Church. All other denominations will know the truth. There will be no excuse for division. Those who reject my church will be rejecting the head of the church: Jesus Christ.

6. Fatima

Fatima Powers

"Whereas people had previously spoken only of a twofold coming of Christ—once in Bethlehem and again at the end of timeSaint Bernard of Clairvaux spoke of an adventus medius, an intermediate coming, thanks to which he periodically renews his intervention in history. I believe that Bernard’s distinction strikes just the right note". —POPE BENEDICT XVI, Light of the World, p.182-183, A Conversation With Peter Seewald

Patty and Heidi like this.
  7. Fatima

Fatima Powers

My people, your time is now to prepare because the coming of the antichrist is near… You will be grazed and numbered like sheep by the authorities who work for this false messiah. Do not allow yourself to be counted among them for you are then allowing yourself to fall into this evil trap. It is I Jesus who is your true Messiah and I do not number My sheep because your Shepherd knows you each by name. —August 10th, 2003, March 18th, 2004; wordsfromjesus.com

Patty likes this.
  8. Fatima

Fatima Powers

…as if it were a fit thing that the saints should thus enjoy a kind of Sabbath-rest during that period [of a “thousand years”], a holy leisure after the labors of six thousand years since man was created… [and] there should follow on the completion of six thousand years, as of six
    days, a kind of seventh-day Sabbath in the succeeding thousand years… And this opinion would not be objectionable, if it were believed that the joys of the saints, in that Sabbath, shall be spiritual, and consequent on the presence of God… —St. Augustine of Hippo (354-430 A.D.; Church Doctor), De Civitate Dei, Bk. XX, Ch. 7, Catholic University of America Presss

"Yes, a miracle was promised at Fatima, the greatest miracle in the history of the world, second only to the Resurrection. And that miracle
    will be an era of peace which has never really been granted before to the world". —Mario Luigi Cardinal Ciappi, Pope John Paul II private theologian October 9th, 1994;

9. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

You are leaving out the "interim coming" of Christ in the next Era, of living in the Divine Will. This MUST occur in order to fulfill the prayer of the Our Father. We pray for that as well in the prayer to the Holy Spirit asking Him to come in order to "send forth His Spirit and WE shall be re-created and Thou shalt renew the face of the EARTH". That must be a period after the purification of the earth and its people and thus prior to the END of the earth.

There will be a resurrection of the just in those who have been tested in fire and died for their Faith during the persecution/purification in order to live in the next Era of the Divine Will as is prayed for in the Our Father..."Thy will be done ON EARTH as it is IN HEAVEN". Thus it must be lived ON EARTH prior to the end of the world and the final judgement.....AFTER the time that Satan is chained.....BEFORE he is released to return and tempt until time is up and the world ends for the final judgement. Thus the AC will appear in order to conduct this major persecution of the faithful prior to the next Era of the interim coming of Christ....or Eucharistic era, fulfilling the Divine Will. It is the spiritual coming of Christ to live within men.

St. Bernard of Clairvaux, in his "Sermo 5, Adventu Domini" clearly speaks of another coming of Christ which he places between the first in the flesh (Christmas) and the final coming in glory for the Last Judgment. He calls this middle coming the "Intermediate Coming".

"We know that there are three comings of the Lord. The third lies between the other two. It is invisible, while the other two are visible. In the first coming, He was seen on earth, dwelling among men…In the final coming, "all flesh will see the salvation of our God, and they will look upon Him whom they have pierced." The intermediate coming is a hidden one; in it only the elect will see the Lord within their own selves, and they are saved. In His first coming, our Lord came in the flesh and in our weakness; in this middle coming, He is our rest and consolation. In case someone should think that this middle coming is sheer invention, listen to what our Lord himself says: "If anyone loves me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We will come to him."

What this "interim coming" or living in the Divine Will fulfillment of the Our Father will be like while Satan is chained (better than the original garden with the preternatural gifts due to the fact that Satan will not be around to tempt for a period of time):

Our Lady's message to Fr. Gobbi #435 b-f - I Reveal My Secret - Anniversary of the Last Apparition of Fatima, October 13, 1990:

"Today I announce to you that there is about to be born the new Church of light, which my son Jesus is forming for Himself in every part of the earth, so that it will be ready to receive Him, with faith and with joy, in the proximate moment of His second coming. The glorious reign of Christ, which will be established in your midst, with the second coming of Jesus in the world, is close at hand. This is His return in glory. This is His glorious return, to establish His reign in your midst and to bring all humanity, redeemed by His most precious blood, back to the state of His new terrestrial paradise.

That which is being prepared is so great that its equal has never existed since the creation of the world. Prepare yourselves with humility, with faith, with intense prayer. Prepare yourselves by gathering together, each and all, in the spiritual cenacle of my Immaculate heart. Prepare yourselves in silence and in expectation.

I reveal my secret only to the hearts of the little, the simple and the poor, because it is being accepted and believed by them. For this, Jesus is working powerfully in these times, to prepare His coming in the lives of the simple, the poor, the pure, the little.

*With a small number of these children, the Lord will soon restore on earth His glorious reign of love, of holiness and of peace."

Patty likes this.
  10. Heidi

Heidi Archangels

I will look for them when I have time.....thanks for providing those that you did.

11. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

If you read Fr. Iannuzzi he speaks of the AC before the next Era or Eucharistic age, and then an AC (remember this is the force of evil, personified, that fights the faithful to set himself up for worship rather than God) again before the end of the world and the last judgement when Satan and all evil will be sent to the lowest depths for all eternity. It's quite logical since the evil tempters/spirits who are chained for the "1000" years during the Era of Peace or Divine Will, after the triumph of the Immaculate Heart, are then released to attack again and act in the same way then that they know, as is being done now at the end of our current era.

12. garabandal

garabandal Powers

If you read my post carefully you will note that I refer to Fatima as supporting an era of peace.

Neither Fatima, Garabandal nor Medjugorje mention the anti-Christ.

The Holy Scriptures imply that the anti-Christ (the iniquitous one) will be destroyed on the second coming of Christ:
    [2 Thessalonians]
    {2:8} And then that iniquitous one shall be revealed, the one whom the Lord Jesus shall bring to ruin with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy at the brightness of his return.

So can I ask how do you interpret the above Holy Scriptures?

josephite likes this.
  13. garabandal

garabandal Powers

There cannot be 2 anti-Christs.

Scriptures and the Church Father's speak of the anti-Christ.

Of course many have and will oppose Christ over the course of history and are anti-christ in their own way.

josephite likes this.
  14. garabandal

garabandal Powers

I believe in an era of peace as predicted at Fatima - the triumph of the Immaculate Heart of Mary (Eucharistic reign of Christ).

But I believe the anti-Christ must come after the era of peace since the Church Father's and Holy Scriptures speak of Christ destroying the anti-Christ at his second and final coming.

josephite likes this.
  15. garabandal

garabandal Powers

The Church Fathers speak of the anti-Christ coming at the end of the world.

Scriptures also state that the anti-Christ is destroyed when Christ comes again at his second and final coming.

As a result I believe the anti-Christ comes after the period of peace.

I believe that this is a reasonable viewpoint and one that I will continue to hold primarily because the Church Father's taught that the anti-Christ comes at the end of the world.

If someone were able to find evidence from the Church Father's that say otherwise I would be very interested in reading them.

You are of course entitled to hold a different opinion on these things.

josephite likes this.
  16. Luan Ribeiro

Luan Ribeiro New Member

there is a prophecy of Ana Catalina Emmerich that speaks of the coming of precursors before the last Antichrist, I believe that perhaps this explains the messages that speak of the antichrist before the era of peace

17. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Yes, you can ask and I will reply. The Lord Jesus will only return, physically, once, at the end of the world to destroy Satan, whom he has released one last time at the end of the "1000 year rest". This is his only physical presence, his second coming. What rest, should you ask? What does this scripture mean?

Revelations 20: 5-6 [5] The rest of the dead lived not, till the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. [6] Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection. In these the second death hath no power; but they shall be priests of God and of Christ; and shall reign with him a thousand years. [7] And when the thousand years shall be finished, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, and shall go forth, and seduce the nations, which are over the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, and shall gather them together to battle, the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. [8] And they came upon the breadth of the earth, and encompassed the camp of the saints, and the beloved city. [9] And there came down fire from God out of heaven, and devoured them; and the devil, who seduced them, was cast into the pool of fire and brimstone, where both the beast [10] And the false prophet shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

In the next message, as I have posted before, Jesus unveils the mystery of what the era of peace and his final coming is all about for those who have ears to hear. If you can refute this message using scripture, church teaching, or papal teaching please do so. In the paragraph I have put in read, it God clearly teaches us what he is doing. Its as clear as it gets IMHO.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    Heidi likes this.
  18. Fatima

Fatima Powers

10/23/07 My People: Hear O Israel; the Lord our God is one Lord. Thou shall love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart, and with the whole soul and with thy whole strength. And these words which I command thee this day, shall be in thy heart. Deuteronomy 6:5-6.

These words still apply to my house of Israel today. My son Jesus Christ is the seed promised to Abraham in whom all the nations of the world are blessed. Today my church is the new Israel. My people, study these words carefully from your Father in heaven. In Exodus 19:5-6, listen to my words to my people: If therefore you will hear my voice, and keep my covenant, you shall be my peculiar possession above all people:for all the earth is mine. And you shall be to me a priestly kingdom, and a holy nation. These are the words thou shalt speak to the children of Israel.

Now my people read I Peter 2:9: But you are a chosen generation, a kingly priesthood, a holy nation, a purchased people: that you may declare his virtues, who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light: My people of Israel today, you are that holy nation delivered from the darkness of Egypt or sin and purchased by the blood of the lamb. Those of you in sanctifying grace make up my nation of Israel today. Listen to the response of my people in Exodus 19:8: And we the people answered together: All that the Lord hath spoken we will do. My people, at baptism and at confirmation, you made the same promise to God Almighty. You promised to renounce Satan, his lies, and his works. You promised to renounce sin and follow my commandments. Do you, my people, understand that you made a promise to almighty God? Are you truly fulfilling your vows to Almighty God? If not, repent of your sins and receive my mercy through the blood of my son Jesus Christ.

Now my people, read the consequences of my children of Israel’s disobedience to my commands and their vows to Almighty God. Deuteronomy 1: 29-32,33-36,38a. And I said to you: Fear not, neither be ye afraid of them: The Lord God, who is your leader himself will fight for you, as he did in Egypt in the sight of all. And in the wilderness (as thou hast seen), the Lord thy God hath carried thee, as a man is wont to carry his little son, all the way that you have come, until you came to this place. And yet, for all this you did not believe the Lord your God. And when the Lord had heard the voice of your words, he was angry and swore, and said: Not one of the men of this wicked generation shall see the good land, which I promised with an oath to your fathers: Except Caleb the son of Jephone: for he shall see it, and to him I will give the land that he hath trodden upon, and to his children, because he hath followed the Lord. But Josue the son of Nun, thy minister, he shall go in for thee.

In case, my people, you do not think these words apply to you today, please read: I Corinthians 10:11. Now all these things happened to them in figure: and they are written for our correction, upon whom the ends of the world are come. Now read Hebrews 3:15-19. While it is said, Today if you shall hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in that provocation. For some who heard did provoke: but not all that came out of Egypt by Moses. And with whom was he offended forty years? Was it not with them that sinned,whose carcasses were overthrown in the desert? And to whom did he swear, that they should not enter into his rest: but to them that were incredulous? And we see that they could not enter in, because of unbelief. Let us therefore hasten to enter into that rest: lest any man fall into the same example of unbelief. Hebrews 3:11.

My people, notice whom these words are written to. It is not the ungodly and sinner, but my House of Israel or my church. My people, do not let the sin of unbelief prevent you from entering my rest. I created the world in six days. On the seventh day, I rested from the work of creation as Genesis 2:1-3 states. My people, this era of yours is soon coming to an end. The sixth day of creation is finished. The seventh day will be called the era of peace. This is a mystery which has been hidden from mankind for many years.My prophets have described these times to my people. Isaiah 30:26: And the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days: in the day when the Lord shall bind up the wounds of his people, and shall heal the stroke of their wound. Now read Isaiah 65: 17-25. This is a description of my era of peace. To repeat myself, the seventh day of creation is the fulfillment of the era of peace. Now read Apocalypse 20:1-7. These verses also describe the era of peace. The casting of the man of sin and his followers into the pool of fire, marks the end of the 6th day of creation. At that time, I will renew my creation and the seventh day will begin.This day has been described as lasting 1000 years. Remember what my word states: II Peter 3:8: But of this one thing be not ignorant, my beloved, that one day with the Lord is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The entire era of peace is described as a time period of the seventh day or a thousand years. Only I the Lord God knows the length of the era of peace. During this era of peace, my son Jesus will reign through my Catholic church. This can be called the Eucharistic reign of my son. Do not be confused with the millennial heresy. My son is not going to reign in the flesh in the temporal City of Jerusalem. This is a heretical teaching. My son is going to reign in his Eucharistic glory in the New Jerusalem, which is my church. My son will only return in the flesh at the end of the era of peace or human history, to judge mankind at the last judgment. Time will not exist during my era of peace, as you understand it. Apocalypse20:5-6 states: The rest of the dead lived not, till the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection. In these the second death hath no power. But they shall be priests of God and of Christ: and shall reign with him a thousand years. This first resurrection occurs in the era of peace.My saints will be resurrected and receive glorified bodies and walk among my people,teaching and instructing the Catholic faith. This has been described as the temporal kingdom by the Church Fathers. This will be the Promised Land my children of Israel will inherit. My Will will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Listen to the following words carefully. Only those who trust totally in God Almighty will inherit the Promised Land. Remember only 2 men, Josue and Caleb, entered the Promised Land in the Old Testament. To enter the era of peace, you must abandon yourself totally to my will. You must live the consecrations made to my daughter Mary and my son Jesus. You must follow the teachings of my Catholic Church, and pick up your cross daily following my son Jesus Christ. If you do not follow these words, you cannot enter my era of peace.The sin of unbelief prevented my children from entering the Promised Land in the Old Testament, and it will once again prevent my children from entering the era of peace. Let go of your attachment to earthly desires and attractions. You must be willing to be persecuted and totally dependent on your Lord and Savior. Remember: And unto whomsoever much is given, of him much shall be required: and to whom they have committed much, of him they will demand the more. Luke 12:48.

My Catholic children, you have been given the complete truth. Do not reject your Catholic faith, for you will be held to the highest standard on the Day of Judgment. Read soberly II Peter 2:20-21: For if, flying from the pollution's of the world, through the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they be again entangled in them and overcome: their latter state is become unto them worse than the former. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of justice, than after they have known it, to turn back from that holy commandment which was delivered to them.

Now read Hebrews 10:29-31: How much more, do you think he deserveth worse punishments, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath esteemed the blood of the testament unclean, by which he was sanctified, and hath offered an affront to the Spirit of grace? For we know him that hath said: Vengeance belongeth to me, and I will repay. And again: The Lord shall judge his people. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. Do not think these words are only written to the clergy and the religious orders. These words are written to all those who have taken the bows of baptism, confirmation, and who have made consecrations to my daughter Mary and my Son Jesus Christ. Your vows have set you apart from the world and you are my new children of Israel. If you reject your vows to your Father and you refuse to repent, there is not a hot enough place in hell for you. For you have tasted of my goodness, received my mercy and graces, and have the Holy Trinity residing in your soul. Do not reject so great a salvation. I repeat myself a final time: Trust in the Lord God Almighty completely, live your vows and promises to your Lord and Savior, and enter into my rest on my seventh day and eternally on the eighth day. These words are from God Almighty to those who have ears to hear. Amen.

Luan Ribeiro likes this.
  19. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

So the explanation of the AC for these current times contained in the book recommended by two Popes, "Lord of the World", as well as the book that St. Therese of Lisieux stated sums up everything for her for the future of these current times should NOT be considered as what to expect prior to the New Era of Living in the Divine Will after the purification of this current earth and remnant mankind??
    =============================================================

From one of Mark Mallett's brilliant summations of this discussion:

Referring to his vast research, Bannister ads:

I cannot point to a single credible source that upholds Augustine’s eschatology. Everywhere it is rather affirmed that what we are facing sooner rather than later is the Coming of the Lord (understood in the sense of a dramatic manifestation of Christ, not in the condemned millenarian sense of a physical return of Jesus to rule bodily over a temporal kingdom) for the world’s renewal—not for the Final Judgment/end of the planet…. The logical implication on the basis of Scripture of stating that the Coming of the Lord is ‘imminent’ is that, so too, is the coming of the Son of Perdition. I don’t see any way whatsoever around this. Again, this is confirmed in an impressive number of heavyweight prophetic sources…

With that in mind, I want to present again a calm and balanced approach to the subject in a writing below called: Antichrist in our Times. I do so, not because I am interested in the futility of calculating the timing of his manifestation. Rather again, because his coming is preceded and accompanied by a deception so great, that “even the elect” may be deceived. [2] As you’ll see, many of the popes of the last century believe this deception is well underway…

Are we able to set aside our pre-conceived notions and prejudices and listen to the voice of the Church, to what the Popes and Church Fathers have said and are saying? For they speak with the mind of Christ who said to His first bishops, and hence to their successors:

Before I delve into any discussion of the Black Ship, that rising false church, let’s first look at the nagging question of when the Antichrist is expected. It is an important question because Scripture tells us that his coming will be accompanied by tremendous deception. Arguably, this is already happening, especially in the Western world…

THE SON OF PERDITION

Sacred Tradition affirms that, near the end of time, a certain man whom St. Paul calls “the lawless one” is expected to rise as a false Christ in the world, setting himself as an object of worship. His timing was revealed to Paul as before the “day of the Lord”:

Let no one deceive you in any way; for that day will not come, unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of perdition. (2 Thess 2:3)

........That is simply to say that there are many antichrists throughout human history. But Scripture points especially to one, chief among many, who accompanies a great rebellion or apostasy toward the end of time. The Church Fathers refer to him as the “son of perdition”, the “lawless one”, a “king”, an “apostate and robber” whose origin is likely from the Middle East, possibly of Jewish heritage.

I was recently included in an email discussion led by theologian Peter Bannister who has studied both the early Church Fathers and some 15,000 pages of credible private revelation since 1970. Noting that many theologians today reject the notion of an “era of peace” as described in Revelation 20:1-6 and instead prefer Augustine’s symbolic explanation of the “thousand years” (amillennialism), he nonetheless states…

…like Rev. Joseph Iannuzzi and Mark Mallett, I am now thoroughly convinced that amillennialism is not only not dogmatically binding but actually a huge mistake (like most attempts throughout history to sustain theological arguments, however sophisticated, that fly in the face of a plain reading of Scripture, in this case Revelation 19 and 20). Perhaps the question really didn’t matter all that much in previous centuries, but it certainly does now…

Referring to his vast research, Bannister ads:

I cannot point to a single credible source that upholds Augustine’s eschatology. Everywhere it is rather affirmed that what we are facing sooner rather than later is the Coming of the Lord (understood in the sense of a dramatic manifestation of Christ, not in the condemned millenarian sense of a physical return of Jesus to rule bodily over a temporal kingdom) for the world’s renewal—not for the Final Judgment/end of the planet…. The logical implication on the basis of Scripture of stating that the Coming of the Lord is ‘imminent’ is that, so too, is the coming of the Son of Perdition. I don’t see any way whatsoever around this. Again, this is confirmed in an impressive number of heavyweight prophetic sources…

With that in mind, I want to present again a calm and balanced approach to the subject in a writing below called: Antichrist in our Times. I do so, not because I am interested in the futility of calculating the timing of his manifestation. Rather again, because his coming is preceded and accompanied by a deception so great, that “even the elect” may be deceived. [2] As you’ll see, many of the popes of the last century believe this deception is well underway…

But here is the question to you and I: do we have ears to hear these words? Are we able to enter into a discussion of the Antichrist and the signs of the times, which are part of our Catholic Faith, part of our mandate given by Christ to “watch and pray”? [3] Or do we immediately roll our eyes and dismiss any discussion as paranoia and fear-mongering? Are we able to set aside our pre-conceived notions and prejudices and listen to the voice of the Church, to what the Popes and Church Fathers have said and are saying? For they speak with the mind of Christ who said to His first bishops, and hence to their successors:

Whoever listens to you listens to me. Whoever rejects you rejects me. (Luke 10:16)

Before I delve into any discussion of the Black Ship, that rising false church, let’s first look at the nagging question of when the Antichrist is expected. It is an important question because Scripture tells us that his coming will be accompanied by tremendous deception. Arguably, this is already happening, especially in the Western world…

THE SON OF PERDITION

Sacred Tradition affirms that, near the end of time, a certain man whom St. Paul calls “the lawless one” is expected to rise as a false Christ in the world, setting himself as an object of worship. His timing was revealed to Paul as before the “day of the Lord”:

Let no one deceive you in any way; for that day will not come, unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of perdition. (2 Thess 2:3)

That is simply to say that there are many antichrists throughout human history. But Scripture points especially to one, chief among many, who accompanies a great rebellion or apostasy toward the end of time. The Church Fathers refer to him as the “son of perdition”, the “lawless one”, a “king”, an “apostate and robber” whose origin is likely from the Middle East, possibly of Jewish heritage.

But when will he arrive? (cont'd below)

Heidi likes this.
  20. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

(cont'd from my above comment)

THE CHRONOLOGY OF THE DECEIVER

There are essentially two camps on this, but as I will point out, they are not necessarily in opposition to one another.

The first camp, and the most prevalent one today, is that the Antichrist appears at the very end of time, immediately before the final return of Jesus in glory inaugurating the universal judgment and end of the world.

The other camp is the one that is most prevalent among the early Church Fathers and which, notably, follows the chronology of St. John the Apostle in Revelation. And that is that the coming of the lawless one is followed by an “era of peace”, what the Church Fathers called a “sabbath rest”, the “seventh day”, “the times of the kingdom” or “the day of the Lord.” [4] This would also be the most common viewpoint in modern prophetic revelations. I have taken the time to explain the theology of the Church Fathers in this regard in two writings: How the Era was Lost and Millenarianism: What it is, and is Not. Summarizing the collective thought of the Magisterium, Fr. Charles Arminjon (St. Therese's favorite) wrote:

The most authoritative view, and the one that appears to be most in harmony with Holy Scripture, is that, after the fall of the Antichrist, the Catholic Church will once again enter upon a period of prosperity and triumph.The End of the Present World and the Mysteries of the Future Life, Fr. Charles Arminjon (1824-1885), p. 56-57; Sophia Institute Press

This chronology is clear in the Book of Revelation where St. John writes of:

I. The rise of a dragon against the People of God (the “woman”) [5]

II. The dragon gives his authority to a “beast” who dominates the whole world for a brief time. Another beast, a “false prophet”, rises forcing all to worship the first beast and accept a uniform economy, which one participates in through the “mark of the beast”. [6]

III. Jesus manifests His power accompanied by a heavenly army, destroying Antichrist, casting the beast and the false prophet into hell. [7] This is clearly not the end of the world in St. John’s chronology, nor the Second Coming at the end of time. Fr. Charles explains:

St. Thomas and St. John Chrysostom explain the words quem Dominus Jesus destruet illustratione adventus sui (“whom the Lord Jesus will destroy with the brightness of His coming”) in the sense that Christ will strike the Antichrist by dazzling him with a brightness that will be like an omen and sign of His Second Coming… The End of the Present World and the Mysteries of the Future Life, Fr. Charles Arminjon (1824-1885), p. 56-57; Sophia Institute Press

IV. Satan is chained in the “abyss” as the Church reigns in peace for an extended period, symbolized by the number a “thousand years”. [8]

V. Afterward, there is a final uprising after Satan is released, what St. John calls “Gog and Magog.” But fire falls from heaven and consumes them as they surround the camp of the saints. Of note in St. John’s chronology is the fact that “The Devil who had led them astray was thrown into the pool of fire and sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet were.” [9]

VI. Human history ends as the Final Judgment commences. [10]

VII. God creates a New Heavens and New Earth as the Church is united for eternity to her Divine Spouse. [11]

In this regard, following Benedict XVI’s teaching, the beast and false prophet compromise the coming of an antichrist, and Gog and Magog the coming of perhaps what Augustine calls the “last Antichrist.” And we find this delineation also in the writings of the early Church Fathers.

But when The Antichrist shall have devastated all things in this world, he will reign for three years and six months, and sit in the temple atJerusalem; and then the Lord will come from Heaven in the clouds… sending this man and those who follow him into the lake of fire; but bringing in for the righteous the times of the kingdom, that is, the rest, the hallowed seventh day… These are to take place in the times of the kingdom, that is, upon the seventh day… the true Sabbath of the righteous. —St. Irenaeus of Lyons, Church Father (140–202 A.D.); Adversus Haereses, Irenaeus of Lyons, V.33.3.4, The Fathers of the Church, CIMA Publishing Co.

Tertullian outlines that the “times of the kingdom” are an intermediate stage before the end of the world:

We do confess that a kingdom is promised to us upon the earth, although before heaven, only in another state of existence; inasmuch as it will be after the resurrection for a thousand years in the divinely-built city of Jerusalem… —Tertullian (155–240 A.D.), Nicene Church Father; Adversus Marcion, Ante-Nicene Fathers, Henrickson Publishers, 1995, Vol. 3, pp. 342-343)

The author of the Letter of Barnabas, considered a voice among the Church Fathers, speaks of a time…

…when His Son will come and destroy the time of the lawless one and judge the godless, and change the sun and the moon and the stars—then He shall indeed rest on the seventh day… after giving rest to all things, I will make the beginning of the eighth day, that is, the beginning of another world. Letter of Barnabas (70-79 A.D.), written by a second century Apostolic Father

But before the eighth day, St. Augustine writes:

We shall indeed be able to interpret the words, “The priest of God and of Christ shall reign with Him a thousand years; and when the thousand years shall be finished, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison;” for thus they signify that the reign of the saints and the bondage of the devil shall cease simultaneously… so in the end they shall go out who do not belong to Christ, but to that last Antichrist… —St. Augustine,The Anti-Nicene Fathers, City of God, Book XX, Chap. 13, 19

THE ANTICHRIST…TODAY?

This is all to say that there is indeed the possibility that the “lawless one” could be revealed in our times, before an “era of peace.” We will know his nearness by some key factors:

MORE of the obvious evidence to be read here:

ANTICHRIST IN OUR TIMES

https://www.markmallett.com/blog/2015/01/08/antichrist-in-our-times/
    ===============================================================================

And for those willing to accept what is now taking place within our worldly institutions now controlled by a few which will lead up to the main character of control, desiring personal worship after the great persecution of Christians after the Warning there are many references for the AC within these times:

Of course, in this case, for your discernment.

OUR BLESSED VIRGIN MARY

“MAN WILL ABANDON THE TRUE FAITH TO EMBRACE IDEOLOGIES OR PRACTICES THAT WILL LEAD HIM TO EVIL BY CONTROLLING HIS MIND WITH FALSEHOODS, WILL GUIDE HIM ON THE WAY TO ONE UNIQUE RELIGION THAT THE RUTHLESS FOLLOWERS OF THE ANTICHRIST WILL DEMAND.”

https://www.revelacionesmarianas.com/antichrist.html

Heidi likes this.