The DNA Journey

Discussion in 'Positive Critique' started by padraig, Jul 8, 2016.

1. padraig

padraig Powers

2. DivineMercy

DivineMercy Archangels

Wonderful video Padraig. I've actually spent the last almost 20 years tracing my ancestry, and it's amazing how connected we all are. For example I've traced my ancestors to England, Scotland, Ireland, Germany, Netherlands, Russia, Czech, Hungary, Native American Cherokee. Not to mention one line of mine has been in America since the late 1500's. Obviously none of this is important in and of itself, but with so much hate in the world of other ethnicities and cultures (to clarify I'm not saying to embrace and love any sinful practices of a culture - I count abortion as one to start), I think maybe some people would have a change of heart if we realized how diverse of a world we actually are. "Love the Lord your God..... And your neighbor as yourself" the two greatest commandments

Booklady and CrewDog like this.
  3. padraig

padraig Powers

Yes the devil builds walls , God knocks them down.

Booklady likes this.
  4. Booklady

Booklady La Dolorosa

Fascinating, DivineMercy. Might I ask, if it's not too personal, which DEA service did you use? I am interesting in doing this for my future grandchildren, but I don't know which company to use.

5. DivineMercy

DivineMercy Archangels

I haven't had my DNA tested yet (too expensive for my wallet o_O), my knowledge of my heritage is through genealogy. I knew most of my ancestors personally by at least 3 generations, and from there traced them back using many different services. My personal favorite is ancestry.com, although I only have a membership occasionally. There are many other free sites that you can use that have access to public records. Mormons are very much into tracing their ancestors because they believe they must take those names to the temple in Salt Lake City and have them "baptized" in order to save them. Obviously that is absolutely theologically wrong, but at least they care about their ancestors' salvation :rolleyes:. I like to put a Catholic twist on that idea and just say a simple prayer for the faithful departed, adding my ancestor's name occasionally (y)

Booklady likes this.
  6. Booklady

Booklady La Dolorosa

Thanks so much, DivineMercy.
    Blessings

7. Heidi

Heidi Powers

My brother and parents had their DNA tested through 23andme. It was $99 each. There was a lot of info that I couldn't get through genealogy, like that we are related to St. Luke. I also learned that although I had thought we were mostly English, we are actually quite a bit Scandinavian because most of the English people have Scandinavian ancestors.

Booklady and DivineMercy like this.