1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

The Divine Will

Discussion in 'Consecration to Mary.' started by Border collie, Nov 13, 2015.

1. soldier of christ

soldier of christ Principalities

Ok ..I feel much better, I just thought it was me who thought like this. I find I like going to Daily Mass much better than Sunday Mass. The people who attended Daily Mass are much more reverent and respectful. I know it sounds terrible to say, but I find so many distractions at Sunday Mass it is very hard to stay focused.

fallen saint and AED like this.
  2. Mario

Mario Powers

As my Mom would often say, SoC, "Offer it up!" Actually I think her suggestion is more akin to praying in the Divine Will than my response has been.:):love:

Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!

gracia and lynnfiat like this.
  3. soldier of christ

soldier of christ Principalities

Funny.. my mother use to say the exact same thing.

4. border collie

border collie New Member

I'm not sure how I learned to pray like this but I give all the credit to Our Lady, she is constantly helping me in living and praying in the DW. I think though when we enter into and fuse ourselves with Jesus, all we need to do is what he has and is doing himself. The more we do this, the more our understanding of it will develop and grow. For instance when I receive communion, I receive him on His own tongue, welcome him with His own welcomes, invite Him to take His delight in Our Lady living in me, adore Him with His own adorations etc... And I do this in the name of everyone past, present and future.

Another insight that came to me recently is that Jesus is often left alone in locked churches, abandoned by people in exposed monstrances, not visited in open empty churches, offended by people's behaviour when they are in church, thanked so very seldom for all His graces.. and so on... I have started adoring him with His own adorations, loving Him with His own love... praising Him etc.. in every particle of every host, past, present and future in all of these circumstances and places in the name of everybody past present and future.
    We all can do this from the comfort of our own homes, and make reparation for all these kinds of offences, and obtain untold graces for everybody! It only takes but a few moments to do it and we can remain with Him in spirit constantly. I find it helps if I pick a church which I know would more than likely be open but empty, and place myself in adoration there.

And one last thing... if you are struggling with some sin or weakness, Jesus will heal all of it in rapid time when we pray in the DW. I used to go to confession with plenty of ammo at least once a month, often more frequent, still with plenty of ammo.. But since coming into living in the DW , I struggle in what to say to the priest now that would constitute sin etc, and this can sometimes be way beyond the time frame of my usual routine of confessions.

And when the sin, weakness etc is rooted out of our lives, our health in body, mind and spirit will improve because we will have stopped watering the roots the darkness!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    gracia, Don_D, padraig and 2 others like this.
  5. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

This is what Jesus taught Luisa (and us) in Volume 1:
    Therefore I want you to remain in my arms with your eyes closed, without looking at and investigating this or that, trusting Me completely, and letting Me operate freely. If then you want to do the opposite, you will lose much time, and you will come to oppose what I want to do with you. As for creatures, use profound silence, be benign and submissive with everyone; let your life, your breathing, your thoughts and affections be continuous acts of reparations to placate my justice, offering Me, along with them, the bothers from creatures, which will not be few.”

gracia, Patty, padraig and 3 others like this.
  6. lynnfiat

A little prayer of Luisa's"
    "Jesus, on that wound which gives You so much pain from the so many irreverences to your Most Holy Person, I intend to place a piece of myself to tell you always: 'I adore You, I adore You, I adore You!"

gracia, Patty, AED and 1 other person like this.
  7. border collie

border collie New Member

Thanks for the above two posts Lynnfiat, I think I am kinda on the right track! Sometimes I am not so sure but am a sucker for following peace!

gracia, lynnfiat and AED like this.
  8. lynnfiat

Saint Annibale Maria di Francia* writing about Luisa Piccarreta (from the Preface of the Hours of the Passion):

The life of this virgin, Spouse of Jesus, is more celestial than terrestrial. She wants to be ignored and unknown in the world, looking for nothing but her Jesus and Her Most Holy Mother, whom she calls Mama, and who has a special predilection for this chosen soul.

As the voluminous manuscripts which Our Lord has dictated to her are gradually published, from the tenderness with which Jesus treats her, from the sweet words with which He calls her, from His celestial embraces and her loving correspondence, admirable things will be revealed about the singular virtues of this soul, who - who knows - one day, coming out triumphantly from the infallible judgments of the Church, will be placed on the altar as protection of many.

*Saint Annibale was Luisa's Extraordinary Confessor and Founder of the Rogationists and Daughters of the Divine Zeal.

Patty, Don_D and Mario like this.
  9. lynnfiat

"The Fiat Voluntas Tua on earth as It is in Heaven is precisely this: that man return into my Divine Will; and only when It sees again Its child happy, living in Its house, with the opulence of Its goods - then will It calm Itself. And so It will be able to say: ‘My child has come back, he is clothed with his royal garments, he wears the crown of king, he lives together with Me, and I have given back to him the rights which I gave him in creating him. So, the disorder in Creation is ended, because man has come back into my Divine Will’.” Vol. 25, May 22, 1929

gracia and Patty like this.
  10. Mario

Mario Powers

Ps 123:1 To thee I lift up my eyes, O thou who art enthroned in the heavens! 2 Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their master, as the eyes of a maid to the hand of her mistress, so our eyes look to the LORD our God...

11. lynnfiat

“The divine justice imposes chastisements, but neither these nor [God’s] enemies get close to those souls who live in the Divine Will... Know that I will have regard for the souls who live in My Will, and for the places where these souls reside. They may be likened to the kings of the earth who have their own courts and quarters in which they are kept safe amidst dangers and among the fiercest enemies. Since their power is so imposing, their enemies, while destroying other places, dare not [even] look at their location for fear of being defeated. In the same way, I too, the King of Heaven, have My courts and quarters on earth: These are the souls who live in My Will and in whom I live; the heavenly court crowds around them. The strength of My Will keeps them safe, rendering their enemies bullets ineffective, and driving back the fiercest enemies... I place the souls who live completely in My Will on earth, in the same condition as the blessed [in heaven]. Therefore, live in My Will and fear nothing” (Luisa Piccarreta, volume 11, May 18, 1915)

Patty, Don_D and Tanker like this.
  12. Mario

Mario Powers

Yes, living in the Divine Will must be the best armor, unless the Lord calls you to be a victim soul.

Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!

gracia and lynnfiat like this.
  13. lynnfiat

“My daughter, it happens to the soul who resigns herself to my Will as to someone who, getting close to some beautiful food in order to look at it, feels the desire to eat it, and as his desire is excited, he begins to enjoy that food, and to transmute it into his flesh and into his blood. Had he not seen that beautiful food, the desire could not have come, he could not have experienced its taste, and would have continued to remain on an empty stomach. Now, such is resignation for the soul. As she resigns herself, in her very resigning she sees a divine light, and this light dispels what prevents her from seeing God; and as she sees God, she desires to enjoy Him; and while she enjoys Him, she feels as if she were eating Him, in such a way as to feel God Himself all transmuted into herself.

Therefore, it follows that the first step is to resign oneself; the second is to desire to do the Will of God in everything; the third is to make of It one’s favorite food, daily; the fourth is to consume the Will of God within one’s own. But if one does not take the first step, he will remain empty of God.” Nov. 8, 1905

gracia likes this.
  14. lynnfiat

upload_2017-8-2_7-52-18.png
    Gospel Mt 13:44-46
    Jesus said to his disciples:
    “The Kingdom of heaven is like a treasure buried in a field, which a person finds and hides again, and out of joy goes and sells all that he has and buys that field. Again, the Kingdom of heaven is like a merchant searching for fine pearls. When he finds a pearl of great price, he goes and sells all that he has and buys it.”

"Every time I speak to you about my Will and you acquire new understandings and knowledges, your act in my Will receives more value and you acquire more immense riches. It happens as to a man who possesses a gem, and knows that this gem is worth a penny: he is rich one penny. Now, it happens that he shows his gem to a skilled expert, who tells him that his gem has a value of five thousand lira. That man no longer possesses one penny, but he is rich five thousand lira. Now, after some time he has the opportunity to show his gem to another expert, even more experienced, who assures him that his gem contains the value of one hundred thousand lira, and is ready to buy it if he wants to sell. Now that man is rich one hundred thousand lira. According to his knowledge of the value of his gem, he becomes richer, and feels greater love and appreciation for the gem; he keeps it in custody more jealously, knowing that the gem is all his fortune, while before he held it as a trifle. Yet, the gem has not changed – that which it was, so it is now; he is the one who has changed, by understanding the value that the gem contains.

Now, the same happens with my Will, as well as with virtues. According to how the soul understands their value and acquires knowledge of them, she comes to acquire new values and new riches in her acts. Therefore, the more you know my Will, the more your act will acquire value. Oh, if you knew what seas of graces I open between you and Me every time I speak to you about the effects of my Will, you would die of joy and would make feast, as if you had acquired new kingdoms to dominate!"

"According to his knowledge of the value of his gem, he becomes richer, and feels greater love and appreciation for the gem; he keeps it in custody more jealously, knowing that the gem is all his fortune, while before he held it as a trifle. Yet, the gem has not changed – that which it was, so it is now he is the one who has changed, by understanding the value that the gem contains."

“The Kingdom of Heaven...God's Divine Will is THE Treasure”

Attached Files:

gracia, Tanker, Patty and 1 other person like this.
  15. lynnfiat

In Jesus Risen, His humanity becomes divinized because his is now a glorified body, just as it appeared to the three Apostles on Mount Tabor. "And He was transfigured before them, and his face shone like the sun, and his garments became white as light." Mt. 17:2

"When Jesus will return in his divine glory and appear to all humanity, each one will be called to undergo the same experience as Peter, James and John underwent on Mount Tabor, because Jesus will manifest Himself in his splendor and his humanity will be completely transfigured in the most brilliant light of his divinity...Jesus will bring his glorious kingdom into the world and it will be a kingdom of holiness and grace, a kingdom of justice, of love and of peace." (Our Blessed Mother to Fr. Gobbi, MMP, #597)

“…as my Will rises, all the human acts are invested with light; they take their place of honor in my Will, and each one receives its special shade of beauty and the vividness of the Divine colors, in such a way that the soul is transfigured and enveloped with an indescribable beauty. As the sun of my Will rises, it puts to flight all the evils of the soul; it takes away the torpor produced by passions; even more, before the light of the Divine Fiat, the very passions lap up that light, and aspire to convert into virtues, to pay homage to my Eternal Will. As It rises, everything is joy. And even the pains, which, like seas at night, are frightening for the creatures - if my Will rises, It puts to flight the night of the human will, and removing every fear, It forms Its golden background in those pains. With Its light, It invests the bitter waters of the pains, and crystallizes them into a sea of sweetness, in such a way as to form an enchanting and admirable horizon. What can my Will not do? It can do everything, and It can give everything. Wherever It rises, It does things worthy of Our creative hands.” (Book of Heaven)

gracia, Patty, Sam and 1 other person like this.
  16. lynnfiat

"Beloved daughter of our Supreme Will, do you see? We created this entire machine of the universe, the heavens, the sun, the oceans, and all the rest to give as a gift; but do you know to whom? To those who do our Will. Everything was given to them as our legitimate sons ('and Jerusalem shall be holy' Joel 3:17). We do this for the sake of the dignity of our works. We do not give these works to strangers ('and strangers shall never again pass through it' Joel 3:17) or to illegitimate sons, for they would not understand the great value of these gifts, nor would they appreciate the greatness and holiness of our works, indeed, they would scorn them and squander them. Instead, by giving these gifts to our legitimate sons, our Will, dwelling in them ('for the Lord dwells in Zion' Joel 3:21) makes them understand all of the distinct loves in all their specialness that are in creation...Although those who do not do our Will seem to enjoy and take part in gifts which are not theirs, this happens as an indirect cause, and they do so a usurpers and as illegitimate sons. Since my Will does not dwell within them, ('Egypt shall become desolation and Edom a desolate wilderness' Joel 3:19) they understand little or nothing about my Love, which is brought to them through all of creation, nor about the great goods that my Will contains. They are truly strangers who, though they live amidst the things that belong to Me, do not want to acknowledge Me."
    Joel 3 and Volume 15, The Book of Heaven

Patty likes this.
  17. lynnfiat

Vol. 13, September 14, 1921

“My daughter, each time the soul does her acts in my Will, she grows more and more before Me in wisdom, in goodness, power and beauty. In fact, as she keeps repeating her acts in my Will, she takes as many bites of wisdom, of goodness, etc.; and the soul grows from that food with which she feeds herself. This is why in the Holy Gospel it is written of Me that I grew in wisdom before God and before men. (Luke 2:52) As God, I could neither grow nor decrease; my growth was no other than my Humanity which, growing in age, came to multiply my acts in the Supreme Volition; and each additional act that I did was additional growth in the wisdom of my Celestial Father. And this growth of mine was so true, that even creatures noticed it. Each one of my acts ran in the immense sea of the Divine Will; and as I operated, I nourished Myself with this celestial food. It would take too long to tell you of the seas of wisdom, of goodness, of beauty, of power, that my Humanity swallowed in each additional act It did." (John21:25 - "But there are also many other things which Jesus did were every one of them to be written. I suppose the world itself could not contain the books that would be written."

Patty likes this.
  18. lynnfiat

19. Patty

Patty Angels

I was very fortunate to meet Tom back in the eighties. He came and gave a talk at my friend Aline's house in Huntsville, Alabama.

20. lynnfiat

Patty,
    You lived in Huntsville, AL? Did you know Rory and Diane Jakes (Divine Will)? We used to live just outside the gates of Mother Angelica's Monastery - very close to Huntsville. Tom lives here in Tennessee about an hour from where we live.