1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Dictator Pope": Mysterious New Book Looks "Behind the Mask" of Francis

Discussion in 'Church Critique' started by BrianK, Dec 1, 2017.

1. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Archangels

It truly seems sordid
    When people and events associated with this Pope are laid out and appear in print
    It just seems sordid

gracia likes this.
  2. gracia

gracia Angels

I agree. And it's just so creepy. We must pray for this Pope, against the heresy that seems to be seeping into his soul. Protestantism is heresy. Lutheranism is heresy. The Dubia was well-written, thoughtful, and should be responded to. But in case Pope Francis never responds to it, keep praying. At least we know the truth. And can pray against specific evils.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  3. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

The following article from July 12, 2017 is linked in the article that I posted above. I am posting this article here because I hadn't realized that Cardinal Meisner passed away the night after he heard that, "Pope Francis dismissed Cardinal Gerhard Müller from his position as Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith." which I think is extremely sad. I also thought that, for those of you who are not reading the new book (the topic of this thread) but are still interested in some of it's contents, this may be a good place to post some related information.

Pope Francis is behaving like a Latin American dictator – but the liberal media aren’t interested
    [​IMG]
    Damian Thompson July 12, 2017

At the end of June, Pope Francis dismissed Cardinal Gerhard Müller from his position as Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (CDF) – arguably the most important position in the Catholic Church after that of the Pope himself, since the CDF is in charge of doctrine.

Müller was given no notice that the Pope was breaking from tradition by not renewing his five-year mandate – and no explanation. A few days later, on July 4, he explained what had happened in a long phone call to his friend Cardinal Joachim Meisner, one of four cardinals who had challenged Francis on the question of Communion for divorced and remarried Catholics.

Meisner was horrified to hear the details of Müller’s humiliation. And, that night, he died in his sleep at the age of 83.

Now Müller – who has always been careful never to question the Pope – has also broken with tradition. He has spoken angrily about the way he was treated – drawing attention to the fact that a pope who never misses an opportunity to uphold workers’ rights plays by very different rules inside the Vatican.

This is what Müller told the Bavarian newspaper Passauer Neue Presse:

On the very last day of my mandate as CDF prefect, the pope informed me within one minute of his decision not to prolong me. He did not give a reason – just as he gave no reason for dismissing three highly competent members of the CDF a few months earlier.

I cannot accept this way of doing things. As a bishop, one cannot treat people in this way. I have said this before – the Church’s social teaching must also be applied to the way employees are treated here in the Vatican.

‘Within one minute’, note. And it turns out that Francis has a history of sacking people without explanation. In an article for First Things magazine, the Italian journalist Marco Tossati fleshes out the story:

The first step of Müller’s Calvary was a disconcerting episode in the middle of 2013. The cardinal was celebrating Mass in the church attached to the congregation palace, for a group of German students and scholars. His secretary joined him at the altar: “The pope wants to speak to you.” “Did you tell him I am celebrating Mass?” asked Müller. “Yes,” said the secretary, “but he says he does not mind—he wants to talk to you all the same.” The cardinal went to the sacristy. The pope, in a very bad mood, gave him some orders and a dossier concerning one of his friends, a cardinal. (This is a very delicate matter. I have sought an explanation of this incident from the official channels. Until the explanation comes, if it ever comes, I cannot give further details.) Obviously, Mūller was flabbergasted.

This is not the behaviour of an unassuming pope who thinks of himself as ‘Bishop of Rome’ rather than supreme pontiff. It brings to mind his most authoritarian predecessors – or, indeed, some Latin American dictator who hugs the crowds and advertises his ostentatiously humble lifestyle while his lieutenants live in fear of his rages.

It’s difficult to explain, since Francis is a man consumed by his faith who drew up an admirable plan for reforming the Curia – even if he’s made almost no progress in doing so.

Don’t expect the English-speaking media to enlighten you. Coverage in secular newspapers is patchy, biased and unreliable – The Times is perhaps the worst offender – while certain Catholic journalists who write about the Vatican appear to be taking dictation from a liberal faction in the Church that is trying to hijack this pontificate.

I say ‘hijack’, because the progressive churchmen who present themselves as Francis’s allies are pretending to be better connected than they are. The Pope frequently wrong-foots them by saying the opposite of what they expect.

That’s one of the points made by canon lawyer Dr Ed Condon in today’s Holy Smoke podcast discussion about the rapidly deteriorating situation in Rome.

Ed’s insights are fascinating – and invaluable, because he offers a plausible theory as to why a supposedly approachable pontiff is regarded as a bully by many of the people who work for him.

To find out more, listen to the podcast here:
    https://audioboom.com/posts/6098534-is-pope-francis-turning-into-a-bully

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/...tator-but-the-liberal-media-arent-interested/

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    SgCatholic likes this.
  4. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Blizzard, Thank you for posting this. I am reading the book now, I thought I would have it finished already but I got half way through it and then I got side-tracked. I don't know that much about Cardinal Parolin but I was sadden to read what is stated about him in the book and I am glad that I read this article today because they point out that there are no footnotes to support the claims made against this particular Cardinal in the book. I think it would have taken me some time to realize this on my own.

I am really looking forward to what EWTN has to say about the book tonight on their show at 8pm, I'm going to record it so I don't miss anything. Thank you again!

5. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Archangels

Thanks for the reminder about the show tonight

Carol55 likes this.
  6. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

Well, no one can say we haven't been warned. In some ways we shouldn't be surprised. Watch and pray. Pray, hope and don't worry! Pray for the ultimate salvation of all....no matter who.

Never thought the "Peter Principle" might apply to one of Peter's (the saint's) successors!

7. Dolours

Dolours Powers

That's 1.00 a.m. Friday in the UK and Ireland. Looks like tonight will be another late night for me.

AED, HeavenlyHosts and Carol55 like this.
  8. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

Mark Mallett's latest:

THE TESTING – PART II

THE MATCH

A new book called Il Papa Dittatore (The Dictator Pope) has just been released in English. It is written under a pseudonymous author who calls himself Marcantonio Colonna. LifeSiteNews, which has notably shifted in the past two years to becoming one of the pseudo-official voices of papal dissent, provides a review of the book, which alleges that Pope Francis is…

…arrogant, dismissive of people, prodigal of bad language and notorious for furious outbursts of temper which are known to everyone from the cardinals to the chauffeurs.LifeSiteNews, December 6th, 2017

Robert Royal, editor-in-chief of The Catholic Thing and papal commentator for EWTN, says:

…the sheer amount of evidence it provides is stunning. About 90 percent of it is simply incontrovertible, and cannot help but clarify who Francis is and what he’s about.Ibid.

According to the reviews I’ve read, such as this one from Vatican analyst Marco Tosatti:

There is no news of great importance, or extraordinary revelations in “Il Papa Dittatore”; but it certainly is well documented, interesting and valuable… —marcotosatti.com, Nov. 29th, 2017

What, then, is the “value” of a book that has no news or revelations of great importance, but is seemingly intended to expose the character flaws of the Vicar of Christ? A book with the intention of presenting a ‘scheming Jorge Bergoglio’ in order to counter the ‘humble Pope Francis’? In the big picture, I don’t know. But those vocal opponents of Pope Francis who have been providing fuel for a schism might have just been handed a match.

MORE:
    https://www.markmallett.com/blog/2017/12/07/the-testing-part-ii/

9. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/bombshell-book-claims-pope-francis-expected-benedicts-abdication1
    Bombshell: Book claims Pope Francis expected Benedict’s abdication
    by Dorothy Cummings McLean

December 6, 2017 (LifeSiteNews) – An explosive new book is claiming not only that Pope Francis is a power-hungry, manipulative dictator, but that he celebrated the abdication of Benedict XVI.

The Dictator Pope, by a pseudonymous author who calls himself Marcantonio Colonna, claims to describe what Pope Francis is like when his adoring public isn’t looking: “arrogant, dismissive of people, prodigal of bad language and notorious for furious outbursts of temper which are known to everyone from the cardinals to the chauffeurs.”

Despite the hidden identity of the author, the book has hit the bestseller list and received praise from seasoned Vatican watchers.

According to the book, Francis is a master manipulator, and was fully conscious of both attempts to have him elected pope. When the 2005 Conclave elected Cardinal Ratzinger instead, the formerly conservative Cardinal Bergoglio adopted a newly progressive stance in line with the theology of his backers. And it seems that he was privy to the resurrection of their plans when Benedict cut his own papacy short. According to Colonna:

“By the middle of 2012, a few insiders in the Curia knew that Pope Benedict was considering abdication; he had confided his intention to two of his closest associates, the Secretary of State Cardinal Bertone, and the papal secretary Archbishop Ganswein, and he had named the exact date: 28 February 2013.

“Cardinal Bergoglio’s communications with Rome were abruptly stepped up from this time, rising to hectic levels as the date approached. Sure enough, on 11 February 2013 Pope Benedict made his public announcement to the cardinals, and it took almost the whole world by surprise; not Bergoglio and his associates, however, as eyewitnesses discovered.

“On the day of the announcement itself, the rector of Buenos Aires cathedral went to visit his Cardinal and found him exultant. During their interview, the telephone never stopped ringing with international calls from Bergoglio’s allies, and they were all calls of personal congratulation. One Argentinian friend, however, less well informed than the others, rang up to ask about the extraordinary news, and Bergoglio told him:’You don’t know what this means’.”

Renowned Italian journalist and Vatican expert Marco Tosatti who writes for the Italian daily La Stampa, called The Dictator Pope “important” and “a panoramic view” of the historic events of the Bergoglian papacy so far. Robert Royal, editor-in-chief of The Catholic Thing and papal watcher for EWTN, characterises The Dictator Pope as “far more probing and detailed than anything that has previously appeared” about Francis’ papacy.

Royal cautions that the book “sometimes stretches evidence,” but adds “the sheer amount of evidence it provides is stunning. About 90 percent of it is simply incontrovertible, and cannot help but clarify who Francis is and what he’s about.”

The United Kingdom’s most popular Catholic weekly comments that The Dictator Pope is “at times harsh,” but praises it saying it “draws on a wide range of material including confidential sources within the Vatican.”

The online book was made available in English on December 4. An insider’s view, it also delves into published articles and books about Francis--some of which have disappeared from Argentine bookstores--to explain the shadow side of the Bergoglio pontificate.

The “scheming Jorge Bergoglio” presented by The Dictator Pope is a startling contrast to the “humble Pope Francis” sold to the public from the date of his election by the world media. What effect the first will have on the second will be interesting to discover.

gracia likes this.
  10. Dolours

Dolours Powers

I bought the book but haven't read it yet. I'm surprised that nobody mentioned Podesta's Catholic Spring groups being so well tuned in to the inner workings of the Church that they were tipping Cardinal Bergoglio for Pope when he was an unknown to most ordinary Catholics outside and possibly inside Argentina - so much so that even prelates who canvassed for him feigned surprise at his election. By "ordinary Catholics" I mean those of us who paid, prayed and obeyed rather than starting or joining pressure groups aimed at reversing Church teaching. I would laugh off the suggestion that the Vatican had contributed to Clinton's campaign had it not been for the revelations about the Catholic Spring, their easy access to the Vatican and the Pope favouring US clerics who make no secret of their political allegiance. Maybe the allegation is true and maybe not. The DC leaks and what we have seen from this papacy thus far suggests that there could be some truth to that allegation. I suppose we'll never know because if it were true it would destroy the Church's claim to being above party politics. What a mess.

Don_D and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  11. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Dolours, There is nothing about the Podesta's in the book and as you saw and read Robert Royal gave no credence to the Clinton connection.

The book spends some time on the election of Pope Francis and I never heard the story of a blank vote being found in the 4th ballot and how the 5th ballot was performed on the 2nd day because of this problem with the 4th ballot but the author of the book states that they should have waited until a third day for the 5th ballot.
    I wonder if anyone is familiar with this. I think that there are many things like this situation that aren't cut and dry and that is why the news is not really talking about them. Ultimately, it makes more sense to focus on the things that can be changed going forward, hopefully some good comes out of this book.

gracia likes this.
  12. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Yes, I noticed that Robert Royal was making sure nobody could link him to any suggestion of outside interference in Church matters. What surprised me was that the author included the allegation about the contribution to Clinton's campaign but didn't include the Catholic Spring stuff which has some supporting evidence.

I read a few accounts of that blank vote and the extra ballot. It didn't strike me as sufficient to make the election invalid. There were enough Canon lawyers at the conclave to know whether it was valid or not and none of them raised any objections.

How do you think this book will help change things going forward? I would be surprised if Pope Francis reads it. If he does read it and if he really is as arrogant and dictatorial as some are suggesting, he will simply ignore it and keep focussing on the climate change issue which seems to be all that matters to him. That Brazilian priest who got married without being laicised but still says Mass gave a fairly accurate account of the Pope's priorities which boiled down to climate change. Amoris Laetitia is the modernists' reward for their support.

13. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

Whew! When I saw headline I thought....no longer "Father"?!

Pope Francis wants to change line of 'Our Father'

Pope Francis has suggested he wants to make a change to The Lord's Prayer, widely known among the faithful as the “Our Father.”

Specifically, the Catholic leader said in an interview Wednesday he would prefer to adjust the phrase “lead us not into temptation,” saying that it too strongly suggested that God leads people to sin.

“That is not a good translation,” the pope said, according to Reuters.

The phrase “do not let us fall into temptation,” which the Catholic Church in France has previously decided to use, would be a more appropriate alternative, Francis said.

He added that the phrase used by the French, or similar wording, should then be implemented around the globe.

The prayer originated from Jesus’s language of Aramaic. It was then translated to ancient Greek, and later to Latin.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...ange-line-of-our-father/ar-BBGnr4G?li=BBnb7Kz

14. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

I remember reading about this before. It is not new.

Carol55 likes this.
  15. Mario

Mario Powers

One thing I strive to be careful of is carving my understanding of another person in stone. I am in dismay concerning certain actions and words of the Holy Father and there isn't much one can say to alleviate my sorrow. For I see the fruit it has borne in the Church (ex. Maltese bishops). And then, of course, is the lack of correction and/or clarification from the Holy Father.

But what I find disturbing is there are those who share my grief, who proceed to analyze and form negative judgments on every homily or casual remark that comes forth from the mouth of our Pontiff. It strikes me that such a person might have set in stone their perception of the Holy Father's character and are always looking to reinforce that which may be morphing into a caricature. Is this the lack of charity of which Padraig speaks? After all, the Scriptures are always reminding us:

1 Sam 16:7 ...God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.

A number of years ago, there was a guitar player in the music ministry of the prayer group I belonged to; his name was Tom. He was a simple, jovial guy who had certain shortcomings that really irritated me. I was content that I didn't possess those shortcomings, and considered myself a wee bit wiser. One night I had a dream that started out in a marvelous way. I found myself in the midst of a glorious throng before the throne of God. We were praising God and worshiping Him. The sense of joy and awe were palatable! Well, I usually praise God with my eyes closed, but at one point I opened them and noticed two things. First, a good, holy friend of mine, Ann, was standing next to me and we were in a pew, about the 50th pew back from the Throne. I thought that 50 pews back was pretty respectable, after all we were in the midst of a throng! So I closed my eyes and went back to praising the Lord. A little later, I opened my eyes once more, and to my dismay saw Tom up in the second row of all places. What on earth :LOL:, was he doing up there!? Not only that, Tom had the audacity to turn around and wink at me! :eek::D The dream promptly ended at that point and its obvious message was not lost to my convicted soul:

1 Sam 16:7 ...God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.

From then on I have striven never to set another's character in stone!:notworthy::notworthy:

Safe in the Humility of God!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    josephite, maryrose, sterph and 3 others like this.
  16. padraig

padraig New Member

What a wonderful teaching dream. Sounds like something from Scripture. :) The thorns in our feet our are the rungs in our ladder to heaven. Perhaps that is why the saints had so many thorns. Jungles of them.

It is hard to imagine that in heaven no one will ever annoy us and we will never annoy anyone else.

Just imagine.

17. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Archangels

I thought that all of the actions and votes in a Conclave are strictly secret
    If so
    Why have they been published?
    I am all for the truth coming out, but at what price?
    My grandmother had a saying: if you look for something with a lit candle, you will find it

I just feel a little bit contrary here lately
    o_O

Carol55 likes this.
  18. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

etoa, I saw this recent story but I am pretty certain that this is something that has been discussed for quite some time, maybe I am thinking of the French as they stated in the story.

Mario,

This is very well said. On ETWN last night, Robert Royal questioned the title of the book, "The Dictator Pope" and he stated that we need to remain loyal to the Pope. IMHO, the book is not just about the Pope and I am almost certain that a much, much longer book can be written about all of the good things about Pope Francis, we shouldn't forget that.

HH,

I don't know that much about a Papal Conclave but I thought the same as you. I noticed that there is Wikipedia page dedicated to the Papal of Conclave of 2013, they confirmed that there were 5 ballots along with more information than I thought would be public but I don't think that they contained anything about a problem with the 4th ballot as this new book states there was.

gracia likes this.
  19. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Archangels

Thanks for the info
    You are good at tracking down leads

Carol55 likes this.
  20. BrianK

BrianK Resident Kook, Crank, Curmudgeon - & Mod Staff Member

http://marymagdalen.blogspot.co.uk/2017/12/dictator-pope-some-thoughts.html?m=1

Dictator Pope - some thoughts

[​IMG]I finished that book, 'The Dictator Pope', a few days ago. There was very little that was new in it but it is shocking when scandals are brought together in a catalogue of vice. This is certainly not a book I would recommend most people reading, especially those who are easily shocked.

It portrays a picture of an arbitrary self-seeking princeling with few virtues and practically every vice. For those who hear confessions regularly it gives an insight into the cup which is clean on the outside but full of corruption on the inside.

It gives an insight into the contemporary Church, certainly into the psychology of many of its leading clergy and perhaps into the heresy of Mercy. In the abuse crisis so many of our leaders like Cardinal Daneels, who comes in for much criticism, not only defended abusers, telling their victim they needed to repent but they simply pretended there was no problem. Maybe they were not as bad as Cardinal Maradiaga who chairs Francis' Council of Nine, he dismissed the whole matter as a construction of the 'Jewish media'.

A false, heretical understanding of Mercy reduces God to being tolerant of everything, to the point where sin disappears and black becomes white, the foolish are regarded as wise, the corrupt become virtuous. A tolerant God means mankind has no need of Redemption or Salvation, the whole Christological drama becomes unnecessary and humanity has no need of a moral compass, because whatever is done, so long as it doesn't undermine the Enlightenment virtues, is fine.

An excess of Mercy has a tendency to remove any critical faculty. God becomes the watchmaker who having finished his work, sets it in place to run by itself, he is not as scripture portrays him concerned by our every action, nor is he the one who will come to judge between sheep and goats, and certainly not the one who is concerned about our personal integrity, our truth telling, our sexual or financial morality and our craving for power. It works well for a dictator, in that any criticism or expression of doubts or any questioning about this new god (the god of theological speculation, rather than God revealed by Jesus Christ in scripture and Tradition) becomes a sign of sickness, rigidity, even heresy but worst of all of the unforgivable sins of divisiveness and disloyalty.

What I find so shocking in this book, which hardly reveals any new secrets, just adds a few details, is that such corruption as it reveals causes dis-ease in so few. Indeed, those who do raise concerns are hussled to the margins and vilified. Colonna gives us insight into a court that seems to be hotbed of neurotic revenge, nepotism, financial corruption, homosexual practice and where surveillance and gossip are rife and where image is all. A quote from the book, a priest said, "It is not who or what you know, it is now about what you know about who you know", he was talking about a culture of blackmail.
    Why is it tolerated? Why is it so easily accepted? Why do so few denounce it?

Perhaps it is that Catholicism in particular has seen so many changes in recent years that there are so few points of stability from which bearings can be taken. Even the Gospels, the actual revealed words of Jesus are pushed to the background and replaced by 'the sublime theology' of some German Cardinal. The author makes the point that what has been lost in the last few years is Jesus's 'Let your yes mean yes and your no mean no',

Being anxious that some fragment of the Lord's body might be lost or desecrated should be important to priests, nowadays being deeply concerned that a word, a comma of Lord's being lost should be a deep, deep concern of every Christian because where sin and vice abounds Christ cannot be tolerated

But then many bishops and religious superiors simply turned a blind eve to sexual abuse and abusers.....

Mario, Dolours, padraig and 2 others like this.