1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

The Cross at Christmas

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by padraig, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Let me ask you a simple question Padraig. Your finger is pointing at me. Are there any pointing back? Are there words sticking to them?

Occasionally I have stood up for myself here in the face of horrendous abuse and bullying. No longer. Now I trust in Higher Powers.

Mary of the evening,
    Pray for me throughout the night,
    Stay with me til morning's light.

St Michael and my Guardian angel be at my side.

If God wants me to stay I will stay. If He wants me to go I will go. What you want matters little. What God wants is all that matters. I am convinced that right now I am meant to be here.

That may change tomorrow. It may be best for me to be far from here. God knows what is best for me. God always wants what is best for me.

You do what you want. That may be the same as what God wants. For your sake I hope you do not go against God's will.

Take note Padraig Caughey, Christmas or not you are still subject to the will of God. I pray that you see and hear what God wants. That is the best prayer I can make for you.

a wee one likes this.
  2. Elisa

Elisa Archangels

May I make a suggestion to all of you who are discussing and disputing in this thread ? I know, it is not my businness, but I say it anyway:

Take TWO days off and pray, take a break, i.e. do not poste anymore in this thread and then come back.

You know, I am not going home to my parents at Christmas because they do not give me that feeling of being welcome.....
    BUT GOOD HEAVEN when I read your messages here, between BELIEVERS in JESUS, I CRY, I WEEP EVEN MORE.....

PLEASE : STOP HURTING EACH OTHER

Julia, Clare A, josephite and 3 others like this.
  3. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

Joe is a Guest again.
    Farewell Joe.
    Padraig has obviously decided to relieve you of this cross that you accused him of.
    Have a peaceful Christmas.
    upload_2016-12-17_23-8-22.jpeg

BrianK likes this.
  4. padraig

padraig New Member

It's my Christmas present to myself.:)

BrianK likes this.
  5. padraig

padraig New Member

Sometimes kicking ass is necessary Elisa. Jesus did it quite regularly in the Gospel as you may recall. Padre Pio did it pretty well on a daily basis. Sometimes a good kicked ass is very often a much healthier ass. If not healthier it makes for good exercise for the feet.

6. jerry

jerry Angels

Who gets to kick your ass Padraig?

7. padraig

padraig New Member

If you look at the posts on the forum Jerry you will see numerous examples of people kicking my ass and they are still on the forum.

You are currently kicking my ass and you're still here, the ground hasn't opened and swallowed you.

Julia, Glenn and BrianK like this.
  8. Elisa

Elisa Archangels

Don't you all see that the DEVIL is trying to provoke fight and divistion between us ? DO NOT FALL INTO HIS TRAP.
    God does not want anyone to kick the ass of the other, nor does He wants that the ground opens and swallows us. Padraig, please, you know better than that.
    It was said that Padre Pio passed some time in Purgatory before entering in Paradis, perhaps because he kicked to much ?
    We can corrrect each other but it should always be in mutual respect. Also the words "Padraig is a cross to me" is very offending and hurts tremendously. But even then we should reply to that in a respectful and kind way, not by hurting. This is said in the Scriptures.
    How is this possible guys ? What are we doing here ? Killing each other by hatred words ? I do not care who is wrong or not, who is right or not. Just stop offending each other. We are ALL the Temple of God and every time we hurt each other by our mean words, we nail JESUS. WE NAIL HIM. WE HURT HIM.

Seagrace likes this.
  9. CrewDog

CrewDog Powers

Speaking of Christmas Crosses. Two years ago I put together my own Cross for Christmas outside display. I was going to use 2x4s until I spied a foam beach "noodle" in my garage. I cut it into pieces of proper proportions, sectioned out portions where the pieces intersected, Gorilla glued them together and spray painted it with a can of gold paint that I happened to have. I then intertwined one each string of red & green Christmas lights .... very easy project ... and cheap :LOL::
    cross_edited-1.jpg I might also remind you of a Christmas Tradion I started 10 years ago. I buy enough Christmas JMJ Stamps to last all year. In the USA you may go online and buy Christmas stamps anytime of the year:)
    GOD SAVE ALL HERE!! .................. & MERRY CHRISTmas!!!!

Julia, CathyG, Elly and 1 other person like this.
  10. padraig

padraig New Member

Wow!! I never saw a Christmas Cross before, Denis. Was this your own idea?

11. CrewDog

CrewDog Powers

I'm not sure where I got the idea? It may have come from my stay in Korea where the Christian Churches there have red lighted crosses on their churches (all year). I remember that I thought about Christmas when I first saw them. Depending on how 2017 unfolds I may be leaving my Christmas Cross out all year?

GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!

6535401225_1a8c611c8a_b.jpg

Julia likes this.
  12. Glenn

Glenn Powers Staff Member

Maybe it should. The lack of respect for you here astounds me sometimes Padraig.

BrianK likes this.
  13. DonnaS

DonnaS Guest

I want to wish everyone on this forum a Blessed Christmas week.....let's get back to the blessings before us. Padraig, I love the beginning of this thread. I sent that video of the Piano Guys to all of my friends on FB....and then emailed a group. Everyone was really moved to tears by that beautiful video.

Praetorian, Elisa, Elly and 1 other person like this.
  14. Seagrace

Seagrace New Member

Elly and Elisa like this.
  15. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

I didn't think the bantering between joe and padraig was that bad. Like two kids in a school yard.

But i guess it affected Padraig. Ive seen more uncharitable statements about Our Holy Father and no one has said anything.

:(

16. padraig

padraig New Member

I saw a strange thing yesterday at the railway station, Donna. I had just climbed the steps and there was a little Starling just sitting there and did not move when I went right up to it. I thought at first it was injured but no, I don;t believe so , for I stood watching it from a doorway and it flew up on top of a bush. I noticed it has a white collar round its neck , like a white line. Later that night I saw a star so beautiful. So clear. It reminded me how often I rush through life without taking the time to see, to really see. Such a pity. I like to think prayer slows us down, at least a little and gives us eyes to see.

I took this picture up the mountains at sun down tonight

[​IMG]

Julia, Elisa, CathyG and 3 others like this.
  17. padraig

padraig New Member

Here is a portion of an email I received from Joe:

'As to present matters I now write to you not as a threat or wish for harm but to repeat the notice I gave you on a previous occasion. For many months I have feared that severe repercussions await you from heaven for what you have done on MoG.

'My honest answer to the question you so rudely and repeatedly and violently thrust in my face is, no I do not think your forum is God's work. It is permeated with a spirit of death and corruption not because of its members but because of what you have pumped into its veins and arteries.

The heart that circulates this bad blood is infused with fear and anger and carries disease through every thread no matter how good their subject matter. Your attitudes and actions alone are responsible for this. You are of course assisted and supported in this by Brian and Mac primarily.

Please do not take this the wrong way but are you all alcoholic? Having worked with many sufferers of this condition and although not one myself, I recognise the signs and symptoms in you and the others. Perhaps it is this spirit whose presence I discern. It is not hard to see it. Type A Graham Green and a bit more in your case. My brother was a sober alcoholic. As with the poor alcoholic emotionalism and religiosity now play a large part in your forum. (I know you can use this quote against me.)'

That is the basic reason I put Joe of the forum. He had come to the conclusion that I was evil and was actively working to put in place his own agenda. Why else would he stay on the forum? That is why when I asked him if he considered that the forum was good or evil he did not reply. Because if he had honestly and openly replied that he thought it was evil and that I was evil the obvious question would have been , 'Well what on Earth are you doing here then?'

That is why I put him off the forum, I could tell what many of the rest of you could not that he was doing this.

I am going to have to toughen up here. This was a matter of forum discipline . I am not going to let myself be used as some kind of football to be kicked in the future. Anymore attacks on me and the person who does it will be put off the forum instantly and at once with no further warning.

If you do not like this place , leave it. One Joe Crozier was one too many, I am not putting up with anymore of it. I was repeatedly kind and forgiving to him because I could tell he was unwell and got kicked in the teeth for it. Repeatedly. However he became malevolent in the end and was actively working to destroy this place.What did you expect me to do? Let him?

So no more insults, veiled or otherwise. I have had enough of it.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    Julia, Clare A, Frodo and 4 others like this.
  18. Light

Light Angels

Time: What is God's greatest gift to you?

Mother Teresa: The poor people.

Time: How are they a gift?

Mother Teresa: I have an opportunity to be with Jesus 24 hours a day.

These words are awesome; Helping the disadvantaged , Feeding the hungry, Visiting the prisoners
    place us in the company of Jesus; it shows we are becoming more like Jesus on the cross, looking out in sorrow at the people "Father forgive them"; aware of the other in the most terrible circumstances; and our primary focus is no longer on me or mine.

Awesome words !

God Bless

Elly likes this.
  19. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

No one knows the real stories. Thank you for updating us on the joe situation. If you read the thread...it really didn't make sense. The whole situation was very wierd. Now it is clear. I guess its a good example of making conclusions, without knowing all the facts. Sometime for good or bad...it is the same way with Pope Francis. Thank you for being so up front with us. You didn't have to do it. But i think it was needed, so we could understand what was going on.

As for Joe, he went extremely overboard. You actually showed great restraint. To call someone names and insinuate someone being evil... is terrible.

Brother al

20. padraig

padraig New Member

The reason why you did not see what Joe was doing was, not that the evidence was not there but because you could not see it because you would not see it because Joe was saying things you wanted to hear and agree with. Since then he was saying the kind of things you agreed with there could be nothing wrong with him. On the other hand I was writing things you could only disagree with. So Joe must be fine. Whereas the evidence of what he was doing was plain to see for anyone with eyes that were open

As Jesus said (an I note he too was accused of being a drunk) ,

Matthew 11:16-19

16 “To what can I compare this generation? They are like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling out to others:

17 “‘We played the pipe for you,
    and you did not dance;
    we sang a dirge,
    and you did not mourn.’

18 For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, ‘He has a demon.’ 19 The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.’ But wisdom is proved right by her deeds.”

[​IMG]