1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

The Car Dealer

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by padraig, Dec 25, 2017.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

Thanks Indy, a Holy New Year. I was watching the heavy snow out there and thinking how scary it must be in such a huge country.

2. Frank Markus

Frank Markus New Member

Hello Padraig, thank you also for pointing out Matt Talbot. I had never heard of him but checked out the videos you posted.
    With him and St. Isidore we have two powerful intercessors regarding internet related addictions. What a happy coincidence that they both got pointed out here.

padraig, Mary's child and sterph like this.
  3. padraig

padraig New Member

Matt Talbot used to go to confession to a Jesuit Priest in the city. Of course the secrets of the confessional are total, but one time other priests recall a conversation they had with this gentleman about the possibility that there might be a saint somewhere in the city at that time.. To which the old Jesuit replied, 'I know a man who comes to me to confession who regularly is visited by and has conversations with the Blessed Virgin Mary'.

Years after these priests recalled this comment after Matt Talbot died. I am sure it was him.

Matt Talbot achieved his sanctity through his addiction to alcohol; through fighting it. Such an excellent illustration of the fact that what is our biggest apparent obstacle in the spiritual life actually becomes our great aid when we open ourselves to grace.

Matt Talbot pray for us.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  4. Muzhik

Muzhik Archangels

Padraig, you don't know the half of it. I'm in Iowa, in the middle of America. I grew up in a small town, population around 2,500. The nearest other town was about 20 km away, about 500 people. In between and all around was flat farmland inhabited by cows and the occasional farmer. In the winter there was nothing to stop the wind coming down from Canada (aka "The Alberta Clipper"). You could always tell where the old farmsteads had stood not by the rubble of an old farmhouse but by the groves of trees around a bare spot. The trees had been planted as windbreaks to keep the blowing snow from drifting up around the house. Poplars were very popular as they are a very fast-growing tree.

All you can do in times of heavy snow is to make sure you're prepared for isolation and to use common sense. The problem is, common sense is so uncommon.

5. Muzhik

Muzhik Archangels

You can get a hint about this from this song. It's from a pair of musicians that released a couple of albums of "Country Swing". (The song just before this is my favorite version of "I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire". The entire album is dance-able.)

Anyway, I lived in Fargo (North Dakota) for a few years and I can attest to the truth of this song. (The Wicked Wind of Fargo)

6. padraig

padraig New Member

What an amazing country, it must imprint itself on your very soul. It is the same of Mother Russia, I think it is right to speak of a Russian, 'Soul'. I am afraid little Ireland would be the size of one your counties.:)

I have been praying hard to my Angle Guardian all day today since he caught my attention. I had been annoyed because I have not got my car yet. The guy won't release it until the mechanic checks it over and the mechanic is down with the flu, so I won;t see it till next week.

I heard my angel quite distinctly say ,

'You're behaving like spoilt child!''

Which is quite true. :) he also pointed out I was being petty trying to get the parking space outside my home all the time, taking it away from quarrelsome neighbours he pointed out that they were being petty but that I was being pettty too and asked me to let them have it entirely to themselves from now on. It is killing me but I will do so.

Angel Guardians are fun. I feel sorry for mine, I have not given him an easy time of it.:)

Claves.Sancti.Petri likes this.
  7. padraig

padraig New Member

Did you ever meet any Indians?

8. Muzhik

Muzhik Archangels

I've met a number in my lifetime, but they have all been raised Anglo (i.e., not on the reservation). I worked at North Dakota State University in Fargo, right on the banks of the Red River of the North (as opposed to the RR of the South, which is in Texas). It's the only river in the US that flows north. There are some Sioux settlements in the central part of North Dakota, but the predominant tribe around Fargo and in Northern Minnesota is Ojibwe (aka Chippewa).

Life is hard there. There are two truisms (more than simple cliches) that apply to North Dakota. The first is that "40 below keeps out the riff-raff." (For those that don't know, -40 is the same in Celsius as in Fahrenheit.) The other is that in North Dakota, people leave the front doors locked to show they're not home, and the back doors unlocked in case you need to get in. Understand that in Fargo, people have died in their cars inside city limits when their cars ran into a snowbank, and it was too cold and windy to risk leaving the car in the hope you'd find a house.

9. Muzhik

Muzhik Archangels

No, no! The entire island of Ireland is about 5,200 square kilometers smaller than the state of Indiana.

10. padraig

padraig New Member

Have you followed Shaman prophecy?

It seems to me Our Lady appeared to them centuries ago