1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

The Body, The Soul

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by padraig, Nov 2, 2017.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

There is nothing that brings me down to Earth with a bump as when the body is slightly not working right. I slept very,very little the night before last and it made the work day so hard. Perhaps it has something to do with mt spirituality but I think I often factor in how the body is or is not doing in my perception of the Spiritual Life. Big mistake. Today I slept so well I feel like I could sing and dance. But I am not in any better spiritual state of health than I was yesterday!! It only feels so.

I have been having a conversation with a very good Catholic lady in work which has had me thinking. She is I think the only person in work of about 40 people, most of them Catholic whom I would clearly identify as a , 'Real Catholic'. In other words someone who I would see as being Catholic makes her who she she is , what she says and what she does. Someone in other words who clearly lives who Faith; someone I admire.

I know this may sound elitist but if living the Faith does not identify us what use is it? How are we living it? If living our Faith does not set us apart what use is it? How then have the sheep come apart from the goats?

Matthew 25:31-46

The Sheep and the Goats

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

[​IMG]

Booklady likes this.
  2. padraig

padraig New Member

What are the Signs to me that this lady lives her Faith? What identifies her so clearly as a good Catholic, living her Faith?

Well now let me think...

First of all she does not bull shit. She is very,very honest both with herself and others. This is most, most unusual. Most of us to some extent or other live a lie. We pretend things are not as they are because it is far more convenient to pretend that we others are acting and being other than we are. But when this lady sees that something is wrong (she is a supervisor) she calls it as it is , right away loudly and clearly. She does this constantly. It is quite remarkable. Or to put it more simply , she is a deeply honest person. She has courage, true grit.

I think this is one of the things that can drive teenagers crazy. When they understand that their parents and others are deeply, deeply dishonest. That there is a huge margin between what they claim to be and what they actually are. This margin also destroys marriages.

But this lady is exactly who she claims to be and calls the truth to others. I so admire this honesty. She reminds me of a little lioness. :)

Proverbs 12:17-27

17 When you tell the truth, justice is done, but lies lead to injustice.
    18 Thoughtless words can wound as deeply as any sword, but wisely spoken words can heal.
    19 A lie has a short life, but truth lives on forever.
    20 Those who plan evil are in for a rude surprise, but those who work for good will find happiness.
    21 Nothing bad happens to righteous people, but the wicked have nothing but trouble.
    22 The Lord hates liars, but is pleased with those who keep their word.
    23 Smart people keep quiet about what they know, but stupid people advertise their ignorance.
    24 Hard work will give you power; being lazy will make you a slave.
    25 Worry can rob you of happiness, but kind words will cheer you up.
    26 The righteous person is a guide to his friend, but the path of the wicked leads them astray.
    27 If you are lazy, you will never get what you are after, but if you work hard, you will get a fortune.

[​IMG]