1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

The best Ave Maria?

Discussion in 'Music' started by garabandal, Jun 11, 2017.

1. garabandal

garabandal Powers

What is the best Ave Maria ever sung?

I will start with soprano Barbara Bonney.

2. DivineMercy

DivineMercy Archangels

I'm interested in opinions on this as well. I guess there could be several categories as to what is defined as "best", though. What is best in the context of using for Mass, a concert, meditation, etc. My choir has been at odds trying to decide which Ave Maria is "best" o_O

3. Dolours

Dolours Powers

I prefer it sung by a male singer. Couldn't choose between the singers on this mix

AED, Byron and Pray4peace like this.
  4. Mario

Mario Powers

There are two popular versions of the Ave Maria, so I thought to include one of each, male and female:

Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!

AED, Byron and Pray4peace like this.
  5. Pray4peace

Pray4peace Ave Maria

This is one of my absolute favorite songs ever! It is so beautiful. I feel that this song truly touches my soul. Thank you for posting these different versions. I listened to them while doing the dishes this evening and it made my chore much more pleasant.

AED and Dolours like this.
  6. David Maddaford

David Maddaford New Member

There is a beautiful setting of "Ave Maria" by the sixteenth-century composer Jacques Arcadelt. This is a fine version:

sunburst, Mac and Sam like this.