1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Talking to God.

Discussion in 'On prayer itself' started by padraig, Dec 4, 2017.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

Yes it seems to be a very old French prayer card. I notice that they seem to wonderful cards of this type in France.

2. padraig

padraig New Member

[​IMG]

Shae likes this.
  3. padraig

padraig New Member

[​IMG]

Shae likes this.
  4. padraig

padraig New Member

Well just finished my shift. I am sorry I have not had time to write more. :)

I would like to turn to four or five good example in the lives of people of prayer who have had direct ongoing conversations with God. Of course all good Christians have conversation with God. Love is about relationship and relationships imply communication. But each of us has our own spiritual path. By direct talk I mean a phenomena that seems so similar to our Earthly way, direct talking.

A bit like Moses, who, as scripture tells us spoke directly face to face with Go:)d

Exodus 33:11

The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend. Then Moses would return to the camp, but his young aide Joshua son of Nun did not leave the tent.

[​IMG]

Shae and AED like this.
  5. padraig

padraig New Member

The first mystic I think of when reflecting on mystics who spoke to God directly, like Moses, is a modern one Gabrielle Bossis.

http://www.mysticsofthechurch.com/2009/11/gabrielle-bossis-he-and-i.html

'Gabrielle Bossis (1874-1950) was a Catholic Mystic and layperson who lived in France in the 20th century. Born in Nantes, France in 1874, she was the youngest child of a family of four children. As a child in a well to do family, she was taught and raised in proper social graces and etiquette, and she grew up to be a graceful, happy and high spirited young woman, but as from her childhood she possessed a strong yearning for God and the things of the Spirit. She obtained a Degree in Nursing, and enjoyed the fine arts of that time, including sculpting, painting, illuminating and music. Later in life she discovered that she had another talent- that of writing moral plays and also acting. From that point on until two years before her death she traveled extensively in France and abroad, producing her own plays and acting in the principal role. Those who still remember her remark about her infectious laughter and her unfailing charm.

On very rare occasions in her early life, Gabrielle had been surprised by a Mysterious Voice, which she heard and felt with awe, and sometimes anxious questionings, which she perceived to be the Voice of Christ. It was only at the age of 62, however, that this touching dialogue with the "Inner Voice" began in earnest, continuing (at least in her notes) until two weeks before her death on June 9, 1950.'

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  6. padraig

padraig New Member

June 16,1949 – Corpus Christi (As I awakened)

“Happy Feast Day, my dear God.“

( … ) “Can you seek Me and not find Me? Here or there, am I not always waiting for you? Since I love you so dearly, just let yourself be loved and come to meet My love. Then it will really be Corpus Christi, My feast.

You know, there need not be any interruption between Corpus Christi on earth and Corpus Christi in heaven. The procession never stops. The last Altar of Repose is in heaven – the Heart of God where My blessed ones live. So begin right now to sing and thank and adore. Do you know what an Altar of Repose is? It’s an élan of love and joy, an outburst of enthusiasm. So put altars of repose into your life, into each one of your days.

Take a moment to love Us better. To talk to Me about yourself, above all about your weaknesses. I know them well, but in telling Me about them you wipe them out, just as though you wrote them on the moving sand of the great desert that the wind never ceases to restore, smooth and unwrinkled. This is what My love does. It never ceases to act. Leave yourself to Me.
    Be the clay and let Me be the Potter. Often – I was going to say, ‘always’.”

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8...vtargid=kwd-4970048426&ref=pd_sl_910urw615d_e

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. AED

AED Powers

LOVE this book. I often take it to my hour of adoration.

8. padraig

padraig New Member

I think she wrote another book as a follow up?
    Maybe not, I can't find it, I thought I read another book by her many years ago.