1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Steamer

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by padraig, Jan 11, 2017.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

I bought a steamer to do the cleaning around the house. Has anyone ever used one? Do you think they are much good?

Mac and Beth B like this.
  2. josephite

josephite Powers

When I saw the thread 'Steamer', I thought it was a welcome to a new member thread!
    And the name 'Steamer' meant (for me anyway), it could possibly be a new member with a revolving or rotating IP address!:ROFLMAO:

I'm sorry Padraig, I'm not much help on a real steamer.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    "Quis ut Deus", Adoremus and Beth B like this.
  3. Dolours

Dolours Powers

I have used a steamer for cleaning floor tiles and was very impressed. It wasn't my own steamer and not in my own house (I was helping a family member). I was very impressed although not impressed enough to buy one for my own house.

4. sterph

sterph Principalities

I do not think they make the floors shine, but they serve the purpose I guess. And they do not go smoothly over the floor after a bit so I felt like I was really pushing and pulling the thing. It may only be the one I borrowed though, maybe other brands would have been better.

5. JAA

JAA New Member

I have 3 dogs so I like my steamer for disinfecting purposes. It does not make my laminate floors look shiny as claimed though I use distilled water in it. It is not a virtually effortless process as demonstrated either. But if you have little creatures allowed in your home a steamer does help keep it fit for humans.

6. JAA

JAA New Member

It occurred to me after closing my message that I had just gone from reading about earthquake warnings, possible heresy with clerical infighting, revolving IP's, a lovely picture of Our Lady of Perpetual Help, to opinions on steam cleaners. There must be something for everyone on this forum.

7. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

I used mine to strip wallpaper...worked great. Follow directions....don't tilt it too much...can ruin the heating element. Attachments for steaming clothing etc. cheap versions on eBay..got mine there;)

Oh, yes....it works great for loosening dirt anywhere. Used mine on tile flooring.

8. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

I have 8 daughters. A little expensive I admit, but well worth it.
    Cooking, cleaning,mowing lawns, brilliant.:D

9. padraig

padraig New Member

Thanks very much! The puppies were fun but dirty. I hope to take a week of work soon to redecorate and clean.

I watched a programme one time about a Carmel in New York. The nuns used to rent a large appartment for their Carmel, run down and cheap . Then they cleaned it and decorated it. But as soon as they fixed the palce up the landlords always put the rent up and they had to move again.

But in any religious house I love to see clean. St Paul of the Cross when checking up on his religious houses always used to check the cleaniless of the toilets out first. He reckoned if things were fine in the toilets every thing else would be fine.

Clever man:)

Malachi likes this.
  10. "Quis ut Deus"

"Quis ut Deus" Powers Staff Member

Whatever you do don't use a steamer on a laminate floor , a wooden surface or a painted surface...;);)

11. Clare A

Clare A Principalities

we have a carpet cleaner which works by very hot water and it's excellent. With two dogs and my husband's propensity for traipsing around with mud on his shoes, the carpets do get grubby quite fast. A steamer sounds more versatile and you could use it in the car as well. I assume you are not a smoker but curtains would be easier to clean with a steamer.

12. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

I'm sorry...I thought that you meant a hand held multi purpose steamer. ( little steamer)

I also use a floor steamer by shark. I love it. I use it on my hardwoods....no detergent...except on tile flooring.
    You can buy replacement , washable cleaning pads on eBay cheaper than the shark company.

Much more sanitary to use. When you are finished cleaning, remove pad, throw it in the washer and that's it. I'd buy another one in a heart beat.

13. Adoremus

Adoremus Archangels

Same here. The thread 'Grinding Grain' made me wonder too!

josephite and "Quis ut Deus" like this.
  14. "Quis ut Deus"

"Quis ut Deus" Powers Staff Member

Awk Adoremus you really need to keep up :D:D

josephite likes this.
  15. Malachi

Malachi Principalities

8 daughters wow. I have 2 and am not looking forward to the tweenie years. I told my wife already that their will be house interview for prospective dates:D

Regarding steamers padraig my da got me a fairly inexpensive one and it does a great job especially on tiled floors...enjoy

Mac likes this.