1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Stabbat Mater

Discussion in 'Welcome to new Members' started by padraig, Dec 7, 2017.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

Mary's child, Shae and gracia like this.
  2. AED

AED Powers

My husband just spent two weeks in Notway snd visited this church. Padraig how can you look forward to snow??? We are rejoicing in the frozen north because we don't have any yet!:rolleyes:

Shae and gracia like this.
  3. padraig

padraig New Member

I love the snow , it must be the child in me. It is like grace and makes everything new and white. I hope to get to midday mass and then up the mountains to see the first flakes falling.:)

Did you ever hear the story of Our Lady of the Snows?

Shae, gracia and AED like this.
  4. AED

AED Powers

Actually I have loved it too up to a few years ago and always looked forward to the first snowfall but now... this is how I know I am truly old. Now it is slippery sidewalks and roofs that need to be shoveled and driveways that need to be plowed. Each of these I offer as a mortification and I certainly should NOT complain. Getting crotchety I guess. BTW right after I posted I checked the weather and we are getting snow Saturday and Sunday. LOL.

Shae likes this.
  5. padraig

padraig New Member

Heavy snow forecast for tomorrow, very,very unusual for Ireland this early...

but I say......:)

Shae, gracia and AED like this.
  6. padraig

padraig New Member

Shae and AED like this.
  7. AED

AED Powers

I am delighted for you. I am guessing snow storms are not a common occurrence in Northern Ireland but here in Maine we have “an abundance of riches” usually from late October to the end of March—sometimes to mid April so the novelty wears off. ;)
    But a snow fall is a glorious thing for all that. The trees are arrayed in ermine the streams and lakes are islands of white and the fields are pure silk. As a child I would almost go into a kind of ecstasy with a snow storm.

Shae, sterph and gracia like this.