1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

St Michael relic stone

Discussion in 'The mystical and Paranormal' started by Don_D, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Don_D

Don_D Powers

I recently read in an article on Spiritdaily about the cave of Saint Michael the Archangel. After the article there was a mention of being able to obtain one of these relic stones for a donation. I was wondering if anyone has one of them? I was drawn to it especially because of an experience I had that I would say was very much obsessive. I experienced a very strong mental attack which lasted for hours and was only relieved when I prayed for God to send St Michael to help me. In the article Fr Chad Ripperger recommends that we carry a relic stone as a Sacramental for intercession, deliverance, and protection of St Michael the Archangel.

What I was wondering though is if this would be appropriate in my case? I was baptized Catholic as a child but can not partake in the Sacraments yet (currently in RCIA) and so I do not know if this would be appropriate. I obviously very much believe in the power of relics, Holy water, blessed Rosaries and medals.

http://atxcatholic.com/index.php/2017/09/angels-dragons-iii-st-michael-relic-stone/#.WarRIcjfpdh

gracia likes this.
  2. Chiara

Chiara Archangels

I read the article the other day and I was so impressed by the story behind it I ordered one and just got a confirmation email today that they will be shipping it soon.

If you feel compelled to order one, you should. How can anyone go wrong with protection from St. Michael?

gracia likes this.
  3. Pray4peace

Pray4peace Ave Maria

I was planning on ordering one too. But I noticed they only take PayPal. I don't currently have an account. I wonder if there's another option for ordering?

By the way Don, I see absolutely no reason why you shouldn't order one. Based on some of the things that you've written, you're more Catholic (even if it's not yet official) than most people I know!

gracia, Mary's child and Don_D like this.
  4. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

I would like one too but do not have paypal.

5. Don_D

Don_D Powers

I found this link to a talk that Fr Ripperger gave regarding Sacramentals. He speaks about the St Michael relic stones in it as well as others..

6. Denise P

Denise P Principalities

Back in 2011 on our way back from Medujorie my sister and I were fortunate enough to spend a day at the St. Michael cave. It was very beautiful and we did indeed feel as if we were on holy ground. But no one mentioned anything about a sacramental stone nor did we see anything like it in the gift shop. I would have surely brought something like that back home. I did however buy a book with the history of the apparition and how the basilica came to be and there was no mention of such a thing. Just saying...

gracia likes this.
  7. Does anyone have a link?

8. sparrow

sparrow Archangels

9. Don_D

Don_D Powers

I ordered one a few days ago but have not heard from them yet. I hope it comes soon, I am very excited to have this in our home. :)

10. Sleeper29

Sleeper29 Guest

Hi Don
    When in Garabandal in 2013 a traveller gave me a reliquary containing a white stone from the cave of St Michael. She related the story that St Francis of Assisi would not enter the cave so unworthy did he feel to occupy a space sanctified by the presence of St Michael. I asked the parish priest of Grabandal if my relic was genuine and he said yes. The next day a Pilgrim couple who had a smaller version of mine but made in the same style also confirmed its authenticity. They gifted me with a small bottle of oil engraved with the word "Loreto". Neither the traveller not the couple knew that I had been baptised in the church of St Michael or that the first house in which I lived was called "Loreto".

djmoforegon, Byron, Booklady and 2 others like this.
  11. Don_D

Don_D Powers

What a wonderful story Sleeper, thank you for sharing it. :)

12. Pray4peace

Pray4peace Ave Maria

Did you ever get any type of order confirmation? I ordered the relic stone a few days ago, but have not yet received anything that acknowledges my donation.

13. Don_D

Don_D Powers

I have not either P4p. In fact, I should contact them because this was back on the 15th when I submitted a donation.

14. Don_D

Don_D Powers

I have emailed them at info@santuariosanmichele.it

Hopefully, I hear back soon. I tried using their email form on their contact page and it seemed that the message never was completed when I hit the send button. It just sat spinning on and on...

15. Chiara

Chiara Archangels

I received an email confirmation from the address you emailed stating this:

We have received your generous donation. For our community, it is a clear sign of Divine Providence. We cordially thank you on behalf of Saint Michael the Archangel, our protector and guide. May Almighty god bless you! We wish you also the protection of Saint Michael the Archangel. In our prayers we will ask for health of your body and spirit. May love and joy be with you always as a sign of God’s blessing.

The 22/09/2017 will be sent a reliquary containing the stone of St. Michael.

You are always in our minds and prayers.

Sincerely,

Michaelite Fathers and the Rector

Rev. Ladislao Suchy

I did get confirmation from my credit card the order was placed. A few days later I received the message above. Hopefully you will hear soon, maybe check your junk mail if you haven't already. It wouldn't surprise me if they were inundated with orders after that story was posted on spiritdaily.

Don_D likes this.
  16. Don_D

Don_D Powers

Thanks Chiara. I noticed on the PayPal receipt that it states that the funds will go through by March 18 2018! I don't know why this would be the case but 6 months is a long time to wait for funds to transfer. Maybe PP flagged their account or something?

17. Chiara

Chiara Archangels

Interesting, DD, I went back through my emails, my PP says the same thing, March 18, 2018. I've used PP many times, never have seen a set up like that before. The PP email came before I received the confirmation email I pasted above. I thought all was ok, now I'm confused.

18. Chiara

Chiara Archangels

The transaction does show up on my credit card bill, so it went through. I wonder if it is up to the fulfiller of the order as to when they take the money from the PP account. When they are ready to ship the order? Maybe it's in some sort of holding pattern until they put it through? If they don't fulfill it by March it expires? Not sure how it works, just guessing.

19. Don_D

Don_D Powers

Well, I heard back from Paypal and they tell me that the funds have gone through on the 17th. I have not heard back from the Church.

I hope that it is simply a case of the Church being swamped with orders that they will catch up with. If I do not receive a reply to my email I will try again in a few days.

20. Don_D

Don_D Powers

I finally heard back from the basilica and should be receiving the St Michael stone soon!

Booklady and gracia like this.