1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

St Mary MacKillop of the cross. Australias First Saint

Discussion in 'The Saints' started by josephite, Oct 20, 2017.

1. josephite

josephite Powers

[​IMG]

"Let us try to keep God with us by charity of thought, word and act."

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    Booklady, Mac, gracia and 2 others like this.
  2. josephite

josephite Powers

[​IMG]

Please MoG members,
    Pray for Australia.
    We need prayer!
    We are having what is called a plebisite in which all Australians are to vote either yes or no in regards to bringing in same sex marriage.

St Mary MacKillop Pray for us.

sunburst, Mac, gracia and 1 other person like this.
  3. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

J.,

I will be praying.

What are your thoughts about your new PM?

There are quite a few young leaders in the world right now. Canada, France, Ireland and recently Austria and now Australia. I know very little about the leaders of these countries, except that Justin Trudeau appears to be very liberal. I hope that you are happy with your new PM.

josephite and Praetorian like this.
  4. josephite

josephite Powers

Malcolm Turnbull has held the office of Prime Minister since 15 September 2015 and he's not young. He is also in favour of same sex marriage but so is the leader of the opposition, so we are in a no win situation.

The plebisite is not binding and even if the 'No' vote wins out, I fear that the 'yes' voters who are quite vocal will force parliment to vote in favour of same sex marriage early next year.

It would be great to think that little Australia, could hold out against this massive world deluge, this tsunami of sodomite demands, but alas I can only pray as St Mary MacKillop, has taught........

"Whatever troubles may be before you, accept them bravely, remembering Whom you are trying to follow. Do not be afraid. Love one another, bear with one another, and let charity guide you all your life. God will reward you as only He can."

5. padraig

padraig New Member

Saint Mary MacKillop was excommunicated at one time. No surprise there!! :D:D

Looking at her face she strikes me a woman not to be messed about with!

St Mary pray for us.

[​IMG]

6. padraig

padraig New Member

sunburst, josephite and gracia like this.
  7. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

My wifes family is related to St Mary MacKillop, with my Father in Law[84yrs] being invited to her Canonisation as his father was a cousin.
    Excommunication is getting tiresome around here.:eek:
    And no doubt coming again.

gracia, sunburst and josephite like this.
  8. padraig

padraig New Member

So many of the saints were treated very, very badly treated by the Church authorities, even to the pint of outright persecution.

I was reading about St John Eudes the other day , he is a good case in point.

[​IMG]

gracia and Mac like this.
  9. josephite

josephite Powers

The plebisite of Australia is in today and it looks like the law will now change to accomodate sodomite relationships and same sex marriage will become legal!!

80% of Australians voted in this non compulsory vote.

The yes vote got 61.something % ---equating to 7.2 million people

and the no vote got 38% -----equating to 5 million people.

What can I say......:( and :mad: and :sick: and :confused: and o_O and :censored: and worried!

10. AED

AED Powers

This was my reaction in my own state in the US when this vote went through. Very clear who the remnant is. And we are outnumbered. But then again as St Paul said “if God is for us who can be against us...”

josephite likes this.