St. Joseph in Our Lady of America: Fatherhood is from God and must take its rightful place among men

Discussion in 'Marian Apparitions' started by Xavier, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Xavier

Xavier "In the end, My Immaculate Heart will Triumph."

His Holiness Pope Leo XIII: "...In truth, the dignity of the Mother of God is so lofty that naught created can rank above it. But as Joseph has been united to the Blessed Virgin by the ties of marriage, it may not be doubted that he approached nearer than any to the eminent dignity by which the Mother of God surpasses so nobly all created natures. For marriage is the most intimate of all unions which from its essence imparts a community of gifts between those that by it are joined together. Thus in giving Joseph the Blessed Virgin as spouse, God appointed him to be not only her life's companion, the witness of her maidenhood, the protector of her honour, but also, by virtue of the conjugal tie, a participator in her sublime dignity. And Joseph shines among all mankind by the most august dignity, since by divine will, he was the guardian of the Son of God and reputed as His father among men. Hence it came about that the Word of God was humbly subject to Joseph, that He obeyed him, and that He rendered to him all those offices that children are bound to render to their parents. From this two-fold dignity flowed the obligation which nature lays upon the head of families, so that Joseph became the guardian, the administrator, and the legal defender of the divine house whose chief he was. And during the whole course of his life he fulfilled those charges and those duties. He set himself to protect with a mighty love and a daily solicitude his spouse and the Divine Infant; regularly by his work he earned what was necessary for the one and the other for nourishment and clothing; he guarded from death the Child threatened by a monarch's jealousy, and found for Him a refuge; in the miseries of the journey and in the bitternesses of exile he was ever the companion, the assistance, and the upholder of the Virgin and of Jesus. Now the divine house which Joseph ruled with the authority of a father, contained within its limits the scarce-born Church. From the same fact that the most holy Virgin is the mother of Jesus Christ is she the mother of all Christians whom she bore on Mount Calvary amid the supreme throes of the Redemption; Jesus Christ is, in a manner, the first-born of Christians, who by the adoption and Redemption are his brothers. And for such reasons the Blessed Patriarch looks upon the multitude of Christians who make up the Church as confided specially to his trust - this limitless family spread over the earth, over which, because he is the spouse of Mary and the Father of Jesus Christ he holds, as it were, a paternal authority. It is, then, natural and worthy that as the Blessed Joseph ministered to all the needs of the family at Nazareth and girt it about with his protection, he should now cover with the cloak of his heavenly patronage and defend the Church of Jesus Christ.

4. You well understand, Venerable Brethren, that these considerations are confirmed by the ,opinion held by a large number of the Fathers, to which the sacred liturgy gives its sanction, that the Joseph of ancient times, son of the patriarch Jacob, was the type of St. Joseph, and the former by his glory prefigured the greatness of the future guardian of the Holy Family. And in truth, beyond the fact that the same name - a point the significance of which has never been denied - was given to each, you well know the points of likeness that exist between them; namely, that the first Joseph won the favour and especial goodwill of his master, and that through Joseph's administration his household came to prosperity and wealth; that (still more important) he presided over the kingdom with great power, and, in a time when the harvests failed, he provided for all the needs of the Egyptians with so much wisdom that the King decreed to him the title "Saviour of the world." Thus it is that We may prefigure the new in the old patriarch. And as the first caused the prosperity of his master's domestic interests and at the same time rendered great services to the whole kingdom, so the second, destined to be the guardian of the Christian religion, should be regarded as the protector and defender of the Church, which is truly the house of the Lord and the kingdom of God on earth. These are the reasons why men of every rank and country should fly to the trust and guard of the blessed Joseph. Fathers of families find in Joseph the best personification of paternal solicitude and vigilance; spouses a perfect example of love, of peace, and of conjugal fidelity; virgins at the same time find in him the model and protector of virginal integrity." http://www.vatican.va/content/leo-x.../hf_l-xiii_enc_15081889_quamquam-pluries.html

From: https://www.motherofallpeoples.com/blog/the-messages-of-saint-joseph-in-our-lady-of-america

"The Messages of Saint Joseph in Our Lady of America

[​IMG]

Beginning in 1938, Washington, DC, USA, a sister of the Congregation of the Precious Blood, known as Sister Mary Ephrem, began receiving locutions from Christ. These inner locutions were later followed by apparitions of the Archangels Michael and Gabriel. On September 25, 1956, while stationed in Rome City, Indiana, the Blessed Virgin Mary, Our Lady of America, began appearing to her. The main theme of the apparitions was the call to purity and conversion of the United States and for the sanctification of the family.

While Our Lady continued to appear to Sister Mary Ephrem for the next few years, it was in October of 1956 that she received an inner locution from St. Joseph, followed by his apparitions in 1958 in which he spoke of his spiritual fatherhood, his protection of the Catholic Church and devotion to his Most Pure Heart.

It is known that Archbishop Paul F. Leilbold, spiritual director of Sister Mary Ephrem, was a supporter of the apparitions, granting the Imprimatur to the messages and also having medals struck according to the instructions of Our Lady of America.

More recently, in a letter dated May 31, 2007, Archbishop Raymond L. Burke (now Cardinal Burke) states:

"What can be concluded canonically is that the devotion was both approved by Archbishop Leibold and, what is more, was actively promoted by him. In addition, over the years, other Bishops have approved the devotion and have participated in public devotion to the Mother of God, under the title of Our Lady of America."

October, 1956

In early October, 1956, about a week after Our Lady’s first appearance, St. Joseph, though I did not see him at this time, spoke to me the following words:

It is true, my daughter, that immediately after my conception I was, through the future merits of Jesus and because of my exceptional role of future Virgin-Father, cleansed from the stain of original sin.

I was from that moment confirmed in grace and never had the slightest stain on my soul. This is my unique privilege among men.

My Pure Heart also was from the first moment of existence inflamed with love for God. Immediately, at the moment when my soul was cleansed from original sin, grace was infused into it in such abundance that, excluding my holy spouse, I surpassed the holiness of the highest angel in the angelic choir. My heart suffered with the Hearts of Jesus and Mary. Mine was a silent suffering, for it was my special vocation to hide and shield, as long as God willed, the Virgin Mother and Son from the malice and hatred of men.

The most painful of my sorrows was that I knew beforehand of their passion, yet would not be there to console them. Their future suffering was ever present to me and became my daily cross, so I became, in union with my holy spouse, co-redemptor of the human race. Through compassion for the sufferings of Jesus and Mary I co-operated, as no other, in the salvation of the world.

March 11, 1958

Our Lady said to me: St. Joseph will come on the eve of his feast. Prepare yourself well. There will be a special message. My holy spouse has an important part to play in bringing peace to the world.

March 17, 1958

St. Joseph came as was promised, and these are the words he spoke at this time:

Kneel down, my daughter, for what you will hear and what you will write will bring countless souls to a new way of life. Through you, small one, the Trinity desires to make known to souls Its desire to be adored, honored, and loved within the kingdom, the interior kingdom of their hearts.

I bring to souls the purity of my life and the obedience that crowned it. All fatherhood is blest in me whom the Eternal Father chose as His representative on earth, the Virgin-Father of His own Divine Son. Through me the Heavenly Father has blessed all fatherhood, and through me He continues and will continue to do so till the end of time.

My spiritual fatherhood extends to all God’s children, and together with my Virgin Spouse I watch over them with great love and solicitude. Fathers must come to me, small one, to learn obedience to authority: to the Church always, as the mouthpiece of God, to the laws of the country in which they live, insofar as these do not go against God and their neighbor. Mine was perfect obedience to the Divine Will, as it was shown and made known to me by the Jewish law and religion. To be careless in this is most displeasing to God and will be severely punished in the next world.

Let fathers also imitate my great purity of life and the deep respect I held for my Immaculate Spouse. Let them be an example to their children and fellowmen, never willfully doing anything that would cause scandal among God’s people. Fatherhood is from God, and it must take once again its rightful place among men."

josephite and sparrow like this.
  2. Xavier

Xavier "In the end, My Immaculate Heart will Triumph."

We must never forget the special role that our Glorious Patriarch St. Joseph had throughout Our Lord's Life, right from ChristMas through the flight into Egypt, up until just before His ministry; and the special role he still has in the life of the Church. As Head of the Holy Family, St. Joseph has a special role as patron of the Universal Church, the family of God, and as protector of the Pope, the head of the Church. We must request St. Joseph's powerful intercession to deliver the Church and all of us from modern trials within the Church.

"As St. Joseph ceased speaking I saw his Most Pure Heart:

The Most Chaste Heart of St. Joseph seemed to be lying on a cross which was of brown color. It appeared to me that at the top of the Heart, in the midst of the flames pouring out, was a pure white lily. Then I heard these words: Behold this pure heart so pleasing to Him who made it.

St. Joseph then continued:

The cross, my little one, upon which my heart rests is the cross of the Passion, which was ever present before me, causing me intense suffering. I desire souls to come to my Heart that they may learn true union with the Divine Will. It is enough, my child; I will come again tomorrow. Then I will make known to you how God wishes me to be honored in union with Jesus and Mary to obtain peace among men and nations. Good night, my little one.

March 19, 1958

On the evening of the next day, March 19, 1958, St. Joseph again appeared to me as he had promised and addressed me in these words:

My child, I desire a day to be set aside to honor my fatherhood. The privilege of being chosen by God to be the Virgin-Father of His Son was mine alone, and no honor, excluding that bestowed upon my Holy Spouse, was ever, or will ever, be as sublime or as high as this. The Holy Trinity desires thus to honor me that in my unique fatherhood all fatherhood might be blessed.

Dear child, I was king in the little home of Nazareth, for I sheltered within it the Prince of Peace and the Queen of Heaven. To me they looked for protection and sustenance, and I did not fail them. I received from them the deepest love and reverence, for in me they saw Him Whose place I took over them. So the head of the family must be loved, obeyed, and respected, and in return be a true father and protector to those under his care. In honoring in a special way my fatherhood, you also honor Jesus and Mary. The Divine Trinity has placed into our keeping the peace of the world. The imitation of the Holy Family, my child, of the virtues we practiced in our little home at Nazareth is the way for all souls to that peace which comes from God alone and which none other can give.

Then suddenly, as he ceased speaking, I was favored with a unique and marvelous vision of the glorious St. Joseph:

St. Joseph seemed suspended, as it were, a short distance above what had the appearance of a large globe with clouds moving about it. His head was slightly raised, the eyes gazing upward as if in ecstasy. The hands were in a position similar to that of the priest during the celebration of Holy Mass, only they extended upward somewhat. The color of his hair, as also of his rather small and slightly forked beard, seemed a very dark brown. His eyes resembled in color the hair and beard

He was clothed in a white robe that reached to his ankles. Over this he wore a sort of cloak which did not come together at the throat, but covering the shoulders and draped gracefully over each arm, reached to the hem of the robe. The cloak at times had, or seemed to have, the appearance of a brown, sometimes a purple, hue, or perhaps a slight blending of the two. The belt about his waist was of a gold color, as were his sandals.

His appearance, though quite youthful, gave at the same time the impression of rare maturity combined with great strength. He seemed a bit taller than medium height. The lines of his face appeared strong and purposeful, softened somewhat by a gentle serenity. I also saw his most Pure Heart at this time.

Moreover, I saw the Holy Spirit in the form of a dove hovering above his head. Standing sideways, facing each other, were two angels, one on the right, the other on the left. Each carried what appeared to be a small pillow in a satin covering, the pillow on the right bearing a gold crown, the one on the left, a gold scepter. The angels were all white, ever their faces and hair. It was a beautiful whiteness that reminded me of the stainlessness of heaven.

Then I heard these words: Thus should he be honored whom the King desires to honor.

josephite and sparrow like this.
  3. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

St. Joseph addresses his role as co-redeemer with Jesus and Mary thus:

My heart suffered with the hearts of Jesus and Mary. Mine was a silent suffering, for it was my special vocation to hide and shield, as long as God willed, the Virgin Mother and her Son from the malice and hatred of men.

The most painful of my sorrows was that I knew beforehand of their passions, yet would not be there to console them. Their future suffering was ever present to me and became my daily cross. I became, in union with my holy spouse, co-redemptor of the human race. Through compassion for the sufferings of Jesus and Mary I co-operated, as no other, in the salvation of the world.
    (Diary, pg. 13)

josephite likes this.
  4. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

Joseph, because he was to be the putative, the legal father of Jesus according to Jewish law, was likewise favored with a singular privilege similar to but lesser than Mary’s in deference to her greater role and greater privilege. His privilege was being cleansed from original sin and its effects the moment after his conception. With this cleansing came also an infusion of grace in an abundance only exceeded by the fullness of grace that Mary knew. He spoke of this great grace to Sister Mildred Mary Neuzil in October 1956, about a week after Our Lady’s first appearance; she heard but did not see him at this time.

It is true, my daughter, that immediately after my conception, I was, through the future merits of Jesus and because of my exceptional role of future Virgin-Father, cleansed from the stain of original sin. I was from that moment confirmed in grace and never had the slightest stain on my soul. This is my unique privilege among men.

My pure heart also was from the first moment of existence inflamed with love for God. Immediately, at the moment when my soul was cleansed from original sin, grace was infused into it in such abundance that, excluding my holy spouse, I surpassed the holiness of the highest angel in the angelic choir.
    (Diary, pg. 13)

The privilege of being chosen by God to be the Virgin-Father of His Son was mine alone, and no honor, excluding that bestowed upon my Holy Spouse, was ever, or will ever, be as sublime or as high as this. (Diary, pg. 28- March 19,1958)

josephite likes this.
  5. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

When the vision ended, St. Joseph before taking leave spoke to me in the following manner: “The Holy Father need have no fear, for I have been appointed his special protector. As God chose me to be the special guardian of His Son, so has He chosen me as the special guardian of him who in Christ’s Name is head of the Mystical Body of that same Son on earth.”

My special protection of the Holy Father and the Church should be made known to him. God wishes to make this known to him that he may receive thereby renewed consolation and encouragement. During the war, little daughter, it was I who saved him from death at the hands of his enemies. Continually I watch over him and the Church, and I desire this to be acknowledged for the greater glory of God and the good of souls.
    (Diary, pgs. 29-31)

St. Joseph is speaking of Eugenio Pacelli, Pope Pius XII. Eugenio Pacelli had been named secretary of the Congregation for Extraordinary Affairs in 1914 at the start of World War I. Having studied law and diplomacy, in 1917 the Vatican, working to end the war, named him Apostolic Nuncio to the German state of Bavaria. While in Munich in 1919, Eugenio experienced a sudden invasion into the papal nunciature by the Communists, revolvers in hand. That experience left him with a lifelong fear of communism. Surely this is but one time which St. Joseph refers to as saving him from death at the hands of his enemies.

Reference on Pope Pius XII: http://www.catholictradition.org/Papacy/piusxii-bio.htm

A day will come when the civilized world will deny its God, when the Church will doubt as Peter doubted. She will be tempted to believe that man has become God. In our churches, Christians will search in vain for the red lamp where God awaits them. Like Mary Magdalene, weeping before the empty tomb, they will ask, "Where have they taken Him?"
    [Roche, Pie XII Devant L'Histoire, pp. 52-53.]

Will the Church of Christ have to undergo a new age of persecution so that the blood of martyrs will again replenish our soil with the seeds of the Faith? Let us pray, pray daily as Our Lady asked, the Prayer to the Immaculate Conception that calls on all the angels and saints, especially St. Joseph, to assist Our Lady and us in renewing the face of the earth. With Mary, let us “go to Joseph” with all our needs!

Prayer to the Immaculate Conception

O Immaculate Mother, Queen of our Country, open our hearts, our homes, and our Land to the coming of Jesus, your Divine Son. With Him, reign over us, O heavenly Lady, so pure and so bright with the radiance of God’s light shining in and about you. Be our Leader against the powers of evil set upon wresting the world of souls, redeemed at such a great cost by the sufferings of your Son and of yourself, in union with Him, from that same Savior, Who loves us with infinite charity.

We gather about you, O chaste and holy Mother, Virgin Immaculate, Patroness of our beloved Land, determined to fight under your banner of holy purity against the wickedness that would make all the world an abyss of evil, without God and without your loving maternal care.

We consecrate our hearts, our homes, our Land to your Most Pure Heart, O great Queen, that the kingdom of your Son, our Redeemer and our God, may be firmly established in us.

We ask no special sign of you, sweet Mother, for we believe in your great love for us, and we place in you our entire confidence. We promise to honor you by faith, love, and the purity of our lives according to your desire.

Reign over us, then, O Virgin Immaculate, with your Son Jesus Christ. May His Divine Heart and your most chaste Heart be ever enthroned and glorified among us. Use us, your children of America, as your instruments in bringing peace among men and nations. Work your miracles of grace in us, so that we may be a glory to the Blessed Trinity, Who created, redeemed, and sanctifies us.

May your valiant Spouse, St. Joseph, with the holy Angels and Saints, assist you and us in “renewing the face of the earth.” Then when our work is over, come, Holy Immaculate Mother, and as our Victorious Queen, lead us to the eternal kingdom, where your Son reigns forever as King. Amen. (200 days)

(Written at the behest of Our Lady, October 5, 1956, 2 years prior to the death of Pope Pius XII.)

josephite, Xavier and AED like this.
  6. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

.......Let us learn from Joseph as from Jesus how our Father in heaven loves us and longs to have us with Him in the glory of His kingdom. Heed these powerful words spoken by St. Joseph to Sister Mildred (Mary Ephrem) Neuzil in March of 1958.

Kneel down, my daughter, for what you will hear and what you will write will bring countless souls to a new way of life. Through you, small one, the Trinity desires to make known to souls Its desire to be adored, honored, and loved within the kingdom, the interior kingdom of their hearts. I bring to souls the purity of my life and the obedience that crowned it.

All fatherhood is blest in me whom the Eternal Father chose as His representative on earth, the Virgin-Father of His own Divine Son. Through me the Heavenly Father has blessed all fatherhood, and through me He continues and will continue to do so till the end of time. My spiritual fatherhood extends to all God’s children, and together with my Virgin Spouse I watch over them with great love and solicitude.

Fathers must come to me, small one, to learn obedience to authority: to the Church always, as the mouthpiece of God, to the laws of the country in which they live, insofar as these do not go against God and their neighbor. Mine was perfect obedience to the Divine Will, as it was shown and made known to me by the Jewish law and religion. To be careless in this is most displeasing to God and will be severely punished in the next world.

Let fathers also imitate my great purity of life and the deep respect I held for my Immaculate Spouse. Let them be an example to their children and fellowmen, never willfully doing anything that would cause scandal among God’s people.

Fatherhood is from God, and it must take once again its rightful place among men. ... Behold this pure heart so pleasing to Him Who made it. ... I desire souls to come to my heart that they may learn true union with the Divine Will. ... The privilege of being chosen by God to be the Virgin-Father of His Son was mine alone, and no honor, excluding that bestowed upon my Holy Spouse, was ever, or will ever, be as sublime or as high as this. The Holy Trinity desires thus to honor me that in my unique fatherhood all fatherhood might be blessed.

(Sister Mildred (Mary Ephrem) Neuzil, Diary, OUR LADY OF AMERICA©, Fostoria, Ohio, Pgs. 27-28.)

7. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

On March 30, 1958, St. Joseph spoke further on his role in our lives and the life of the Church.

I am the protector of the Church and the home, as I was the protector of Christ and His Mother while I lived upon earth. Jesus and Mary desire that my pure heart, so long hidden and unknown, be now honored in a special way. Let my children honor my most pure heart in a special manner on the First Wednesday of the month by reciting the Joyful Mysteries of the rosary in memory of my life with Jesus and Mary and the love I bore them, the sorrows I suffered with them. Let them receive Holy Communion in union with the love with which I received the Savior the first time and each time I held Him in my arms.

Those who honor me in this way will be consoled by my presence at their death, and I myself will conduct them safely into the presence of Jesus and Mary. (Diary, Pgs. 31-32.)

josephite and AED like this.
  8. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

9. AED

AED Powers

josephite, Xavier and earthtoangels like this.
  10. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

Bishop Jugis of Charlotte, NC has declared 2020 “The Year of St. Joseph.” We have prepared a guide for First Wednesday Devotion. Permission is given to use and adapt it for private use, for group prayer, or for discussion groups provided there is no commercial printing or money involved and proper credit is given to our web site, www.ourladyofamerica.com and to the page numbers that correspond to Sister Mildred Mary Neuzil’s original Diary as shown on our web site.

See What’s New on www.ourladyofamerica.com

https://www.ourladyofamerica.com/whatsnew/FirstWednesdayDevotionAHolyHour.pdf

May St. Joseph protect you and your family as he protected Jesus and Mary. May he intercede for a new Pentecost within the Church.

office@ourladyofamerica.com

josephite, Xavier, AED and 1 other person like this.
  11. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

Consecration to St. Joseph II: The Medal of St. Joseph

The images on this link are really beautiful! Love the one for the Trinity!

As February 16, 2020 nears for the start of the Consecration to St. Joseph let us begin to prepare our hearts to encounter the man who most influenced Our Lord Jesus Christ, St. Teresa of Avila, St. André Bessette, and many others. Let us prepare for 33 days to enter St. Joseph’s workshop every day as Jesus did for 30 years.

http://atxcatholic.com/index.php/20...oseph-ii-the-medal-of-st-joseph/#.XkVtji2ZNQK

josephite, Jo M, Sam and 1 other person like this.
  12. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers