1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

St James

Discussion in 'Scriptural Thoughts' started by torrentum, May 18, 2016.

1. torrentum

torrentum Angels

Ive decided to memorise the book of St James.

It's always been one of my favourite Bible books, I find it full of good, moral, behavioural guidance.
    I want to be able to 'read' it as I mow the lawn, drive the car, paint the wall, by reciting it mentally. Wikipedia says the book of James articulates 'patient perseverance during trials and temptations' , an excellent summary - one that I think covers just about every Catholic alive today.
    I love the books 'faith without works is dead' theme and reminds me of the 'empty hands' message of Garabandal.
    I decided to share it here to increase my chances of success, as Im less likely to quit if I'll look an idiot!
    It's certainly one of the more audacious spiritual undertakings I've considered.
    A couple of verses a day, for months and months. Learn, repeat, repeat repeat, revise, revise, revise.

Wish me luck.

Now, Jas 1:1......

Ed Kleese and Sam like this.
  2. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

Best of luck...wow...I could never do that!

torrentum likes this.
  3. djmoforegon

djmoforegon Archangels

That's a great idea. Someday very soon we might not have the freedom to grab our bibles for a quick reference check. I've also been wanting to memorize a single book of the bible but I will have to settle for the one part that throws me into deep contemplation. It's John 1, Chapter 1 The Prologue...1"In the beginning was the Word......

torrentum likes this.