St Faustina. Jesus Divine Mercy.

Discussion in 'The Saints' started by Jane, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Jane

Jane Angels

For those who don't know. Back in October 2009 my life changed because of the messages/warnings of Garabandal.
    So I have no doubt if it wasn't for these warnings my life would be still moving down hill.

But in early December 2012, someone showed me something that made me sit up. It made me do alot of research. Sadly, and I do say sadly, I no long believe it was The Mother of God appearing at Garabandal. :(

I have come back on the forum, not to make an arguement, but to show how lucky we are to have such a Merciful God in Jesus.

I believe when this illumination of conscience comes, it will not be a warning, but it will be Jesus coming in HIS FINAL COMING.

I want to share many words of Jesus to St Faustina on this thread.

But first I would like to show the discription of the 'warning' of Garabandal and then show the difference to how St Faustina said.
    Padraig has given me permission to do this.

GARABANDAL
    A world wide warning that will happen in the sky…like a collision of two stars that do not fall down…It will frighten all humanity regardless where one happens to be at the time….it will be a thousand times worse than earthquakes….like a fire that will not burn your flesh….it will last a very short time, although to us it will seem like a very long time…no one can prevent it from happening…It will be recognised as coming from God…it will resemble a punishment…it is meant to be a purification…like the relevation of our sins and what we will feel in our hearts will be worse than sorrow. It will not kill us, if we die it will be caused by the emotion within us.

JESUS SAID TO ST FAUSTINA….
    “Write this: Before I come as a just Judge, I am coming first as a King of Mercy. Before the day of justice arrives, there will be given to people a sign in the heavens of this sort:
    All the light in the heavens will be extinguished, and there will be great darkness over the whole earth. Then the sign of the cross will be seen in the sky, and from the openings where the hands and the feet of the saviour were nailed will come forth great lights which will light up the earth for a period of time. This will take place shortly before the last day.”

Jesus has said so many things to St Faustina which will give us so much hope and remove most of the fear we have for whatever reason.

"Jesus I trust in You"

jayneturner2012 likes this.
  2. Indy

Indy Praying

Hi,

You state you that no longer believe the Mother of God was appearing at Garabandal, but can you explain this a little further? A statement like this would want some backing before being accepted.

Thanks,
    God Bless,

Indy

3. Rain

Rain Powers

She backed her statement by comparing and contrasting, especially the nature of the sign in the sky. She's showing us that St. Faustina describes it differently than the the messages at Garabandal. That's a valid concern. I think it's important to test unapproved messages against the things we know to be true, such as those given to St. Faustina.

Even though I haven't made up my mind as to Garabandal's authenticity, and won't unless events come to pass as described or the or the church gives it her stamp of approval, I don't think we can say the inconsistencies between the two messages means Garabandal is false.

No apparition has given a full account of what the Illumination will be like from beginning to end. None have gone into great detail. I think there's still room for both of these accounts as described. When the Illumination begins there's a good chance that it will scare the stuffing out of us, and feel like a punishment, but by the time it ends we will have an intimate experience of God's Mercy. There will be a sense of sorrow for our sins, but at the same time, incredible peace and joy will come over us. It might start out like a "collision of stars", with the earth shaking under our feet, but it will end with the vision of Jesus with light pouring out of His wounds.

At this point in time, we simply don't have all the details, God is keeping some things a surprise until the day it happens, but over time, through different visionaries, He has given us little pepples of information. It's up to us to gather the pebbles into a single collection. Perhaps that explains the difference between the two messages, perhaps not, but that's my take on things.

Jimmyiz likes this.
  4. jerry

jerry Guest

Medjugorie and Garabandal are 'well served' by several members on this forum who have in depth knowledge and devotion.

Of the appearances of Our Mother that are now in the past there are some which in my opinion (and i am very happy to be corrected on this point by other members) there is less in depth knowledge that has been shared. I would include the appearances to Sister Faustina in this category.

If you plan to devote some time sharing what you have read on the writings of Sister Faustina then i for one would be grateful.

But perhaps you should make clear from the outstart the written sources for your quotes. And if it is not too onerous a task also state beside each quote the volume/ book it comes from.

5. Fatima

Fatima Guest

Jane, My suggestion is do not take so literal the "event" of the Warning. In doing so one can make a big mistake. I know well St. Faustina's message and have no problem with it along side the Garabandal messages. Keep in mind two events were foretold to take place at Garabandal.. the Warning and the Miracle. I believe that St. Faustina's message describes both. Both the Miracle and the Warning are acts of Mercy from God. My feelings is the Cross in the Sky (or the permanet Miracle foretold at Garabandal) will be connected to the last act of God's great Mercy. The Warning is the first act of God's Mercy in these end times. …before I come as the just Judge, I am coming first as the King of Mercy… before I come as a just Judge, I first open wide the door of My mercy. He who refuses to pass through the door of My mercy must pass through the door of My justice…Divine Mercy in My Soul, Jesus to St. Faustina, Diary, n. 83, 1146

sunburst likes this.
  6. Carmel333

Carmel333 Powers

Hi Jane, I'm sorry you are having doubts, but truly do NOT see why the writings of St Faustina would cause any doubts on Garabandal. For me, they only confirmed the apparition, because St Faustina was given a more detailed aspect of the Warning. I had an apparition in 1997 and before that knew NOTHING of any prophecies. At the time Jesus appeared to me as a King, beautiful and glorious, and gave me a huge warning about my sins. Afterward, I remember thinking I was so glad he did not appear on the cross to me, as I felt I could not have borne it.
    He gave me to know that He would be appearing on the cross to the whole world BEFORE He comes back as Just Judge and King of the Earth (the Second Coming). Also, right after the apparition, before I did anything else, I read the whole bible because I wanted to know Jesus life on earth better, and to know His religion. I found many, many instances that talk about a great Warning to mankind right before His return to earth. Also remember He said to Faustina that a "Star from Poland" would prepare the world for His second coming, who obviously is John Paul II. We must remember that God always give pieces of the puzzle to many prophets throughout time, and they do not fight against each other, but work together. Many believe mistakenly that the Four Gospals contridict each other, when really they tell different parts and views of Jesus life on earth, and just give us MORE to the witness of Him.

Jon likes this.
  7. Jon

Jon Archangels

I think you are right. The descriptions of the Warning offered by the Garabandal visionaries were intentionally incomplete, even as admitted by them, I think. They seem to have been prompted by interviewers probing with questions when they were young. I thought I recall that they said things like "I can't tell what the Warning will consist of, but it will be something like this....."

8. Fatima

Fatima Guest

The only statement that St. Faustina makes specific to the Warning is as follows:
    Suddenly I saw the complete condition of my soul as God sees it. I could clearly see all that is displeasing to God. I did not know that even the smallest transgressions will have to be accounted for. What a moment! Who can describe it? To stand before the Thrice-Holy-God! St. Faustina; Divine Mercy in My Soul, Diary, n. 36

The other aforementioned statement by St. Faustina (#83) deals only with our Lord's Mercy and not specific about the Warning. If you look at it closely, her message on the Warning is #36. Then comes the message of the Miracle #83 in her writings. Both are acts of Divine Mercy and both are compatible with the Garabandal messages.

9. Jane

Jane Angels

As I was banned in November, and have only just returned. I feel somewhat nervous to what I can say.
    For those that know me, know that I speak with honesty, but I think I have to learn not to speak too much.

I believe we are in the end times that even the elect will follow the false prophet, and everyone thinks Jesus is talking about someone else.

I will show reasons why on another thread. I really want to spread the messages of Jesus coming in His Divine Mercy here, rather than turn it into an arguement.

I don't take my change of heart lightly. It takes humility to change your mind. This is waht I have to do alot in the past 10 months.

MomsCalling and jayneturner2012 like this.
  10. padraig

padraig Powers

The side of the brain we use for mystical experiences is the same side we use for peotry .art. prayer, creative writing and so on. The other side of the brain is for stuff like mathematics and science. The mystical part of the brain I think we can imagine as giving off soft kinda fuzzy pastel colours, the other side more certain black and white stuff.

If we kinda try to put the mystical stuff into too analytical criteria we kinda loose it like tring to come up with a mathematical formula for a painting. :)

What I am saying mysticism is a lot like art , you don't critique a great painting with a microscope any more than you try to do physics with a paint brush.

We see great mystical experiences better through the eyes of the heart rather than reductionism ( I mean reducing them to constituent parts}. You are using your brain to see, try prayer use your heart. I don't mean put your brain in the bin, no, but see with the heart first.;)

[​IMG]

HOPE and bflocatholic like this.
  11. Jane

Jane Angels

I will be going on book of St Faustina's Diary.

Yes. When I share one of Jesus' messages I will quote the message number.

Now. I will not read (or take seriously) any so called apparition or lucutions unless they are from Saints or Church approved.
    Read too much unapproved stuff only poisons the mind and creates confusion.

I have learnt the importance of being obediant to the Church.

12. awaitwithjoy

awaitwithjoy Guest

:(

13. Carmel333

Carmel333 Powers

Hi Jane, the last time you were on this forum, you were nay-saying Medjugorje. Now you seem to be against Garabandal. At least we can be thankful you have not banned St Faustina! ;) Since many now-Saints like Padre Pio, Mother Theresa, and John Paul II have themselves blessed and believed in Garabandal, I have to think (having studied St Faustina pretty extensively myself for many years) that she too would have believed in Garabandal. The Saints did not close their minds and hearts to God, they used their knowledge of Church teachings and much time spent in prayer to discern. If you feel you may be led astray by Garabandal, then perhaps you might just not think about it. I have seen a few writings of people who think Garabandal is from the devil, and they only have SECULAR arguements, saying only the devil would do the supernatural, so I think they are just a crock. God does supernatural things all the time. Here I am again being blunt and I mean no disrespect, but since there are obviously many people on this forum that believe in and love the Garabandal Prophecies, perhaps we would feel the need to defend the Seers of Garbandal, and that would start more arguements?? Just my opinion. God Bless!

HOPE likes this.
  14. HOPE

HOPE Guest

Jane, a thread on St. Faustina and the Divine Mercy of Jesus is a wonderful idea for a thread. You say you speak with honesty but you think you have learned not to speak too much. Perhaps in your opening statement then, you should have kept to the idea of the thread and should just have spoken of St. Faustina and the Divine Mercy of Jesus, as there is enough beauty in St. Faustina's diary to fill many threads and not started out by condemning Garabandal and inviting controversy from the start. St. Faustina's humility in not answering back on everything was truly something to admire and imitate.

15. Jane

Jane Angels

Yes I totally agree with you Hope. In fact it was my idea to just talk about the messages.

Yes. I wish I was like St Faustina. She didn't stand up for herself when she was accused falsely. It is something I must try and put into practice.

16. Jane

Jane Angels

JESUS SAID TO ST FAUSTINA….
    “Write this: Before I come as a just Judge, I am coming first as a King of Mercy. Before the day of justice arrives, there will be given to people a sign in the heavens of this sort:
    All the light in the heavens will be extinguished, and there will be great darkness over the whole earth. Then the sign of the cross will be seen in the sky, and from the openings where the hands and the feet of the saviour were nailed will come forth great lights which will light up the earth for a period of time. This will take place shortly before the last day.”

With discription of Jesus coming in His Mercy....and there will be great darkness over the whole earth.
    My thought is.. Is this the start of the 3 days of darkness????

Through what I have read and in taking notes and trying to put it together. I wonder.. When Jesus comes in His unfathamable Divine Mercy are we then only a few days away from the end of life as we know it?

Here Jesus says, if we accept this mercy, we shall already have entered the new life in which there is no suffering.
    ALL MY QUOTES COME FROM THE DIARY OF ST FAUSTINA .

He desires everyone to know this before He comes again as Judge. He wants

souls to come to know Him first as King of Mercy. When this triumph comes, we shall already

have entered the new life in which there is no suffering. But before this, your soul [of the

spiritual director] will be surfeited with bitterness at the sight of the destruction of your

efforts. However, this will only appear to be so, because what God has once decided upon,

He does not change. But although this destruction will be such only in outward appearance,

the suffering will be real. When will this happen? I do not know. How long will it last? I do not

know.

17. Mary's child

Mary's child Guest

I don't think that the illumination is Christ's final coming, but a mark of His infinite mercy. God actually wants everyone in Heaven with him, sadly this isn't happening.

God knows what we have inherited as a generation and He is making huge allowances for this. I believe that the illumination of our conscience is to remind us that God does indeed exist and that we are all held accountable for our actions. And will be given a certain amount of time to convert and learn how to pray before we are truly dealing with hell unleashed on Earth. So far, we have just been experiencing the birth pangs..

sunburst likes this.
  18. Jane

Jane Angels

To help understand what I posted on post #16 and the discription of Jesus coming in His Divine Mercy
    This too St Faustina heard Jesus say...

You will prepare the world for My final coming.

remembering Jesus said before we see our sins we would have already entered into the new life. The only reason we see our sins is because The Almighty Father has once decided on it.

I will show the quote at another time when I find it. But Jesus says something like... it will only be those who accepts/recognises His Mercy will enter the new life then.

If you don't recognise this time of mercy, you will have to go through the door of Judgement.

So it seems quite clear that Jesus is so full of Mercy. That much so we can avoid our deserved judgement.

Does anyone understand what I am showing? Does it make sense? :)

19. sunburst

sunburst Powers

One of the running themes throughout the Diary of St. Faustina is obedience to the Church,...it is true! In authentic as yet unapproved prophecies obedience to the Church is the key. In the written Word we must also be obedient too,...
    1 Thessalonians,..5,.20-21 states,..Do not despise phropesies. But test all things; hold fast that which is good.
    Jesus also promises the Holy Spirit to guide us in all truths and by thier fruits you will know them,,,Garabandal, and Medjugoje,..like Fatima approved by the church bear the same fruit,...and believe me,.. the devil does not want anyone to think about the Passion as stated in Garabandal because that is where he met his demise.,Also hated by him is the Holy Rosary which Our Lady uses to bind him. Those to me are the good fruits,..

HOPE likes this.
  20. Fatima

Fatima Guest

Jane, do you reject the whole idea of a Warning or an Illumination of Conscience prior to the Miracle and world wide Chastisements?