1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

St Alberto Hurtado.

Discussion in 'The Saints' started by padraig, Nov 7, 2016.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

I got to know another saint I had never ever heard of over the week end is name is Fr Alberto Hurtado , only Chiles second canonisied saint and decalred one as recently as 2005:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberto_Hurtado

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

josephite likes this.
  2. padraig

padraig New Member

I never thoguht I would be attracted to St Alberto or form such a very strong sense of devotion and kinship in such a very short time. But I have. His spirituality seemed so very different from my own, he was a Jseuit and led a very, very active life involved very much with young people, an intellectual and very,very involved in terms of social action with Catholic action and the trade union movement.

But the thing that first drew me to him were the photos of the saint. He jsut seems so alive and vibrant and seems about to step out of them. He also seemed to be always, always laughing. Since I read about him and fromed a devotion to him he seems always to be close and I do beleive I can hear the sound of his laughter.

There is a wonderful story about St Slaberto. One night he was out in the poring freexing rain when he enocutered a poor man shaking and freezing , soaking in the wat. THe young saint gave the amn his coat and suddenly he saw that the man was Christ. Just as in the case of St MArtin of TOurs who gave half his cloak to a poor man. But St Alberto did not just give half, he gave it all.

Always laughing, always laughing.

St Alberto pray for us.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Booklady and josephite like this.