1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Spotlight

Discussion in 'Books, movies, links, websites.' started by padraig, Oct 1, 2016.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

I've just start watching the recently released film, 'Spotlight' on a the true story of a team of investigative reporters from the Boston Globe who exposed childabuse and a massive cover up in city.

What strikes me is that many Cahtolics were hostile to the investigation becuase they saw it as an, 'attack ', on the Church. Whereas in fact there reporters probably did the CHurch a massive favour by bringing these huge evils to light and forcing the Chuch to address them

Surley there is a similiarity here to what is happening regarding the huge and wisepread heresy during the present Pontiicate of Pope Francis? People are saying that adressing these isues to is , 'attacking the Church', or even , 'attakcing the Pope'. where as in fact dealing with these thigns in a realsitic way.

Addressing the problems of rampant child abuse being covered up ad also the problems of endemic heresy in the Vaticna itself are what we all should be doing. We are not defending the Church by covering up or defending such evils.

[​IMG]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spotlight_(film)

Spotlight is a 2015 American biographical drama film directed by Tom McCarthy and written by McCarthy and Josh Singer.[4][5] The film follows The Boston Globe's "Spotlight" team, the oldest continuously operating newspaper investigative journalist unit in the United States,[6] and its investigation into cases of widespread and systemic child sex abuse in the Boston area by numerous Roman Catholic priests. It is based on a series of stories by the "Spotlight" team that earned The Globe the 2003 Pulitzer Prize for Public Service.[7] The film stars Mark Ruffalo, Michael Keaton, Rachel McAdams, John Slattery, Stanley Tucci, Brian d'Arcy James, Liev Schreiber, and Billy Crudup.[8]

picadillo likes this.
  2. CrewDog

CrewDog Powers

I believe The Storm is here and Ya don't have to have a drop of religious blood in Ya to figure it out .... even if all you see is the biased/thru Rose Colored Glasses of the Liberal LameStream Media!!
    We People of Faith see God's Hand in our lives and The Storm........ and I believe that if The Church, Big -n-Little "C" was doing it's JOB there would be no Storm!! We People of Faith understand the need for a Divine Storm but Hope-n-Pray that The Lord will act in MERCY. I don't think it's a coincidence that this Year of Divine Mercy ends when all The Bad Stuff Out-There seems to be coming to a massive head :(

GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!

fallen saint likes this.
  3. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Yes, this is what I Lord has promised: "Before I come as the just Judge, I am coming first as the King of Mercy. Before the day of justice arrives, there will be given to people a sign in the heavens of this sort: All light in the heavens will be extinguished, and there will be great darkness over the whole earth. Then the sign of the cross will be seen in the sky, and from the openings where the hands and the feet of the Savior were nailed will come forth great lights which will light up the earth for a period of time. This will take place shortly before the last day."
    Message given to St. Faustina
    Diary of Divine Mercy, n. 83

4. padraig

padraig New Member

I started crying there now as I watched that film about the massive clerical child abuse and cover up in Boston. It is like a sword through the Heart. What must Our Blessed LAdy think? What does God think? A wonder He did not strike them all dead on the spot for their evil, from Cardinal Law right on down.

But you know terrible, terrible as this whole thing was and is its only a tiny thing compered to the mosnters , the heretics dressed up as Cardinals prowling ther Vatican at the moment. Not that's something to really cry about.

But this in Bsoton!! Well what a total , total horror picture, I really had no idea. Prayers for the victims and the whole Church. How,very,very, very sad for anyone who loves the Church. I ams orry but why was Cardinal Law not defrocked and excommunicated? Why is he not in jail for the longest time?

Oh well...he may excape the judgement of men but he willl not escape the Judgement Seat of God, where he will have a lot of hot, nasty questions to answer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Francis_Law

[​IMG]

5. picadillo

picadillo Powers

Padraig,

I can't even watch this film. Too many painful memories. I always questioned why St JP2 made Law the head of Santa Maria Maggiore Church in Rome. Somehow, I feel Law's hands were tied. I believe the take down of the Boston diocese was a misdirection to take away the attention from the real culprit of US catholic pedophilia , Joseph Cardinal Bernadin. We were after him for a couple decades. He was protected for reasons I can't go into. Believe it or not, I always thought they nailed Law was because he did have some orthodoxy. The real question is this, was Fr Malachi Martin correct in who was Bernadin's handler in the vatican. I say yes. It answers everything. Our Blessed Mother warned us about this group.

6. What did Fr Martin say?

7. Light

Light Angels

The destruction of innocence, is vile to its core; it is a heinous evil destroying what is most pure. The innocence of a child can never be fully restored. The victims trust is shattered. Very many victims of rape and other sexual abuses completely loose the sense of his/her inherent identity as a worthy human being. Many end up drug addicts on the streets. There is ALWAYS serious negative consequences to such victims.

I believe that some of the guys who victimized (especially persons who paraded as priests in the Church) should be separated from their gonads.

God Bless

CrewDog likes this.
  8. CrewDog

CrewDog Powers

The Greatest in the Kingdom
    (Mark 9:33-37; Luke 9:46-50)
    1AT that hour the disciples came to Jesus, saying: Who thinkest thou is the greater in the kingdom of heaven? 2And Jesus calling unto him a little child, set him in the midst of them, 3And said: Amen I say to you, unless you be converted, and become as little children, you shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. 4Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, he is the greater in the kingdom of heaven. 5And he that shall receive one such little child in my name, receiveth me. 6But he that shall scandalize one of these little ones that believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone should be hanged about his neck, and that he should be drowned in the depth of the sea.

GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!