1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

So what can we do?

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by josephite, Aug 29, 2017.

1. josephite

josephite Powers

I have now listened to so much and so many of the pros and cons on stuff on;

....Pope Francis

.......the Catholic Church

........the UN agenda rhetoric

.......thoughts of many on the illumananti

...thoughts of many on the false and true apparitions of Mary

etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc...........................

It all looks confusing and bleak, so what are we expected to do?

I am like the majority of all here: just a little person trying to remain faithful to Jesus! I am in reality a no one.

At best I am a very insignificant person and I wish that all this above ballyhoo was nonsensical!

But I must concede, with the overwhelming evidence...

It is real and it is happening!

it seems that you and I must go through it!

I am not ready for this Justice of God but I accept it, as His loving plan: I realise it will not feel loving at all and in fact it will feel as if He has abandon us!

Lord give us strength! Amen.

Lord have mercy on our souls! Amen.

gracia, maryrose, Dolours and 7 others like this.
  2. BrianK

BrianK Resident Kook, Crank, Curmudgeon - & Mod Staff Member

I wrote this last year in anticipation of this question:

https://onepeterfive.com/urgent-call-cross/

Excerpt:

Joy Amidst Crosses
    The acceptance of these events, and offering them up for the Church, the world, and our pope, has obviously been the source of great joy in our lives, and the occasion of God’s sweet and undeniable Providence for us.

Our Lady of Fatima came to tell us that the Message of Fatima is not complicated. Its requests are simply for prayer, reparation, repentance, and sacrifice, and the abandonment of sin. In 1943, Sister Lucia said,

…for many, thinking that the word penance means great austerities and not feeling in themselves the strength or the generosity for these, lose heart and rest in a life of lukewarmness and sin. Our Lord said to me: “The sacrifice required of every person is the fulfillment of his duties in life and the observance of My Law. This is the penance that I now seek and require.”

This is a level of sacrifice that, considering our world and our Church’s current events, is no longer optional, and must be joined to our prayers and fasting.

Some may be called to accept crosses over and above the sacrifice of the fulfillment of the duties of one’s state in life. Be generous in considering if God if calling you to this, but don’t be immature or naïve. Seek the guidance of a competent spiritual director first.

More than likely, these crosses would have been part of our life regardless. However, if they can be a source of our participation in salvific suffering, if they are something we may offer up for those doing the “heavy lifting” in this historic battle, if they may be the only way we can “do something” concrete in the face of the seeming eclipse of our beloved Church and this heterodox agenda, and they may often be accompanied by incredible joy and God’s tender Providence, we should seriously consider the words of St. Paul,

Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up those things that are wanting of the sufferings of Christ, in my flesh, for his body, which is the church.’

gracia, Don_D, Carol55 and 3 others like this.
  3. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

Be small, humble, do penance, do your daily duties, share the truth with others, and pray.
    That's about it ;)

Work on your sanctity by submitting to God's Will and His Grace.
    By doing this your prayers will be made more powerful and you will help save more people.

Many saints saved many souls by simply praying, growing close to God and sweeping the convent floor.

gracia, Booklady, Don_D and 10 others like this.
  4. padraig

padraig New Member

If we were Cardinals of Bishops we might be called to the front line. But as lay people this is usually not so. Prayer , Penance ,Fasting, Sacrifice.

I was very happy tonight I met a lay person who is as concerned as I am. Cheered me up.:):):)

gracia, Booklady, Carol55 and 5 others like this.
  5. Mario

Mario Powers

47 But when Jesus perceived the thought of their hearts, he took a child and put him by his side, 48 and said to them, "Whoever receives this child in my name receives me, and whoever receives me receives him who sent me; for he who is least among you all is the one who is great."

Booklady, Don_D, Dolours and 2 others like this.
  6. josephite

josephite Powers

Thank you Mario!
    I think you see a glimpse of my soul!
    I am at present under a cloaked attack, I can not explain it, suffice to say that old wobberly legs is doing his best in my vicinity.

May God continue to bless you and all of us. Amen.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    gracia, Booklady and Don_D like this.
  7. Don_D

Don_D Powers

These are trying times josephite. Refining times it seems. I will pray for you this evening.

josephite likes this.
  8. Don_D

Don_D Powers

While things do look bleak on many accounts we have to seize on the good we see around us. The men for instance like Cardinals Sarah and Burke who are standing up and being counted for the truth. The many martyrs who are passing through the flames.

Many times I see the simple things around us that are easily overlooked, for instance a blooming flower or tree. These things may seem small and not related to the times we are in but they are a testament to God's natural order which try as they might are not overcome.

Keep in mind, the adversary wants us to lose hope and in turn lose charity.