slightly freaky

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Rain, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Rain

Rain Powers

This is highly unusual for me. I know a lot of people seem to hear God speak to them in prayer, but for me, it's this side of never. I wasn't even praying or even thinking about praying --so kind of freaky. I was in bed. My daughter was sleeping next to me (because I'm painting her bedroom and her room is tore up). It was almost time to wake her for school -- I'm not sure if I was already awake or if this is what woke me up, but I heard a voice in my mind, say quite distinct.

"Pick up your cross and follow me."

It's kind of got me worried. I was just talking to someone about the only other time, a long time ago, I heard a voice . . . and it was sort of like then. Nothing came out of it that time, so it's probably nothing this time either. So, maybe talking about it put the idea in my mind and I was dreaming about it or something. Anyway, say a prayer. Talk of crosses scare me -- I'm a wimp that way.

:?

2. darrell

darrell New Member

Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Whoever wishes to come after me must deny himself, take up his cross, and follow me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.
    --Matthew 16:24-25

I don't know if the voice was Jesus or your own mind, but it really doesn't matter. As long as we're seeking to do God's will, we can trust that He will give us the grace to get done what He has set before us.

Jesus, I trust in you.
    Jesus, I trust in you.
    Jesus, I trust in you.

Darrell

3. padraig

padraig Powers

t the feet of Mary. God loves you very much and only wants great good for you and your family, Deanns. 'For those who love god, ALL THINGS work unto the good'...

4. Lee

Lee Principalities

For what it's worth Rain, that in between time of waking and sleeping is when I receive songs, messages and visions...what a comfort to know you are on the right track. One time I heard a band like the MARINE CORP MARCHING BAND playing full volume the BATTLE HYMN OF THE REPUBLIC. It made me laugh as I shot out of bed.

5. Mario

Mario Powers

Rain,

God loves wimps! As Paul said, "When I am weak, then I am strong." I'll keep you in prayer.

In the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

6. maryrose

maryrose Powers

Rain,
    Just want to say Hi from another wimp. I sometime look back and marvel at how I have come this far.
    Keep trusting and praying as you climb the mountain.
    Mary

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

coincidence

Very similar experience came to me just last week, Rain. I had not been in prayer for a number of days, and one night I was just putting the covers over my head to sleep, and heard so clearly among the random noise of my thoughts: "Pray. I Still Love You."

That's all.

A word to the wise is sufficient--I'm in prayer more now, and again striving to have a daily routine that includes Scripture and prayer. I'm such a slacker.