1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Signs

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by themilitantcatholic, Sep 3, 2015.

1. djmoforegon

djmoforegon Archangels

California saw winds of up to 175 mph. The famous "drive-through tree" that was over 1000 years old was blown on its side.

sparrow likes this.
  2. padraig

padraig New Member

sparrow likes this.
  3. CrewDog

CrewDog Powers

DeGaulle likes this.
  4. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

Even worse is the bit at the end where they compare Trump to Herod. Are these churches just bastions of politically-correct atheism? Any Christian with a brain-cell could see that the 'Herod' label is a perfect fit for Clinton.

5. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Principalities

6. HeavenlyHosts

Today I stumbled upon the noon Mass at St. John Neumann in Annapolis MD. It is a Redemptorist parish, and has this beautiful icon of Our Mother of Perpetual Help on the side. After the Mass, Novena prayers were recited to Our Mother. We venerated the small icon in a line after Mass. The very short sermon today was on the Rosary, and on the messages of the Blessed Mother which all say the same thing: pray the Rosary. Felt like I had died and gone to Heaven. Could not believe this!!!!!! Will surely go back there. Go figure...my son needed a ride this morning to pick up his car in the shop and I was close to this church! I will have to go back. and SOON. God bless you all, Mother of Perpetual Help, pray for us.

Heidi, josephite, Sam and 8 others like this.
  7. BrianK

BrianK Resident Kook, Crank, Curmudgeon - & Mod

8. Mario

Mario Powers

djmoforegon and BrianK like this.
  9. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

Portions from recent Luz de Maria messages that might apply!:

Pray My children, the Earth shakes without ceasing.

Pray, My children, the earth continues to shake forcefully, foreshadowing great geographical changes.

My Beloved One, Humanity will not stop until it suffers what it has generated ... From Space is about part of the Purification, the force and vibration that have Celestial Objects that travel through Space, will directly influence the Earth Orbit, causing that The Earth's Axis moves and the Earth's entrails and Earth's center of gravity correspond to that vibration and magnetism, altering the normal rotation. Disasters will increase; One and another earthquake will occur without the man being able to assist promptly, since conditions will prevent it. The fury of the waters will flood the coasts and the communications will be altered to the extreme. Then man will see that his technology does not manage to stand on its own, but depends on what the Divine Hand has created to continue advancing. It is not man the Creator but the slave of what he has created ... Nothing reaches beyond where Our Trinity allows it.

10. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

11. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

Sorry, wrong link in my comment above....that one is from my comment in the Malta row thread. Try this again....

Poor children of such a "brave" new world! No thought about the established natural order created by God for man's own welfare....just ..if it's possible why not, accompanied by the ever temptation to believe man to finally become his own little god unto himself! Garden of Eden's temptation continues to its horrible outcome.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...study-discovered-make-embryos-skin-cells.html

12. CrewDog

CrewDog Powers

Geo. Soros is an immensely rich, powerful and EVIL man with an evil empire of equally evil minions and paid useful idiots. He and his Empire will not go down without a big fight and it may be Scorched Earth! He has backed-n-funded just about any anti-Christian/Catholic organization you can name and pro- abortion/perversion groups/political parties/candidates ... like Democrats USA/Billary ..... countless, Worldwide, Front Groups to project and fund manifest EVIL!

"Hungary Plans to Crackdown on All Soros-Funded NGOs"
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-hungarian-call-for-crackdown-on-soros-groups

"Soros Lost Nearly $1 Billion in Weeks After Trump Election"
    http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...-1-billion-in-weeks-after-trump-election.html

GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!

Dolours and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  13. DivineMercy

DivineMercy Principalities

I about fell over when I saw this and had to look it up! A great example of how there can be miscommunication on an international forum. Being an American, I didn't know that the term "fag" is a cigarette in the UK. In the US, it's a slur for a homosexual. :whistle:

djmoforegon likes this.
  14. HeavenlyHosts

o_OI wondered about that when I read it, but I am an Anglophile and I kinda knew that, but LOL anyway

15. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: well I had to look up Anglophile :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: being an Irish republican I kind don't like britan :):);)

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  16. JAA

JAA New Member

That reminds me of a wonderful group tour to England (English martyrs). We came from the US and were shocked when checking in to a hotel to be asked if we wanted to be knocked up in the morning. For US members who know what this means to us I'll leave it up to Europeans to explain what the question means to them.

Seagrace, Sam, HeavenlyHosts and 2 others like this.
  17. DivineMercy

DivineMercy Principalities

I remember Padraig referring to his dog one time using the term b**ch. As an American I would never use that word (it's on my despised words list) and was momentarily shocked by it. It took a few minutes to realize that culturally he uses it differently than any American who reads it does. For me in the US it is a crass, derogatory and demeaning term for a woman (usually if she asserts herself) and for him (I assume, at least, and for other people in Ireland/UK?) a term for a female dog. Languages are a funny thing, and it makes me think of all the confusion that started going back to the Tower of Babel. How many fights and hurt feelings have there been on this forum, perhaps, due to miscommunication and different cultural perspectives of what terms mean? Something maybe for us to keep in mind as we try to share our perspectives with one another :)

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  18. JAA

JAA New Member

Regarding perspectives, miscommunications are not just among us in a cultural sense but in other venues. Padraig was writing in another thread of a conversation he had with an evangelical protestant and he also lauded the presence of horse's hind ends in our lives as a true blessing from God. Only Catholics will think of his comments about this great gift as a godly experience and a sign of great love from our Father. Father Groeschel once remarked that the rules of the Church are not designed to impede us or to make us unhappy. The rules and disciplines are intended to help us become saints.We tend to cherish that sort of thing but evangelical protestants are shocked by remarks such as those and of others like St Teresa of Avila who remarked to the Lord that it was no wonder He has so few friends given the way He treats His friends. As one who generally is regarded as having had more than my fair share of horse's hind ends and unmitigated disasters (read really, really, really loved...I guess) I also have had the great blessing of being formally disciplined by evangelical protestants at the behest of my former husband...I guess. A great part of our problem in evangelizing in that quarter is that we use the same theological terms and think we are discussing the same things but we are not. The most basic of theological terms mean something entirely different to "them" than they do to "us" and it can be quite a long time into a conversation before we realize, if we are fortunate, that we are not speaking about the same thing at all. We all waste a great deal of time spinning our wheels and miscommunicating.

DivineMercy and Dolours like this.
  19. CrewDog

CrewDog Powers

20. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Syrian army says Israel fires rockets at military airport near Damascus.
    Note:This story can be found on The Telegraph and with other news agencies.